The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 15th, 2024

kazu

Today is McDonald's Day, National ASL Day (American Sign Language), and One Boston Day

When you're in love it's the most glorious two and a half days of your life. - Richard Lewis

Meal Suggestion for today - Beet Green Salad
Drink of the Day - Metropolis
Wine of the Day - Montebuena Rioja 
Destination of the Day - Manzanillo, Mexico

Today in History:
1912 RMS Titanic, the world's largest ocean liner, hits an iceberg at 11.40pm off Newfoundland, sinks in the early hours of 15 April
1947 Jackie Robinson becomes 1st African-American to play in US major league baseball (Dodgers)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 04-16

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 04-16

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica 07:00 - 16:00 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Cobh, Ireland eta 04-17

Oosterdam

Cadiz, Spain, Sevilla 08:00 - 18:00 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal eta 04-20

Volendam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 04-16

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 04-16

Zuiderdam

Durban, South Africa 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Honolulu, Oahu Island Hawaii eta 04-20

Westerdam

Kochi City, Japan Kochi 08:00 - 14:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 28

Elevate your cocktail experience to metropolitan heights with the Metropolis cocktail - a refined libation that blends the vibrant citrus notes of Cointreau liqueur, the zesty freshness of lemon juice, the perfect sweetness of simple syrup, and the exotic twist of mandarin vodka. This sophisticated concoction creates a symphony of flavors that mirrors the bustling energy of a cityscape. Picture the inviting colors of this cocktail - a golden hue that mirrors the lively and citrusy nature of its ingredients. Join us as we unveil the secrets to crafting the Metropolis, a perfect choice for those who appreciate a visually refined and flavor-packed beverage that captures the essence of cosmopolitan sophistication.

Ingredients:

3/4 oz. cointreau liqueur
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1 dash simple syrup
1 oz. mandarin vodka

Directions:

In a shaker, combine Cointreau liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, and mandarin vodka.
Fill the shaker with ice cubes, and shake the ingredients vigorously to blend and chill the concoction.
Strain the mixture into a chilled coupe glass, express the oils from an orange twist over the drink and drop it into the glass for a citrusy aroma(optional).

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 6.12.47 AM.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 24

Good morning and thank you for today's daily reports.

It is 52°F and sunny now after a cold early morning when I went out to see a customer and got my McDonald's cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee first and sat at the beach.

3 important day's.

I don't agree with today's quote as we have been in love since meeting nearly 46 years ago.

Prayers uplifted for all they can help.

I hope y'all have a fantastic day.

IMG_20240415_075614.jpg

Screenshot_20240415_111901.jpg

Screenshot_20240415_111929.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We should have a sunny 12°C (54°F) afternoon.  Still too early to do much gardening, but we picked up quite a few twigs and small branches that came down in the wind a few days ago.

Hubby enjoys McDonald's coffee.  At one time I could sign a few things, but I've forgotten most of it, my bad.  Boston Strong.

I disagree with the quote, it's quite cynical.

The meal sounds interesting.  I'd like to try the drink.  I hope the wine is good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Hugs to Bruno.

I hope this is the start of a good week.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends!  This Monday morning the temp is 56F.  We should reach 84 and have mostly sunny skies all day.  It feels like summer instead of spring! 🌞

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  An appropriate day for Graham @grapau27 to pick up his breakfast and coffee at McDonald's.  ASL Day is a great way to recognize sign language and One Boston Day is important to remember those who lost their lives on Boston Marathon Day 2013.  The quote is another crazy Richard Lewis quote.  I'm not a huge fan of beets but Mom still served them.  I will again pass on the cocktail and wine.  It's hard to think about the sinking of the Titanic, but baseball great Jackie Robinson is a different story.  What a guy!  Thanks to our reporters Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their hard work.

Prayers this morning for my twin Linda who is at the hospital right now preparing to have surgery on her torn rotator cuff.  She hopes to be out of recovery and home by noon her time.  Also for DB with his IPF, and great nephew Alex's unborn twins.  Major prayers for the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still being held, and our men and women in uniform in the Middle East.  And of course we wouldn't forget our prayers for those here on the Care list. 🙏 So many have lost loved ones and friends recently and we send our support for you.  Hoping for better times for Tana and Vanessa @JazzyV, and less pain for anyone suffering from it.  

Congrats to everyone celebrating special events today and those lucky cruisers!  Enjoy yourselves!  🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for continuing to serve the Daily with the list keeping chores.  Prayers for you each day and hoping for good things ahead of you. ❤️ 

Today's port is Manzanillo, Mexico.  This was port of the day twice before on Nov. 8, 2021 and June 17, 2022.  We were there one time and have some photos to share.  Here's the links for you if you need them for posting your own photos.

Hoping you all have a great day, and remember to stay safe and keep well.🙂

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL now in hospice care

StLouisCruisers’ twin Linda having surgery for torn rotator cuff

Haljo1935 having an eye procedure

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck having a PET scan today

Quartzsite Cruiser and DH traveling to UTSW for f/u appointment

Passing of Atexsix's (Bruno's) Dear Dad

Passing of puppycanducruise’s friend Amy at 46

Rotterdam crew member who went overboard and another medically disembarked

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

Haljo1945 with a frozen shoulder

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kochleffel’s excellent feedback on his presentation

Cunnorl in Boston for her niece’s bridal shower, meeting family

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim getting a good report from the Neurologist

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for Kazu (Volendam Apr 21 to May 4) 13d The Atlantic Coast

6 days for VMax1700 (Nieuw Statendam Apr 21 to May 5) 14d Canary Island Allure

7 days for Summer slope (Disney Wish Apr 22 to Apr 26) 4d Bahamian cruised with DGS & his parents

Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam to Apr 21) 14d Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition, LAFFNVEGAS (Norwegian Joy to Apr 21) 7d Bermuda from NY, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, ORTravelGal (Rotterdam to May 4) 21d Atlantic Isles, Norway, Scotland, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery ?+ (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 23

We saw Manzanillo on our first South American cruise.  On March 15, 2012 the Star Princess was preparing to dock in Manzanillo, Mexico.  As you can see from this photo the town was built on and around several large hills which would later cause lots of confusion trying to walk around seeing the sights.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9RaAe7amZAT28rzoZznoi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646306

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZnUm77q6qYK_qnJ8NcqW6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646351

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0Fn--3yn03nBzfUcF93em?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ32GspJYNKFc6JpK3LwSdS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646396

Star Princess was our first cruise ship ever, in 2002 we took a cruise in Alaska on her.  Those were the good ol' days!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcLBJ-RIqxPkKMKi-b-L2l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646404

Manzanillo is know for this sailfish statue.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpzr0lpYsFbj9yYA-n3Efq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646461

We noticed pick up trucks like this driving around town with officers in the bed of the truck holding weapons.  Made you wonder how much crime there was there. 😬00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNbIetDOyoylaBlN68MRgI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646444

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPDb_3ApJBqznZrDO6ojRL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646530

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKez3S1R9S5EnwcxjqcXNCZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636379206

We found some interesting places like this open air shop where a lady was making tortillas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmMvDXpVq3k4B3U7tWuzsA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646493

And the market where they sold fish, fruits and vegetables.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJhfshYdnpIVJ8ezHY_Xgv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646500

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJRrg-A8qhnft9y1E7pR4_P?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646502

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgjJHMt9iBakp6mzwHqjS0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636379677

But we continued to find with those big hills all over town, that you would find yourself going down dead end streets so would have to backtrack to find your way out.  We also noticed fewer cruise ship passengers and other tourists around so we decided it would be safer to get back to the more populated areas.  Especially after seeing the large police presence.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrfpcJ0RRCxpmXhN3YHDcy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646453

Back to the waterfront.  Look at this amazing shrub shaped like a boat.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7iuHEaiz75ofIciefsn7A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646535

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrpjqVBkGEjF6o7i9_tukR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636379907

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFl8FUZ9kmrikDhCFmzUxh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646550

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_MGugpa-DnhY_lZfdl4cz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646427

Happy memories of cruises past.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKo96RAnGQLbgPV5cGUtcTC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646369

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, everyone!

It looks like we are in store for another day of sunny skies and warm temperatures here in mid-Michigan.  No complaints here!   Yesterday we cleaned out the garage.  It was tough on Sue as she likes to hold on to stuff even though it is broken or hasn't been used in years.  But, she did allow some things to go out.  We have large item pick up today and everything went to the curb.  There are a couple of items that I made suggestions about.  Eventually they will go out.  The result is we have a lot more room for storage on the shelves and we freed up space on the floor so her car can fit in more easily.  And, all the leaves were swept out.  Now, to get her to work on the art room.  It is a mess.  

Our first recipe today has some interesting information about beet greens.  It is recommended that the salad be paired with chicken or pork roast.  That sounds good!  This salad could be an interesting alternative to regular lettuce salads.  https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/what-to-do-with-beet-greens-and-a-recipe-for-beet-green-salad-with-sherry-vinaigrette-and-feta/

beetgreensalad1.thumb.jpg.319b01798621172bb27265ac962c287d.jpg

This next one is nice and colorful!  It uses sweetener in the dressing and that ups the carb count.  https://www.thespruceeats.com/raw-food-beet-green-salad-3377461

beetgreensalad2.png.803dfe7db659b6fcf87a2af92e23593e.pngbeetgreensalad2.png.803dfe7db659b6fcf87a2af92e23593e.png

This last recipe has apples and feta cheese in the salad.  Lots of different ideas on what to put in your salad.  https://jewishunpacked.com/beet-greens-feta-and-apple-salad/

beetgreensalad3.png.8aac3a5efb38918af9546f23f0fc7c80.png

I hope this finds you all well and I wish you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 19

Debbie @dfish who knew you could make a salad out of beet greens and it not even include the beets in the salad?  See, I pay attention to your recipes!

Good luck today to Chuck @catmando as he goes in for his PET scan today.  🙏

Same good wishes for Elizabeth @Haljo1935 as she has her eye procedure done.  🙏

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  A beautiful day in store for marathon Monday, good luck to all of the participants.  We will be busy packing as the movers come on Thursday so we’ll miss all the fun today.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Funny quote although probably not true in most cases.  I love beet greens but not as a meal.  I’ll pass on the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list and for the safety of the marathon runners today.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 30

Good Morning!!

Thank you for the Daily report!

I don't think I'm a Beet Greens person...  But those recipes look interesting!!

I'm heading to the doctor's later this afternoon...  Gotta see why this Bronchitis isn't clearing and why I'm feeling so fatigued!  I did the Covid test, as it seems we do when we're sick, nowadays!  It was negative...  But, something's grabbed me and won't let go!!

Hugs and prayers for all those on the Care List.  Bruno, I'm so sorry for your loss!!  

To all Dailyites...  Have a wonderful day!!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We saw Manzanillo on our first South American cruise.  On March 15, 2012 the Star Princess was preparing to dock in Manzanillo, Mexico.  As you can see from this photo the town was built on and around several large hills which would later cause lots of confusion trying to walk around seeing the sights.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9RaAe7amZAT28rzoZznoi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646306

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZnUm77q6qYK_qnJ8NcqW6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646351

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0Fn--3yn03nBzfUcF93em?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ32GspJYNKFc6JpK3LwSdS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646396

Star Princess was our first cruise ship ever, in 2002 we took a cruise in Alaska on her.  Those were the good ol' days!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcLBJ-RIqxPkKMKi-b-L2l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646404

Manzanillo is know for this sailfish statue.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpzr0lpYsFbj9yYA-n3Efq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646461

We noticed pick up trucks like this driving around town with officers in the bed of the truck holding weapons.  Made you wonder how much crime there was there. 😬00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNbIetDOyoylaBlN68MRgI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646444

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPDb_3ApJBqznZrDO6ojRL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646530

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKez3S1R9S5EnwcxjqcXNCZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636379206

We found some interesting places like this open air shop where a lady was making tortillas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmMvDXpVq3k4B3U7tWuzsA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646493

And the market where they sold fish, fruits and vegetables.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJhfshYdnpIVJ8ezHY_Xgv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646500

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJRrg-A8qhnft9y1E7pR4_P?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646502

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgjJHMt9iBakp6mzwHqjS0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636379677

But we continued to find with those big hills all over town, that you would find yourself going down dead end streets so would have to backtrack to find your way out.  We also noticed fewer cruise ship passengers and other tourists around so we decided it would be safer to get back to the more populated areas.  Especially after seeing the large police presence.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrfpcJ0RRCxpmXhN3YHDcy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646453

Back to the waterfront.  Look at this amazing shrub shaped like a boat.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7iuHEaiz75ofIciefsn7A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646535

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrpjqVBkGEjF6o7i9_tukR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636379907

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFl8FUZ9kmrikDhCFmzUxh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646550

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_MGugpa-DnhY_lZfdl4cz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646427

Happy memories of cruises past.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKo96RAnGQLbgPV5cGUtcTC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332646369

Interesting photos Sandi.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

Good Morning!!

I'm heading to the doctor's later this afternoon...  Gotta see why this Bronchitis isn't clearing and why I'm feeling so fatigued!  I did the Covid test, as it seems we do when we're sick, nowadays!  It was negative...  But, something's grabbed me and won't let go!!

Hugs and prayers for all those on the Care List.  Bruno, I'm so sorry for your loss!!  

I hope they can figure out why you're not feeling better yet and are so fatigued.  Good luck!

Also, I read that Steve and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser are headed out to a medical appointment for Steve today.  Safe travels and hopefully good news for Steve.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Happy Monday. Thans for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Taxes were completed yesterday. Took me about three hours because I insist on doing my own taxes. Because of my counseling practice, there are more steps involved. They are done, however. Expecting mostly sunny and a high of 75 today. My sister agreed that New Hampshire sounds good for our retirement. Thank you all for that suggestion. We both have several more years to go so we decided we will start downsizing and purging our possessions. We may take a trip up there to check it out. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Pin by Sunsire Foster on Weekdays | Good morning happy monday, Happy ...

• Like 30

9 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

Good Morning!!

Good luck at the doctor's today and hopefully you will get a prescription that helps you get better.

• Like 18

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! You have done an amazing job standing in for Rich while he is on another epic journey. Roy, thank you for our maps! It was 59 here, when Bindi & I headed out the door. Looks like another beauty. 

Vanessa thank you for keeping up with our happenings. I appreciate how dedicated you are - in spite of your pain. I am not sure I could do that. Praying for relief. I hope the last week flies by for you. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores - boy do I need to wash my car. I hope our last pollen streak has ended. 

IMG_2712.jpeg.b505b2b2b77457a0193b9c073b4e7d1d.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg.460114653d550a438ab6e604bb61831c.jpeg

At the risk of scaring off our new folk….

IMG_2704.jpeg.c752e10b2924a5ea0f35beddfe98b0bd.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. 

Terry, keeping you, Tana and the families at the top of my list. 

Boston Strong!💪🏻

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @kochleffel Paul, congratulations on the excellent feedback from your professor. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Montebuena Rioja 

Another lovely Rioja. I appreciate how the vintner is using technology to help measure the health of the vines, but still harvests by hand. Widely available with online prices starting at $12.99.

Distributor notes

Although the winemaking traditions around the ancient Rioja Alavesa village of Labastida go back to at least the 9th century, the cooperative which produces this wine seeks to meld traditional techniques with modern technology. A pioneering system of GPS-linked weather stations monitors vineyard health, and the 4-wheeler used as a vineyard transport is even equiped with sensors to measure the vigor of the leaves on the vines. When it comes time to harvest the Tempranillo grapes for the Montebuena Cuvee KPF, however, that work is all done by hand. Once fermentation is complete the wine ages in new French oak for 3-4 months prior to release. Rich red fruit flavors of cherry and raspberry combine with notes of leather and sandalwood, supported by a smooth vanilla finish. Great with paella & grilled vegetables.

Edited by cat shepard
Eek. I forgot my memes!
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Elevate your cocktail experience to metropolitan heights with the Metropolis cocktail - a refined libation that blends the vibrant citrus notes of Cointreau liqueur, the zesty freshness of lemon juice, the perfect sweetness of simple syrup, and the exotic twist of mandarin vodka. This sophisticated concoction creates a symphony of flavors that mirrors the bustling energy of a cityscape. Picture the inviting colors of this cocktail - a golden hue that mirrors the lively and citrusy nature of its ingredients. Join us as we unveil the secrets to crafting the Metropolis, a perfect choice for those who appreciate a visually refined and flavor-packed beverage that captures the essence of cosmopolitan sophistication.

Ingredients:

3/4 oz. cointreau liqueur
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1 dash simple syrup
1 oz. mandarin vodka

Directions:

In a shaker, combine Cointreau liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, and mandarin vodka.
Fill the shaker with ice cubes, and shake the ingredients vigorously to blend and chill the concoction.
Strain the mixture into a chilled coupe glass, express the oils from an orange twist over the drink and drop it into the glass for a citrusy aroma(optional).

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 6.12.47 AM.png

Dixie

I must say how colorful some of your recent descriptions are. Almost poetic. 

Ann

• Like 22

Good morning from a still dark central Texas.  The weather app says it's cloudy and will remain cloudy all day.  Then, it was supposed to be cloudy all day yesterday, and we had sun in the afternoon.  It is 70F with a predicted high of 77F and 10 to 15 mph winds predicted.

We'll celebrate McDonald's day since we stop there for a quick meal on occasion.  ASL is very important, and I wish I remembered the little I used to know.  On One Boston Day, sending positive thoughts for a safe marathon today.

I think the Richard Lewis quote is very cynical.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine might be good.

We have not been to Manzanillo.  Thank you, Sandy @StLouisCruisers for your pictures.

A sad day for the Titanic, but a good day for baseball.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sending positive thoughts for Linda's surgery today.

@LambKnuckles  I hope the doctor has some answers today for curing your bronchitis.

Thank you all for the good wishes for DH's appointment today.  I won't list everyone in case I forget someone.  The good wishes are appreciated.

Now, I better start getting ready to leave in an hour.

434277470_3522016544776394_7824991565682162778_n.jpg.7ab3aa9bb4a8c9c8375dd175a16ba71d.jpg

436311368_1463986477756123_7045814110774126227_n.jpg.e07e32af58134653584859686bfecad3.jpg

436787712_267771129742656_2981311788913663743_n.jpg.9113e0a144f0c8cfe0069d75073daa09.jpg

432987539_122144869778046855_7123576057341331648_n.jpg.3edaa803256461e00018c4135014f033.jpg

436769391_397091503192564_8977309115673431488_n.jpg.30f44578918bfc7df97865adfb5331fa.jpg

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12

Our Azamazing Evening was amazing. Beautiful venue, Henna painting on hands, palm reading and spectacular colorful costumed performance performing local culture and custom dancing.

Today on our second day in Cochin we went to a village to watch the locals make much used of the local coconut palms. Basket, brooms, thatched roofing, coconut liquor, milk and ropes. Saw the famous fishing nets and took a poled canoe ride. Did I mention it was hot!

We set sail on the Arabian Sea headed for Mumbai on Wednesday.

So fortunate and Blessed to experience such a adventure.

Cocktail and dinner time. Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.b59e35b756438c98f23b0d45190eb1ec.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d68dd0e0c9e82f1dfff3a361b7e00039.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5aea83ae80ac20fd7b3cecda0f8c8bbd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cff6fc5348e2d0ad56f834ec4d0d9d19.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.43222696dc51f7ce4d41191b07ba7886.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.33c52a94f43c36acbdf33b94bebc10f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8ecafdd544065f43dc56e41e33ce540b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.05d2e9594db4de0c69945bf6d3e773fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9f2e183f0a6c0c38db9361b9ba761954.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9254c0063c587ababb4e3e6478975a12.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0ed5cb5eeb521cf8d76931a7d8c367fc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f252bce2cafc19a8c9b21fcb0a43f4cd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.310a435165b562cbccd1ba2cec321697.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11