The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 15th, 2024

kazu

Good afternoon from a sunny, wet, windy, hailstones, sleet and sunny again Cork.🙄 We knew we were in trouble when the weatherman gave the forecast that "between the showers there will be rain!" 🙂

Today I went up to the attic to find the suitcases to start packing for our cruise at the weekend.  We also went to Blarney Woolen Mills to purchase my 'End of cruise shirt'  (clue: it is one size larger than fits me now! 😱).

Over the weekend we had a family meal to celebrate our son's 50th birthday.  We are constantly amazed at how he can be 50 when we are still so young. 😉

Thoughts are with all who have suffered a loss or are suffering pain.  Stay strong.

Take care everyone!

• Like 28
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Joy for your good wishes for Linda. Thanks also to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for her good wishes.   I'm sorry to hear Ron's wife is down with a aching back.  You're right, she needs to be healthy.  And I'm very happy for your good health, too, so you can take care of that sweet husband of yours!

Sending my best wishes Sandi for Linda today.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

What defines an end of cruise shirt?

One with sufficient room for comfortable expansion of the owners waistline.  It is for a 14 day cruise which starts with 3 sea days and ends with only 2 port days in the last 6 days.  Is that Pinnacle lunch and  afternoon tea I hear calling?  (again!) 😇

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

One with sufficient room for comfortable expansion of the owners waistline.  It is for a 14 day cruise which starts with 3 sea days and ends with only 2 port days in the last 6 days.  Is that Pinnacle lunch and  afternoon tea I hear calling?  (again!) 😇

Do you need an "end of cruise" pair of trousers too?😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I haven't been to a McDonald's in years, but like their coffee. And Ronald McDonald House is a big asset to families. I used to know some ASL in the past. I'll salute One Boston Day. Typical quote by a comedian. I'll pass on the meal and maybe on the drink. Yes to the wine. I haven't been to Manzanillo. Very sad day in 1912 and a big accomplishment in 1947.

Another lovely day here, now 73F and sunny. I'm inside however, as I can't do much outside other than sit. Another night of poor sleep. I'm doing some limited cleaning. BFF had brought over a large higher air mattress, so I have choices of it (in the DR, lol) or the recliner, if I feel tackling the steps is too much right after surgery. I need to coordinate when to do laundry, with the 3 days of Hibiclens showers before surgery.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers that Linda's surgery went well and she is not in too much pain. I had a different type of shoulder surgery many years ago, and it was a long slog with PT, but great results. Lovely Manzanillo photos.  

@LambKnuckles I hope you get some answers from your doctor, so you can start feeling better.

@aliaschief Such a unique experience you're having.

@0106 I saw a wonderful story on the news about Spencer, the Boston marathon dog.

@kochleffel We need to put you in bubble wrap! I hope the ankle isn't too painful.

@Seasick Sailor I hope Ron's wife is feeling better soon. 

@AncientWanderer It sounds like you'll need the relaxation of the crossing after your hectic Japan schedule. 

@Cruzin Terri I'm sure the dementia practitioner will have a lot of helpful information and resources. 

@rafinmd You've got a busy schedule today. I hope the heart monitor results show nothing of concern.

@smitty34877 Prayers for you, Tana, the teenager and all of the family.

@RMLincoln Prayers for DSIL and all the family at this transition time. 

@quilty964 Hang in there with the starter; it took about 2 weeks for mine to become strong and rise well. A little rye flour added to all purpose flour, as part of the feeding, often helps (the rye flour has more nutrients for the organisms). 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon everyone.  I just received the sad news that my colleague and friend Lauren has passed away from her battle with cancer.  Thank-you for your thoughts and prayers over the past month, you’re all so kind.  She can be removed from the prayer list as she’s in a much better place now.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 22

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I hope the ankle isn't too painful.

Thank you. It's not so very painful, but there was a lot of swelling. I've never had so much swelling from a sprained ankle before, but I've never been 72 before, either.

I once asked in the ER if there was a frequent-patient rewards program. They said that it wasn't supposed to work that way.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 13
  • Haha 7

@Mr. Boston So sorry to hear about your friend's passing.  

@JazzyV Vanessa I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I don't think an air mattress will help you. It is very hard to maneuver after back surgery so the chair is probably the best thing to sleep or if you can get a hospital bed in your downstairs that may work too. I did need a higher toilet -we ended up putting one in but if you don't have one they do make a seat with handles. I think if your doctor writes an RX Medicare will pay for these things.

Sandy glad to hear your sister is out of surgery.  Some suggestions for her since the sling is horrible (I broke my shoulder during Covid - so I know). She should make sure she gets a smooth cotton cloth to put between her body and the sling where it rubs - it gets very uncomfortable. I also used corn starch powder before putting on the sling/cotton kerchiefs  to protect my shoulder/neck from the rubbing.  I know she will be given pain meds but the thing that really helps is the ice - I know some people actually get an ice thing where they can put their arm/shoulder to help with the pain/healing.  I wish her good luck with the healing since that is the hard part of this.  Like @Nickelpenny if you do the PT you do get back all your motion w/o pain but boy does the PT hurt!!

@kochleffel  I hope you don't have any more falls. I forgot to say congratulations on your instructor's comments. I am sure they are well deserved.

I love seeing all of the spring flowers.  

Thank you to all who post here.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

She should make sure she gets a smooth cotton cloth to put between her body and the sling where it rubs - it gets very uncomfortable. I also used corn starch powder before putting on the sling/cotton kerchiefs  to protect my shoulder/neck from the rubbing.  I know she will be given pain meds but the thing that really helps is the ice - I know some people actually get an ice thing where they can put their arm/shoulder to help with the pain/healing. 

I had to wear a sling for a month after breaking my arm (surgical repair, so no cast), even in bed, but I always had clothing under it, since it was December.

My first cruise was four months later, and I dislocated the other shoulder shortly before it. The ortho doc said that I could go, provided that I used rolling luggage and checked it, kept my cabin bag light enough to lift with one hand, and followed instructions from a physical therapist. It led to some odd packing, such as an ice bag (made all the difference) and a carpenter's folding ruler. The latter was for mobility exercises; any stick that was long enough would have done, but would have been too long to fit in the bag I was taking.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good afternoon everyone.  I just received the sad news that my colleague and friend Lauren has passed away from her battle with cancer.  Thank-you for your thoughts and prayers over the past month, you’re all so kind.  She can be removed from the prayer list as she’s in a much better place now.  

I'm sorry to hear your sad news.

My condolences to you and Lauren's family.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Condolences on the passing of your colleague and friend Lauren to you, and her family and friends.

47 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

@JazzyV Vanessa I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I don't think an air mattress will help you. It is very hard to maneuver after back surgery so the chair is probably the best thing to sleep or if you can get a hospital bed in your downstairs that may work too. I did need a higher toilet -we ended up putting one in but if you don't have one they do make a seat with handles. I think if your doctor writes an RX Medicare will pay for these things.

I love seeing all of the spring flowers.  

Thank you to all who post here.

Thanks for the input. I don't really think the air mattress will help, but BFF wanted to be doing something (just his presence is really enough). I'm going to try the recliner first; right now it just exacerbates the leg discomfort, as does lying in bed. I'm practicing going up the stairs using a cane, rather than on all fours as I've been doing. In my downstairs bathroom I had a higher toilet put in earlier this year. For upstairs I ordered a riser with handles.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Twin Linda says her arm feels like it weighs a ton since the surgery due to the block they used for anesthesia.  It will probably feel that way for up to 12 hours.  She tells me she's in a study and has to chart the medicine and level of pain for 3 days. Linda also told me they gave her a medication in her IV that would thicken her blood so she would have less bruising and hopefully less pain.  She has extra thin blood so she bruises easily.  She plans on staying ahead of the pain by taking some pain meds before the block wears off.

Thank you Pennie @Nickelpenny, Debbie @dfish, Brenda @bennybear, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Graham @grapau27, Vanessa @JazzyV, and Debbie @tupper10 for your kind wishes for her.  Pennie @Nickelpenny, interesting about the 4 pins in your surgery and so good to know how well it worked out for you.  I'll be sure to discuss the sling remedies and ice importance with her.  But can you believe it, her surgeon hopes this helps for a good while but she said Linda will eventually need a shoulder replacement surgery.  I'm so glad I've made it this far without so many surgical issues.  Has anyone here had a shoulder replacement done?

Karen @quilty964 thanks for the compliment on DD's Cinco de Mayo tree!

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

@JazzyV, you can take our names off the care list.  We have settled with the insurance people for the cart.  I"m going to a chiropractor for several visits and then the insurance company will give us their offer for pain and suffering.

Good news about the settlement Dixie.  I hope the chiropractor makes a difference for you and the insurance company is generous with their pain and suffering offer!

49 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

My sympathy on the loss of your dear friend.  You obviously held her in high regard.  

Paul @kochleffel you have had your problems lately!  Hope the sprained ankle heals fast for you.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

I love Big Macs.  Cant help it.  Either it reminds me of a HoJo from the 60's, or it's the secret sauce....but I know that they are a no no.  Several years ago McD's offered a small, regular and Large Big Mac.  It was at the same time that my dietician hooked me up to a meter (thin needle in tummy area, that monitored my sugars all the time.)

But I had to make a list of every thing I ate. Every meal;, snack or nibble 24/7 for a whole week.  One busy day I stopped at McD's, and got a small big mac...now remember I wasn't knowing the results of what I ate, that would come at the end of the week, when they took the needle out, and  told me the results.

What did I eat on for lunch on Wednesday? she asked. I looked through my notes and told her.  A small big Mac.  She left the room, and came back with 3 other people's diabetes results.  All four of us had healthy readings after eating the small Big Mac.  And then McD's discontinued them from the menu.  They were not making enough money off them.  Seems to me that if our results had been tested and sent in, there may have been a baby big mac.  Baby Mac.

And after talking with a woman who's husband lost his ear through the same type of cancer that DH has, and they have spent months at a time at the Hope House (run by Emory) I think donating to the Ronald House or the Hope House is an excellent idea.  They drive up from south Georgia, 4-5 hours to get the best medical help they can get.  I cannot complain about our 1 hour drive through suburbs again.

@Mr. BostonI was very sad to read about your friends death.  My condolences to you, her friend, and her friends and family.

@kochleffelyou will have to borrow the full body bubble wrap that Jacqui needed last year, and some of this year.  Sorry about the sprained ankle.  Did it happen while you were finding serenity in the woods?

@LambKnucklesI hope all went well with the doc today.  I'm wondering if you don't have or did have RSV, and I'm not even sure there is a test for that.  But after reading all I see in the googly news, that is apparently what I had on our last cruise, but because I have COPD it became more serious, and so I was suffering from that, bronchitis and COPD all at once, and I could not breathe.  I am hoping they find you a cure!

@StLouisCruiserstell your sister to rest while she can, because as @Nickelpennypointed out, the PT is a (bad word).

I tore both rotator cuffs in a fall at work.  My boss told me that the surgery did not help her.  I went to see a surgeon and got  MRSA in his office. I ended up having surgery on my leg that had the MRSA.  I did the physical therapy instead of surgery.  My arms were better, until I fell and broke my elbow in 2020.  After another round of physical therapy, my left arm is at 90%.  The elbow has 4 screws in it.  My right shoulder has enough movement for me to exist in a pretty normal life.  Well my normal life, I tote the 30 pounds of bird seed, and I pick up cats to snuggle with, I cant run a farm.  Just a cat house...LOL.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

My condolences on the loss of your friend.  I hope the good memories of times with her help make this transition easier for you.

@kochleffel I agree that you need bubble wrap!   You're taking after Jacqui @kazu!

@StLouisCruisers My mom had a shoulder replacement.  She had been in a lot of pain for a long time before doing it, but sailed on through.  She wanted to be able to hold her newest great grandbabies without pain.  

@JazzyV The days are counting down to your surgery.  We all hope you get maximum relief.  It sounds like you are well prepared.  BFF's air mattress sounds like my friend who brought me chicken mcnuggets after I had impacted wisdom teeth extracted.  I did eat one to make him feel like he had helped.

@summer slope I'm glad you reached a settlement for the golf cart and hope the settlement for pain and suffering is a good one.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a still cloudy and windy central Texas.  It's been a busy day with a lot more stops than UTSW.  We always leave a fudge factor in our travel time to UTSW since the Dallas traffic is notorious.  This morning the traffic was light and it looked like it we were going to be about an hour early; then we hit a back-up way before we reached the normal back up.  It seemed to take a long time, be we actually only lost nine minutes according to the GPS. 

We were about 35 minutes early, but were seen shortly after we arrived.  We were heading out before the actual time of the appointment.  DH's appointment went well, and all that was needed was an adjustment to the shunt valve to allow a little more fluid to drain.  She wants to see him in a month and to have a CT scan before hand.  That is the best way to determine whether or not the shunt is draining properly.

Thank you to all who wish DH good luck with the visit today.  Again, I'm not naming individuals as I don't want to leave someone out.  We appreciate all the good wishes.

After we left UTSW, we headed to Ft. Worth to Total Wine, but with a stop at Costco first.  We wandered around a while, and DH got a new desktop computer to replace the one that died last year.  The new one is a lot small and weighs almost nothing.  He is in the process of setting it up. It was a disappointing visit to Total Wine, where we bought a lot less than planned.  They no longer offer a 10% discount when you buy six bottles or more on my Riesling, and they didn't have the selection of wines that DH was looking for.

We also stopped in Cleburne to check out Aldi.  DH had never been there, and it had been years since I was in Aldi in Waco.  I think we will stick with our local grocery store.  

8 hours ago, kochleffel said:

One of my friends is an ASL interpreter who has the unusual specialty of interpreting song lyrics, including lyrics in Hebrew, adhering to the rhythm of the music.

You could also make the salad with Swiss chard, because chard is the same species, selected to grow solely for the foliage. I'd try the drink, once. There is still no Tempranillo in the Finger Lakes, so I'll recommend Lakewood's Cabernet Franc.

Medical update: I've mostly recovered from the fall a bit over two weeks ago, and the bruises are turning really interesting colors, but I sprained my ankle last week.

The rain here has stopped but it's very wet, so my Beauty of Nature today will be from a rail trail that is paved.

catcanthelpyou.jpg.80b2526ff9ccb30dc6f4f2e976c6287e.jpg

Paul, I'm glad you are almost recovered from your fall, but oh no on the sprained ankle.  The bubble wrap sounds like a good idea.

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites!!

Prayers lifted this morning for a large number of family, friends, Dailyites and their families. My girlfriend tried to pick up a case of water Saturday and has been down with back pain. And it's our friend Ron's wife, the guy who has been struggling with issues and needs her to help him. I'm thankful every day for my health so I can be a good caregiver for my sweet DH.

Sandi best wishes for Linda on her surgery today.

One of my friends is a ASL interpreter. She's always talking in SL especially when she's excited and her hands go flying. 

Today's quote stinks. We haven't been to a McDonald's since we moved to Texas. Graham takes care of our share.

This weekend I planted pots of ferns for the front entry and I had a pot left over and of course had to fill it with a pepper plant. I think a dahlia is croaking, so may be back to the nursery to try to find holy basil to replace it.

Wishing you all a blessed week. Stay healthy. Be kind.

Almost forgot! Welcome to our Daily @LambKnuckles I hope your appointment goes well and you are feeling better soon.

Love and hugs to Bruno.

Joy, I'm sorry Ron's wife hurt her back.  I hope she feels better soon.

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all Dailyites this beautiful Monday morning.

I remember the victims of the Boston Marathon in 2013 and what a horrific event that was.

I will not celebrate McDonalds.  I feel their food is mostly unhealthy and it would be a cold day in hell before I step inside one of their stores.  Three cheers for ASL and a wonderful method of communicating with those who are hearing impaired.

I have not been to Manzanillo, Mexico.

I will take a pass on the meal and drink, but will think about the wine.

i will start to get my clothes ready to pack today, laying them out on the bed in the spare bedroom.  I am going to pack lightly and make use of laundry service at the various hotels where we will be staying.  

This afternoon I will be meeting with a Certified Dementia Practitioner.  She runs a support group that I attend monthly.  However, I have yet to meet her.  This is a one-on-one session to get some understanding of Jim’s diagnosis.  Also about legal issues and other pertinent issues on which I need some guidance.

Sounds like a good place to start.

Hope everyone has a great day.

@StLouisCruisers prayers for your twin sister as she has her surgery for rotator cuff tear.  Hope it goes well.

Prayers for everyone on the cares list.

Cheers for all that are celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I hope the dementia practioner was able to help you and give you some good ideas of what to expect and how to deal with what is ahead for you and Jim.

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Terri @Cruzin Terri and Nancy @ottahand7 thank you both for your wishes for Linda's surgery.  I heard about 20 minutes ago she was out of surgery and in recovery already.  Her DH messaged that the doctor said there was a lot of arthritis involved and he had to anchor her bicep.  I've never heard of that before.  My DSIL told DD when he had rotator cuff surgery the recovery was very painful.  Linda is a Mom of 4 and had many surgeries over her lifetime so maybe she can tolerate pain better.  I hope so.

Terri @Cruzin Terri I hope the meeting today with the Certified Dementia Practitioner goes well for you.  Seems like a very good idea to me.

Roy @rafinmd I hope the results from your heart monitor are positive and encouraging.  I hate to hear this type of news about the NY police officers.  Our first responders are so important!

Sandi, I'm glad Linda did well with the surgery.  Shoulder surgery is probably the most painful surgery with the most difficult recovery.  She is smart to stay ahead of the pain.  

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

@JazzyV, you can take our names off the care list.  We have settled with the insurance people for the cart.  I"m going to a chiropractor for several visits and then the insurance company will give us their offer for pain and suffering.

Dixie, I'm glad you have settled with the insurance company about the golf cart.  I hope the chiropractor visits help, and the insurance company is reasonable about pain and sufferings.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!
Very cynical and shallow quote, would try the drink, but pass on the red wine.  Also would try the meal (as a side dish) but add the beets. We have been to Manzanillo once, and I agree with others that McDonald's isn't good for anyone, especially those with heart problems, Diabetes, or on low sodium diets for kidney issues.

It has been kind of a stressful morning.  We've booked a get-away with the DGSs for their birthdays next month, going to a well-known indoor water park.  Today we tried adding on a cabana for the day and the person (who obviously doesn't live here) could not understand what we wanted.  Every confirmation email he sent was incorrect.  We finally gave up and will settle it when we get there -- at least we have some sort of confirmation we have the cabana.  It would have been easily done if only we could have booked it online, but that isn't possible. 

Also our electric bill is all messed up.  We're on the budget plan, paying the same amount every month.  We paid ahead for the 3 months we were gone, and they've put it in as a credit....and now our new budget payment is $5.....Again, the person didn't "get it".  Our neighbor's bill was also messed up, so I think they're having a billing problem and don't know it.

Looking forward to getting some gardening therapy this afternoon after the rain stops!  Yesterday I got some of the bulbs planted, now I need to get the rest done.  

Annie @marshhawk you were asking what I'd do with all that NZ sheep's wool that our wine bottles were wrapped in -- my neighbor is an excellent seamstress and is excited to have them.  She already has ideas about what to use it for. 🙂  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Prayers for a full and easy recovery for your twin Linda.  

Carolyn, I hope you get everything straightened out for the DGSs birthday getaway.  I also hope the electric bill is straightened out soon.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I haven't been to a McDonald's in years, but like their coffee. And Ronald McDonald House is a big asset to families. I used to know some ASL in the past. I'll salute One Boston Day. Typical quote by a comedian. I'll pass on the meal and maybe on the drink. Yes to the wine. I haven't been to Manzanillo. Very sad day in 1912 and a big accomplishment in 1947.

Another lovely day here, now 73F and sunny. I'm inside however, as I can't do much outside other than sit. Another night of poor sleep. I'm doing some limited cleaning. BFF had brought over a large higher air mattress, so I have choices of it (in the DR, lol) or the recliner, if I feel tackling the steps is too much right after surgery. I need to coordinate when to do laundry, with the 3 days of Hibiclens showers before surgery.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers that Linda's surgery went well and she is not in too much pain. I had a different type of shoulder surgery many years ago, and it was a long slog with PT, but great results. Lovely Manzanillo photos.  

@LambKnuckles I hope you get some answers from your doctor, so you can start feeling better.

@aliaschief Such a unique experience you're having.

@0106 I saw a wonderful story on the news about Spencer, the Boston marathon dog.

@kochleffel We need to put you in bubble wrap! I hope the ankle isn't too painful.

@Seasick Sailor I hope Ron's wife is feeling better soon. 

@AncientWanderer It sounds like you'll need the relaxation of the crossing after your hectic Japan schedule. 

@Cruzin Terri I'm sure the dementia practitioner will have a lot of helpful information and resources. 

@rafinmd You've got a busy schedule today. I hope the heart monitor results show nothing of concern.

@smitty34877 Prayers for you, Tana, the teenager and all of the family.

@RMLincoln Prayers for DSIL and all the family at this transition time. 

@quilty964 Hang in there with the starter; it took about 2 weeks for mine to become strong and rise well. A little rye flour added to all purpose flour, as part of the feeding, often helps (the rye flour has more nutrients for the organisms). 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

Vanessa, it sounds like you are pretty much prepared for your upcoming surgery.  Maybe BFF could use the air mattress if he stays overnight when you first get home.

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Our condolences on the passing of your colleague and friend Lauren.  Also, our condolences to her family and friends.

The Ronald McDonald Houses provide a great service to families of sick children.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@JazzyVThanks for the tip about the rye flour.  I have read that it helps, but DH might think I'm "crazy" if I buy anything else!!  It does seem to be rising today...it's in the microwave with the light on!  We'll see what happens! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Sorry about the sprained ankle.  Did it happen while you were finding serenity in the woods?

Probably.

Today I did not find much serenity on the Lackawanna Rail Trail. It has nice river views on one side, but there's an interstate highway on the other. This is from a railroad bridge that the trail uses.

P4150706.thumb.JPG.4f581a3782d799fcac2dd0d81ef4ffbf.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

EEEKKKKK!!! It is snowing. Cold and windy today but this should pass quickly and tomorrow it will slowly start warming up. What we are getting now should not stick. Guess it is a welcome home gift for me.

This morning was spent running errands. The first item on the agenda was the car registration and that took all of about 3 minutes. I was amazed. No one at the DMV and I was not even that early. Then picked up dog food and came home to give the dogs a good walk. Now am back to slowly sorting. Still unpacking... just don't have much interest in doing it although there are a few gifts that I had better bring to the surface. And laundry.... no thanks.

The road work and subsequent increased traffic in front of the condo seems to have settled down a bit. There is work on several streets around us and it looks like people have now have their preferred detours. As long as I avoid morning and evening rush I am ok.... and rush hour here is really about 20 minutes each time.

Off to get back to sorting and getting bags ready for the thrift store.

Susan

• Like 18

28 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I hope you get everything straightened out for the DGSs birthday getaway.  I also hope the electric bill is straightened out soon.

Thank you Lenda, I hope so too.

Today has been busy, but I feel like I'm finally getting caught up on everything that needs doing.  It did hurt to send out the payments on both our county taxes and IRS all the same day though. 😲

And I got some alarming news from my BFF.  Her DIL is in the hospital -- extremely high blood pressure and now brain swelling (!!)  I'm so worried about her, and of course her family are all in shock.  She's only in her early 40's and always seemed to be in good health.  She has had some stress lately, I do wonder if that's the reason. 😞  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I was happy to read about the shunt valve adjustment. I hope your DH feels the difference soon.

@kochleffel, Paul, sorry about your ankle.

i hope the others who had treatments and appointments are doing well.

@Mr. Boston,condolences on the passing of your friend and colleague Lauren. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2