Changing Status' mid cruise

I will hit Emerald on day 6 of my 11 day cruise.  Will those Benefits kick in during the cruise or will they wait until next new booking?

TIA !

Until you hit diamond with the free 4 drinks a day and day of free wifi not much really until then to get excited about. Diamond is only 80 pts. Not that many. 

When you think about it...all of us turn during a cruise at some point...early, mid, or late.  

As always, the points have to be gathered and posted 5-8 days after completion of your current cruise. 

I always looked at it as being that much sweeter once you board the next cruise, giving you more to look forward to.  Enjoy your cruise and congrats on turning Emerald.  🙂 

• Like 2

You don't actually hit a status until the cruise is completed anyway.  The only exception is Pinnacle, but then you're only recognized on the cruise you go over it.  Emerald is basically a place holder.  We were scheduled to go D on our next cruise at the same time they adjusted how they do points and added Emerald.  We then were "Emerald" for that one cruise.  

36 minutes ago, BND said:

You don't actually hit a status until the cruise is completed anyway.  The only exception is Pinnacle, but then you're only recognized on the cruise you go over it.  Emerald is basically a place holder.  We were scheduled to go D on our next cruise at the same time they adjusted how they do points and added Emerald.  We then were "Emerald" for that one cruise.  

And you have come a long way since then. 🙂 

I actually skipped right over it, boarding as a Platinum earning points through Emerald, and into Diamond on one single longer cruise to the canal.  Drats...never got the little green pin.  😉 

The next cruise was something we looked forward to after that....and entry into the (at that time) "Diamond Event".  🥰

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Until you hit diamond with the free 4 drinks a day and day of free wifi not much really until then to get excited about. Diamond is only 80 pts. Not that many. 

That's relative.  Our first cruise was in 2013.  After July of this year, we'll have 43 points.  At this rate, we might get to Diamond about when we retire.. MAYBE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

That's relative.  Our first cruise was in 2013.  After July of this year, we'll have 43 points.  At this rate, we might get to Diamond about when we retire.. MAYBE.

The no mans land from 175 pts for D+ to 700 for pinnacle is what I call a LONG stretch between. As a solo I can do 40 with a b2b or so, but the stretch to 700 ... feels like forever to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The no mans land from 175 pts for D+ to 700 for pinnacle is what I call a LONG stretch between. As a solo I can do 40 with a b2b or so, but the stretch to 700 ... feels like forever to me.

Once we hit D+ 340, we still considered thinking about P status, but thenRoyal changed their focus, for us at least, and although we have enough cruises booked to reach 500, we realized P status won’t get us that much more than we need, so we’re now booking Celebrity and plan to look outside of the RCCL bubble.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, island lady said:

And you have come a long way since then. 🙂 

I actually skipped right over it, boarding as a Platinum earning points through Emerald, and into Diamond on one single longer cruise to the canal.  Drats...never got the little green pin.  😉 

The next cruise was something we looked forward to after that....and entry into the (at that time) "Diamond Event".  🥰

Ah, the diamond event.  Wine freely poured.  And bar snacks.  We were on EX for our first couple of D events and it was help up in the glass enclosed card room off the VCL (like a greenhouse when the sun was out)  We currently have 667 points and will hit 700 in Nov.  I thought I'd be 80 before we got there, but we're 64 and 66.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

Technically, you don't change status on the cruise because points are not awarded until after the cruise is completed. The exception to this I believe, is when you reach Pinnacle.

41 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Once we hit D+ 340, we still considered thinking about P status, but thenRoyal changed their focus, for us at least, and although we have enough cruises booked to reach 500, we realized P status won’t get us that much more than we need, so we’re now booking Celebrity and plan to look outside of the RCCL bubble.  

The one thing I want is free wifi the whole cruise. The rest seems subject to change like oh too many high level this time only top 30 can eat in ck and use suite lounge. I'll never be top 30 lol maybe if I do little grandeur idk but other than the wifi, nothing else I want or expect to get. I have 18 rcl booked so i will hit pinnacle but not until after my TA unfortunately. Takes soooooo long. 13 days + 10 for TA is a lot of wifi to pay for, but the rest is  nothing to me.

I'm interested in trying HAL  have done most of the others. My friends claim HAL has the best food so I want to try it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Technically, you don't change status on the cruise because points are not awarded until after the cruise is completed. The exception to this I believe, is when you reach Pinnacle.

Exactly what I said in post #6.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I enjoy the older crowd with very few kids on Celebrity ships (just got off Apex today). The one big thing I miss is the 5 free Diamond Plus drinks. I rarely buy the deluxe drink package on RCI but I always buy the Premium Drink Package on Celebrity. Just this issue alone can make a cruise on Celebrity significantly more expensive, although the price difference between RCI and Celebrity is rapidly shrinking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The exception to this I believe, is when you reach Pinnacle.

I don’t think they make this exception anymore…at least, they didn’t in our case.  We turned Pinn during the first leg of a B2B on Mariner and while we were recognized on the first leg, we did not get any of the Pinn amenities until the second leg.  I will say, though, the Loyalty Ambassador was wonderful and made sure that everything transitioned smoothly so that we enjoyed all of the Pinn amenities on that second leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I enjoy the older crowd with very few kids on Celebrity ships (just got off Apex today). The one big thing I miss is the 5 free Diamond Plus drinks. I rarely buy the deluxe drink package on RCI but I always buy the Premium Drink Package on Celebrity. Just this issue alone can make a cruise on Celebrity significantly more expensive, although the price difference between RCI and Celebrity is rapidly shrinking. 

There’s been talk of celebrity and royal merging some of the loyalty benefits. I’m hoping for the 5 drinks 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The one thing I want is free wifi the whole cruise. The rest seems subject to change like oh too many high level this time only top 30 can eat in ck and use suite lounge. I'll never be top 30 lol maybe if I do little grandeur idk but other than the wifi, nothing else I want or expect to get. I have 18 rcl booked so i will hit pinnacle but not until after my TA unfortunately. Takes soooooo long. 13 days + 10 for TA is a lot of wifi to pay for, but the rest is  nothing to me.

I'm interested in trying HAL  have done most of the others. My friends claim HAL has the best food so I want to try it. 

The number of pins on board varies.  There are only 30 Pinnacles on Wonder this week.

IMG_0490.jpeg

15 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

You are not alone.  Have reached the "P" mark awhile ago, but am now booking with other lines.  That level is just not what it used to be, with too many cut backs all across the board in all things Royal. 😞 

We are now booking future cruises mostly with Viking.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We just reached Pinnacle on our current sailing (day 2 of 12) but we are not recognized as Pinnacle until our next sailing. We have not been included in any Pinnacle activities. 

15 hours ago, BND said:

Ah, the diamond event.  Wine freely poured.  And bar snacks.  We were on EX for our first couple of D events and it was help up in the glass enclosed card room off the VCL (like a greenhouse when the sun was out)  We currently have 667 points and will hit 700 in Nov.  I thought I'd be 80 before we got there, but we're 64 and 66.

Ahhh..congrats and welcome to the club soon!  🤗  My favorite being the unlimited free internet, and add in the 7 drinks per person a day....ahhh...nice!  Oh...having breakfast in Chops is right up there too!!  

Agree...the Diamond events were sooo fun!  On the little Radiance ladies the cigar bar on the VCL deck was the Diamond event (but still smelled of cigars 🤢).  That is of course now strictly the concierge lounge.

But our favorite was definitely the Freedom forward lounge.  OMG...we met so many cool people and had so much fun!  Beer, wine, jar of bar snacks...totally enjoyed and was all we needed.  

15 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Pinnacles are simply "recognized"....but do not receive the status until after the points have been posted to your account 5-8 days after the cruise...as with all levels.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I don’t think they make this exception anymore…at least, they didn’t in our case.  We turned Pinn during the first leg of a B2B on Mariner and while we were recognized on the first leg, we did not get any of the Pinn amenities until the second leg.  I will say, though, the Loyalty Ambassador was wonderful and made sure that everything transitioned smoothly so that we enjoyed all of the Pinn amenities on that second leg.

Same with us...but we turned on the second leg.  😉   So was not until the next booked cruise later.  Guess I timed that one wrong.  😄 

• Like 1