Jade Itinerary Changed

On Jade 06-15 received the email of itinerary changes!

They dropped Key West and added Cozumel. Switched from Ocho Rios to Falmouth Jamaica.

New excursions won’t hit web for 2 weeks!!

What the heck is in Falmouth? Should I just stay on the ship?

Been to Cozumel many times! 
 Oh well just go with the flow all though my roll call on that other site people are losing their dam minds, plenty of “I won’t ever sail NCL again” I have insurance I’m canceling, told a few unless you have cancel for any reason insurance will not cover

earlier this year a carnival ship crashed into the ocho rios pier. From what i read before, the port is still making repairs, the pier may not be ready for ships for your sailing. Due to this, some ships is changing the port to Falmouth or somewhere else 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, njkate said:

On Jade 06-15 received the email of itinerary changes!

They dropped Key West and added Cozumel. Switched from Ocho Rios to Falmouth Jamaica.

New excursions won’t hit web for 2 weeks!!

What the heck is in Falmouth? Should I just stay on the ship?

Been to Cozumel many times! 
 Oh well just go with the flow all though my roll call on that other site people are losing their dam minds, plenty of “I won’t ever sail NCL again” I have insurance I’m canceling, told a few unless you have cancel for any reason insurance will not cover

They need to read the contract (aka small print). All cruise lines do change itineraries, not just NCL. We have had ours changed a few times. 🤷‍♀️

Falmouth has a gated compound area with shops and eateries for cruise ship pax. 

• Like 1

They changed my 8/10 sailing, too, and I imagine others. Not really disappointed about the Jamaica port switch but pretty dang ticked off about Cozumel over Key West. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

They need to read the contract (aka small print). All cruise lines do change itineraries, not just NCL. We have had ours changed a few times. 🤷‍♀️

Falmouth has a gated compound area with shops and eateries for cruise ship pax. 

Is that all there is? Hoping NCL will load some excursions

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Looks like Key West is now limiting # of ships/passengers. 

Yes, I have read that seems to be Key West is responsible for NCl dropping port!

Truth though people are losing their minds and clutching their pearls on my roll call over this!

I don’t usually cruise Caribbean anymore, been there done that, but my daughter wanted to take the grandkids on a cruise and none of them have a dam passport 

Edited by njkate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's been a few years but we stopped in Falmouth on our NCL cruise, one of those gated cruise ports with shopping, drinking and relaxing. I don't remember a swimming pool area but i do remember a Margaritaville.

It was ok but we had booked thru NCL  a Dunn's River Falls and The Bob Sled adventures excursion, both really good and amazing scenery!

So we spent very little time in Falmouth other than the walk to the buses from the ship

It will be the same excursions as from Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. Just takes longer to get there.

RCI built the Falmouth port when they started sailing the Oasis class because it couldn't fit in either of the 2 existing ports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmomny said:

It's been a few years but we stopped in Falmouth on our NCL cruise, one of those gated cruise ports with shopping, drinking and relaxing. I don't remember a swimming pool area but i do remember a Margaritaville.

It was ok but we had booked thru NCL  a Dunn's River Falls and The Bob Sled adventures excursion, both really good and amazing scenery!

So we spent very little time in Falmouth other than the walk to the buses from the ship

We went for spring break in 2018.  We stayed right there at the port.  Went to margaritaville.  spent time in the pool.  then were back on the ship around noon. very nice little area, clean, quiet.  but i think margaritaville is closed at that location.

9 hours ago, SACruise72 said:

They changed my 8/10 sailing, too, and I imagine others. Not really disappointed about the Jamaica port switch but pretty dang ticked off about Cozumel over Key West. 

Same for our 7/13 trip. I was most looking forward to Key West. But still looking forward to being on a cruise.

12 hours ago, SACruise72 said:

I'm on this sailing and pretty dang ticked off also. This is the second cruise I lost Key West☹️