Diamond Plus lapel pin

2 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

We will become Diamond Plus on our next cruise in August, curious to know are they still doing lapel pins and is there one one for Diamond Plus?

Yes, I have one and unlike Pinnies, I don't wear it.🤣

• Like 14
  • Haha 10

31 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

We will become Diamond Plus on our next cruise in August, curious to know are they still doing lapel pins and is there one one for Diamond Plus?

The CAS is still doing the (all) tier level pins. So on your August cruise you will be D+?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RRTcruiser said:

Naturally...being Cruise Critic...you will get mostly "unhelpful" answers to your question.  Sorry about that.  

The actual answer is...yes, you can receive the pin, and no reason not to wear it if you want to.  If you don't get it...simply go to see the Loyalty Ambassador on board and ask for one.  They keep plastic baggies on hand of the pins.  

Though as "Doghog" pointed out...you will not be officially D+ until your points are awarded until after the cruise is complete (5-8 days later) of which you turn the new level.  But that does make the next cruise that much sweeter!

Enjoy, and congrats on turning D+!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Yes, but it's a tiny cheap piece of plastic. Lapel pins are meaningless unless you're Pinnacle

Aww...I remember how exciting it was to turn D+ at the time!  Of course way back when we did that, the D+ were allowed in the Concierge Lounges.  🙂   Ahhh..I remember the times.  😉 

And that extra internet time, plus the extra bottle (bottles?) of wine...much appreciated.  

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, but it's a tiny cheap piece of plastic. Lapel pins are meaningless unless you're Pinnacle

None of our tier level pins are plastic. Maybe they want the D+ pins as a souvenir and no other reason. 🙄

Edited by doghog
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Drats....we never received the Emerald pin.  😉 

That's because you made Pinnacle quickly. 😁 We have the Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus pins. Never received our Crystal Block and we made D+ in 2017. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

On the recent benefit chart, the pins are still listed for Diamond and above.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

That's because you made Pinnacle quickly. 😁 We have the Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus pins. Never received our Crystal Block and we made D+ in 2017. 

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Naturally...being Cruise Critic...you will get mostly "unhelpful" answers to your question.  Sorry about that.  

The actual answer is...yes, you can receive the pin, and no reason not to wear it if you want to.  If you don't get it...simply go to see the Loyalty Ambassador on board and ask for one.  They keep plastic baggies on hand of the pins.  

Though as "Doghog" pointed out...you will not be officially D+ until your points are awarded until after the cruise is complete (5-8 days later) of which you turn the new level.  But that does make the next cruise that much sweeter!

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Aww...I remember how exciting it was to turn D+ at the time!  Of course way back when we did that, the D+ were allowed in the Concierge Lounges.  🙂   Ahhh..I remember the times.  😉 

And that extra internet time, plus the extra bottle (bottles?) of wine...much appreciated.  

It wasn't that long ago....we got to use the CL without being in suites for about 1.5 years before being labeled personna non grata. Now we just book suites if suite access is what we want.

Plus this opened us up to exploring other lines. Would have made 700+ points on RCL already but we choose to cruise MSC in their Yacht Club also. For our europe trip we are on MSC for 2 voyages in the Med before boarding explorer for a TA and B4B. 5 years ago it would have been all RCL. Cruise with who we want and we enjoy what perks RCL throws our way. But we are not chasing status by cruising with RCL.

Loyalty rewards is just a cherry for our cruising.

• Like 2

Thank you…. Just finished a cruise that when the points get added in a few days we will be 169 points. The cruise in August will add 16 more points, hence D+ territory post cruise … 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t even remember getting our D pins. My wife says we did. 🤷‍♂️

Should be getting our D+ pins 4 weeks from today. They’ll never see the light of day. Looking forward to several other perks though.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thank you very mucm

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Don’t forget bag of free laundry.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Don’t even remember getting our D pins. My wife says we did. 🤷‍♂️

Should be getting our D+ pins 4 weeks from today. They’ll never see the light of day. Looking forward to several other perks though.

We've never worn ours (a to each their own thing) either but nice we have them. I've seen some wear the G, P, E, D, and D+ pins like some Pinnacles do. 

• Like 1

I met a nice man on Liberty once that had a D+ pin totally encrusted in diamonds. He said his sister was a jeweler and did it for him. It was really cool. I’d wear that one. Never wore mine. 

32 minutes ago, doghog said:

None of our tier level pins are plastic. Maybe they want the D+ pins as a souvenir and no other reason. 🙄

Ours have 4 microscopic diamonds.🤪 At least I think they’re diamonds, so small I can hardly see them. Now they’re plastic?

• Haha 2

I draw the line on the passenger wearing a T shirt with a hand drawn tie on dress to impress night. Go ahead and wear your CAS pins I welcome that sort of displays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1