Any one doing any Winter Cruises?

Now that the wave session is over and we only have the Pacific Explorer, Pacific Adventure, Pacific Encounter and Carnival Splendor in Australia / New Zealand.

Any one got any winter cruises book? or are you waiting for next summer? 🙂

I've got an Explorer cruise on Sunday, but that's not winter.

I find that winter in the islands or Cairns tend to be a bit tepid and just doesn't have that tropical feel. I'm saving my pennies for summer cruises.

We are doing 3 nights on the Pacific Encounter in early July and then 10 nights to PNG in August. 
Brisbane is convenient for us to sail from at the moment as we can drive there on embarkation day.

• Like 2

I'm doing Singapore to Sydney on Carnival Splendor in August, starting with a week in Penang and a few days in Singapore before I get on board. But first I have to get through June and July. I hate winter.

• Like 3

We are spending 7 days on Explorer to PNG from Cairns late May early June, flying to and fro with Bonza!.

Have already bought replacement flights and should get the Bonza money back from  Mastercard. 
Was last in Rabaul more than 50 years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

We are spending 7 days on Explorer to PNG from Cairns late May early June, flying to and fro with Bonza!.

Have already bought replacement flights and should get the Bonza money back from  Mastercard. 
Was last in Rabaul more than 50 years ago.

Hope it all works out getting your money back from Bonza flights.

I've had a look for this cruise but not coming up on P & O website.  Are you aware if it's fully booked?

We're on the Crown Princess 26th Oct around Australia.

Really looking forward to it, did the same cruise back in 2012, and really loved it, perfect weather all the way round.

This time we're doing at clock wise, hopefully the bight is still the same as we will run through it about three weeks earlier than last time.

• Like 1

We have 2 summer cruises and 1 winter cruise booked. We'll be on Pacific Adventure to Moreton Island in August 2025. Should be great. Can't wait to get back into Luke's Restaurant again. Incredible food there. Yum. 🍽️🥂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kaylacool said:

Hope it all works out getting your money back from Bonza flights.

I've had a look for this cruise but not coming up on P & O website.  Are you aware if it's fully booked?

Yes, it’s been sold out for some time.
Australian cruises are now very popular, we booked this as we had some Fcc from last February and are following with a couple of days in Daintree.

The Bonza flights are a bit of a shame as flying from Maroochydore is quite pleasant. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Hopefully your card can claim back the money. Good luck.

I have to wait for a liquidation notice before forwarding the claim to ME bank.

We do also have Qantas travel insurance for this trip. It could all take some time but thats fine.

Is anybody else getting a norwegian popup covering 1/3 of the screen?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

…Is anybody else getting a norwegian popup covering 1/3 of the screen?

Yes! And it’s driving me barmy!

I managed to start a separate thread about it. Hopefully someone can help. 🙏🏽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

Yes and it is very annoying. I sent a message to CC help to ask them to remove it. I also suggested they tell NCL if I had any interest in sailing with them this would put me off them completely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

Not for me. What browser are you using?  

Discussion about the NCL pop-up ad are being consolidated to a thread on the Help forum. 

I have also emailed both NCL and Cruise Critic about this issue and would encourage others to do the same. 😁

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

I have to wait for a liquidation notice before forwarding the claim to ME bank.

We do also have Qantas travel insurance for this trip. It could all take some time but thats fine.

YES!!!!!!!!! That Norwegian pop up is driving me INSANE!!!!!! It's enough to put you off booking NCL in protest!😠 I don't mind if a pop up comes up once, but this constant repetition is getting ridiculous!

My browser is Firefox

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nothing to October when we on the Diamond Princess out of Melbourne for one of the last Princess cruises out of Melbourne. 

We actually flying tommorrow to Auckland. But we doing a driving holiday for a week just around a bit of NZ middle of Northland and to see some family.

None of the cruises appeal to me at the moment its to the same ports that have been done over and over again. 

Edited by icat2000

No winter getaways this year, but we thoroughly enjoyed the Great Barrier Reef cruise last June.

Right now, we're holding out for our Christmas cruise to the South Pacific. Have had it booked for nearly 12 months so far and it still seems a long way away.😒 Unfortunately work commitments preclude us from doing even a short cruise before then.