NORO ON RADIANCE?

8 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

So as far as royal are concerned theres hardly ever a outbreak. Except post cruise social media posts

It's amazing people manage to get back home alive based on some post cruise social media posts.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Chief - generally how soon would you expect the CDC pre-arrival form to be available on-line for viewing?  Will have no effect on our cruise plans, but curious as to the extent reported.

Never.  If the number of cases changes from the initial report before arrival in US, if the numbers are below the threshold limits, those reports are not published either.  The only reports that become public knowledge are the update reports at the 2% and 3% thresholds.  These most commonly lag about a week behind.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Never.  If the number of cases changes from the initial report before arrival in US, if the numbers are below the threshold limits, those reports are not published either.  The only reports that become public knowledge are the update reports at the 2% and 3% thresholds.  These most commonly lag about a week behind.

Thanks for the straight answer.

Got to love government transparency.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What ever the count is reported, you have to know that there are many more cases onboard that are not reported. Some people just don't let the cruise line know because they don't want to be quarantined to their cabins.

Just ask anyone who has had Noro.  The reports are they don't feel like being away from their bed and bathroom for at least 24 hours.  So, they are quarantined by necessity. Most everyone has had Noro at least once in their life, more likely as a kid as it's extremely common in schools, but when I was growing up, it was just called a 24 hour stomach bug.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What ever the count is reported, you have to know that there are many more cases onboard that are not reported. Some people just don't let the cruise line know because they don't want to be quarantined to their cabins.

If you have Noro (or the stomach bug as I call it) a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to leave my cabin.   I had many unpleasant trips to the bathroom at home and was exhausted the next day.   

Edited by Sunshine3601

6 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Thanks for the straight answer.

Got to love government transparency.

Well, I mean do you want to see a website that says 25 ships entered the US this week, and 23 reported no cases of GI illness, and one had 1 case, and one had 30 cases, or just show the one ship that had 30 cases.  The USPH's mandate is to prevent the introduction of infectious disease into the US, not reporting, or even protecting, the health of passengers on cruise ships.  We all know that noro is already in the US, and one or two cases out of a couple thousand people entering the US isn't much call for alarm, but if a hundred out of those couple thousand are ill, then you have a possible "super spreader" scenario where those people can go home and spread this far and wide.  They set a threshold limit for where they feel that remediation measures need to be increased to prevent that large number of people getting ill and re-entering the US, and those limits are where the reporting is.  As long as a ship is following the VSP program, they are free from health inspection every cruise, which is what happens to cargo ships, etc, that don't have the VSP to follow.  Imagine the headaches if USPH came aboard every week to inspect the ship and conduct health interviews with a hundred passengers before allowing passengers to disembark.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BND said:

Just ask anyone who has had Noro.  The reports are they don't feel like being away from their bed and bathroom for at least 24 hours.  So, they are quarantined by necessity. Most everyone has had Noro at least once in their life, more likely as a kid as it's extremely common in schools, but when I was growing up, it was just called a 24 hour stomach bug.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Remember, cruise ships make up only 1% of all noro outbreaks.

It is a daily occurrence at the hospital

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 4:30 AM, Beachin2 said:

Reading on social media that there has been an outbreak of Noro on the Radiance in sufficient numbers for the Captain to make a public announcement.  Anyone here currently on board confirm?

Minor outbreak, happens. This is a longer Sailing with 10 Sea Days which makes spread more possible. Look at it this way the Ship is now 100% cleaner then a Regular Sailing. Been onboard for 3weeks now, no issue and no worries. Oh and actual announcement was last week

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

11 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

No doubt about it!

IF you have Noro you will want to be confined to your cabin voluntarily. 

11 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Depends on the extent of the outbreak.  Can't sanitize everything in a few hours and the B2B passengers generally resist being run through a sanitizing fog.😁

B2B passengers will be delayed reboarding if numbers are high enough for thorough cleansing.

13 hours ago, BND said:

My Daughter was on long Repo Cruise with me 2yrs ago, she came down with a Cold with similar Covid like Symptoms. They had her stay in Cabin for couple nites, CV neg tests each day and gave her pretty good credit for her time was like 30 something hrs but money back was for 4days. We pretty much knew she didnt have it, we all had CV 3months before that(catching it on Cruise), this was just mild Cold 99 Fever. Along with free room service off Menu worked out ok... Then Noro, had it once really bad 10yrs ago catching it from my 1yr old Grand Daughter, was down for 5days. was living in long term hotel for a yr and just laid on cool bathroom floor. One those things couldn't drive myself, should have had Ambulance take me in to ER but was so miserable no way could stand the ride... Well 7 more hrs this Cruise ends, should probably got to bed

16 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Well, I mean do you want to see a website that says 25 ships entered the US this week, and 23 reported no cases of GI illness, and one had 1 case, and one had 30 cases, or just show the one ship that had 30 cases.  The USPH's mandate is to prevent the introduction of infectious disease into the US, not reporting, or even protecting, the health of passengers on cruise ships.  We all know that noro is already in the US, and one or two cases out of a couple thousand people entering the US isn't much call for alarm, but if a hundred out of those couple thousand are ill, then you have a possible "super spreader" scenario where those people can go home and spread this far and wide.  They set a threshold limit for where they feel that remediation measures need to be increased to prevent that large number of people getting ill and re-entering the US, and those limits are where the reporting is.  As long as a ship is following the VSP program, they are free from health inspection every cruise, which is what happens to cargo ships, etc, that don't have the VSP to follow.  Imagine the headaches if USPH came aboard every week to inspect the ship and conduct health interviews with a hundred passengers before allowing passengers to disembark.

Completely follow your logic chief, but databases are established to be searchable, sortable and "public" should mean public.  Should be as accessible as the CDC inspection reports. That said, I lost a great deal of faith in the accuracy of the reporting system while aboard ship (long TP) during the big shutdown.

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Noro, had it once really bad 10yrs ago catching it from my 1yr old Grand Daughter, was down for 5days. was living in long term hotel for a yr and just laid on cool bathroom floor. 

Had it 2 times, both on land. One was from our son’s day care.  The other was from sick relatives who should have stayed home at Christmas who were still contagious.  We were the same as you for 2 days. We lived in the bathroom for 24 hours. We didn’t feel like leaving the home for days. 

Anyone who has had it knows that one wouldn’t be out and about while actively sick. Guests who depart their room before passing the contagious period is another story. Not a fun experience at all.