Formal Night Restaurants

Solitarycruiser

18 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Anywhere you like.  Tuxes are never required.  If you have a suit and tie, you're good.  Even a sport coat and tie will pass muster.

I think after May, you will not even need a tie- hooray!!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here is the dress code after May 26.  I think its a little different for the Nova.  I think La Dame always requires a jacket.

Evening wear falls into two categories:

• Elegant Casual: On casual evenings, ladies may opt for trousers, a blouse, a skirt, or a casual dress, while gentlemen may wear an open-collar shirt and slacks. A jacket is optional.
  • Formal Optional: May choose a more formal attire, such as an evening gown or cocktail dress for ladies and a tuxedo, dinner jacket, or dark suit with a tie for gentlemen. Alternatively, adhering to Elegant Casual dress code is welcomed, but a jacket is still required for gentlemen in all indoor spaces.
Edited by RetiredandTravel

28 minutes ago, Solitarycruiser said:

Where can I eat on Formal Night without a Tux?

You may eat in all the restaurants on board. A tux is not required in any of them.

Just now, RetiredandTravel said:

Here is the dress code after May 26.  I think its a little different for the Nova.

• Elegant Casual: On casual evenings, ladies may opt for trousers, a blouse, a skirt, or a casual dress, while gentlemen may wear an open-collar shirt and slacks. A jacket is optional.
  • Formal Optional: May choose a more formal attire, such as an evening gown or cocktail dress for ladies and a tuxedo, dinner jacket, or dark suit with a tie for gentlemen. Alternatively, adhering to Elegant Casual dress code is welcomed, but a jacket is still required for gentlemen in all indoor spaces.

But if eating in any outdoor venue, even jackets are not required.

Also, I believe outside of the restaurants (theater, bars etc) they don't enforce jackets even on formal nights.

14 hours ago, ak1004 said:

But if eating in any outdoor venue, even jackets are not required.

Also, I believe outside of the restaurants (theater, bars etc) they don't enforce jackets even on formal nights.

This is a little vague.  Elegant casual doesn't require a jacket.   I'll probably wear a jacket and tie on formal night so not a big deal for me.

"Alternatively, adhering to Elegant Casual dress code is welcomed, but a jacket is still required for gentlemen in all indoor spaces."

Ocean Cruise - Looks like a jacket is required at La Dame

Regardless of the daily dress code:

• After 6 pm, indoor spaces prohibit jeans, shorts, sneakers, or flip-flop-type footwear.
  • Casual wear is always suitable in outdoor venues.
  • Gentlemen dining at La Dame restaurants are required to wear a jacket.

21 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Here is the dress code after May 26.  I think its a little different for the Nova.  I think La Dame always requires a jacket.

Actually that dress code is already in place on all the 'ocean going' fleet except Shadow, since April 21st (aligning with Nova). 

Shadow (for some reason) doesn't adopt this until the May 26th date you mention. 

30 minutes ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

Actually that dress code is already in place on all the 'ocean going' fleet except Shadow, since April 21st (aligning with Nova). 

Shadow (for some reason) doesn't adopt this until the May 26th date you mention. 

Shadow is on the World Cruise until then.  The passengers already packed and planned with the old dress code in mind.

• Thanks 1