Concierge Class Lunch day 1. For Aqua guests??

Posted (edited)

Aqua does not get any special lunch, and its restaurant BLU is not open for lunch during the cruise..only bkfst & dinner.  

.You can arrange to go elsewhere including mdr and specialty dining for dinner.. and for bkfst and lunch  buffet or spa cafe.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, barric said:

Our 5/26 cruise on Eclipse features this concierge class day 1 lunch.  We are in Aqua.  Does this apply to us?

No only to Concierge and Zenith and sometimes consecutive cruisers but not Aqua 

As others have mentioned the Concierge lunch on day one is for Concierge Class stateroom passengers.  Aqua Class stateroom passengers have Blu as their restaurant associated with Aqua.  You are not limited to that venue, but it is intended for you as part of the Aqua Class offerings.  You can also order from the MDR menu while there as well if desired.

1 hour ago, barric said:

Our 5/26 cruise on Eclipse features this concierge class day 1 lunch.  We are in Aqua.  Does this apply to us?

Just in MHO you aren't missing much.  We went on the Solstice in Sept 2022 as our first X cruise and I was afraid that was a sample of the rest of the food quality on the cruise.  Fortunately, it was not.

I look at it this way if I book Concierge I get lunch in the MDR on day 1.  Everyday my dinning for  breakfast, lunch and dinner is the MDR.

If I book Aqua I don’t get lunch in the MDR on day 1 but I do have Blu as my assigned dining room for breakfast & dinner everyday and the MDR for lunch if I chose to go.   We prefer Blu to the MDR for service, atmosphere and quality.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I look at it this way if I book Concierge I get lunch in the MDR on day 1.  Everyday my dinning for  breakfast, lunch and dinner is the MDR.

If I book Aqua I don’t get lunch in the MDR on day 1 but I do have Blu as my assigned dining room for breakfast & dinner everyday and the MDR for lunch if I chose to go.   We prefer Blu to the MDR for service, atmosphere and quality.

On the edge lunch is only in the MDR, and only one of the MDRs on sea days only.

2 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

On the edge lunch is only in the MDR, and only one of the MDRs on sea days only.

Yes, served sit down  lunch is in the MDR (only 1 of the 4 are open for lunch on the Edge.  Luminae is also open for lunch on sea days for suite guests.

You are correct my post should have specified that no dining room is open for lunch on port days, 

2 hours ago, barric said:

Nope!

32 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Just in MHO you aren't missing much.  We went on the Solstice in Sept 2022 as our first X cruise and I was afraid that was a sample of the rest of the food quality on the cruise.  Fortunately, it was not.

33 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I agree, you’re not missing much. Menu is very limited and it’s only during certain hours.

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes, served sit down  lunch is in the MDR (only 1 of the 4 are open for lunch on the Edge.  Luminae is also open for lunch on sea days for suite guests.

You are correct my post should have specified that no dining room is open for lunch on port days, 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Menu is very limited and it’s only during certain hours.

In our experience the hours typically run from around 11:30 to 2:00, and the menu typically offers four items to choose from: salmon, short ribs, chicken, and a pasta dish.  This also includes a choice of soup or Caesar salad as appetizers and desert.

While I would never book Concierge just for the lunch, it is a nice amenity to be included in that it IMO provides a decent menu and a quite atmosphere in which to relax and enjoy your boarding day lunch, which I think is a nice option to the buffet or other possible complimentary venues.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No only to Concierge and Zenith and sometimes consecutive cruisers but not Aqua 

Not always for B2B?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Not always for B2B?

No not always. I am currently on silhouette back back from the transatlantic to Norway. They were 300 back-to-back guests, we were told that we would overwhelm the dining room and the B2B were not invited to the lunch yesterday.  

wow, they are having a special cocktail party for B2B passengers.  Not  quite a one-for-one experience but it is something.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No not always. I am currently on silhouette back back from the transatlantic to Norway. They were 300 back-to-back guests, we were told that we would overwhelm the dining room and the B2B were not invited to the lunch yesterday.  

wow, they are having a special cocktail party for B2B passengers.  Not  quite a one-for-one experience but it is something.

We are just off B2B 200+ so not included in CC lunch .  Also the number of B2B changing cabins was too much for attendants to handle so we had to totally pack up everything, including hanging items.  

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We are just off B2B 200+ so not included in CC lunch .  Also the number of B2B changing cabins was too much for attendants to handle so we had to totally pack up everything, including hanging items.  

We only had 50 or so in March and still no B2B lunch on Silhouette. 

1 hour ago, peterde said:

My concierge lunch is usually my worst meal of the cruise. If you miss it it’s no big deal, there are better options. 

As are the canapés in the afternoon delivered to the Concierge stateroom.  Many of them were tastes and qualities I wouldn't serve to a dog.  Plus there were two in the room but they only brought enough for 1.  Still scratching my head how these came from the same kitchen that produces all the wonderful other items onboard. 

I think in three weeks we will tell our cabin steward to just skip those for us.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So if you do a B2B you cannot keep the same cabin?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

So if you do a B2B you cannot keep the same cabin?

Since the cruise line sees a back to back as two separate cruises that happen to be consecutive, it depends on stateroom availability when you book each cruise.  If the stateroom you select on the first cruise is available on the second one, you can select the same one for both and not have to change staterooms.  But that is based on availability of the desired stateroom on both cruises. 

Certainly when you are booking either directly or through a TA they will try to find the same available stateroom for each cruise.  But that isn't always the case.

Normally if you do have to change staterooms the stateroom attendants will move your things for you, or at least assist.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

As are the canapés in the afternoon delivered to the Concierge stateroom.  Many of them were tastes and qualities I wouldn't serve to a dog.  Plus there were two in the room but they only brought enough for 1.  Still scratching my head how these came from the same kitchen that produces all the wonderful other items onboard. 

I think in three weeks we will tell our cabin steward to just skip those for us.

Instead of the regular canapés we requested a plate of cookies or fruit and cheese plate. On Ascent we ended up getting a plate of fruit and a plate of cheese. Perfect for wine on the non balcony infinite veranda. 

• Like 1