Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

On 6/17/2024 at 4:19 PM, REEtired said:

I just received a call back to my emails. I was told there will be a lounger and foot stools on our balcony. We’re sailing on Eclipse next month. Miriam from the Executive Office did say they are “doing some things” so hopefully I will find a lounger on our balcony.  Never mentioned safety as an issue. 

What kind of cabin are you booked in? (Suite, Aqua, Concierge?)

Please come back and let us know if you got your lounger.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chamima said:

What kind of cabin are you booked in? (Suite, Aqua, Concierge?)

Please come back and let us know if you got your lounger.

AQ and concierge don’t get loungers and S suites on E class don’t either

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

Gracie, on Princess if in a mini suite, can you tell me the breakfast option?  Because it looks like the suite restaurant is dinner only?  I’m thinking of the Diamond Princess in Japan in a mini suite.

Tnak you.

if you are in a “Reserve Mini suite” then the “suite”  actually called “Reserve” dining room will be open. Otherwise the MDR or buffet would be a couple of your options.

5 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

if you are in a “Reserve Mini suite” then the “suite”  actually called “Reserve” dining room will be open. Otherwise the MDR or buffet would be a couple of your options.

Thanks to all of you.  I see how to pull up the reserve prices.  We may consider this for our next cruise.

• Like 1

Hello all and as promised I am back to report on my conversation today with the executive office.  I was assured that loungers would still be on all of the larger balconies.  For example I am in an aft facing cabin on a M class ship with the larger balconies and all of those cabins along with the suites will still have lounger/s and chair/s on them, it is only on the smaller balconies where a lounger would not definitely fit (I have sailed in one of these before and know that a lounger would not fit) will still not have loungers, no change here.

As for the higher back chairs that “reclined” those are in the process of being removed due to several incidents of the balcony glass doors being broken, cracked etc by the chairs.  I did ask if the chairs replacing the ones that recline would be high backed as lower back chairs are not comfortable and one wishes to be comfortable on their balcony while cruising.  She didn’t have an exact answer for that and said she didn’t want to mislead me by saying they would all be high backed chairs as she did not know.  

So really no changes as far as loungers (at least from all of my sailings) but may be some changes with the smaller balconies and the reclining chairs.  

Oh and the executive offices are well aware of all of the postings on “social media” as she mentioned this.

Edited by Rina155
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Could larger balconies be referring to larger suites or did they clarify SV cabins?  Thanks

Celebrity Suite on the Summit has no loungers and would not have room for them.  It’s still a great balcony with very comfortable seating.

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

I was thinking RS and above.

I had them on the EV on Edge.  Two side by side with no space between them and one abutted the balcony rail and the other flush up against the hot tub, very awkward when both using at same time.  Then again I could care less about loungers.  Upright seating and a table are far more important to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rina155 said:

Hello all and as promised I am back to report on my conversation today with the executive office.  I

As for the higher back chairs that “reclined” those are in the process of being removed due to several incidents of the balcony glass doors being broken, cracked etc by the chairs.  I did ask if the chairs replacing the ones that recline would be high backed as lower back chairs are not comfortable and one wishes to be comfortable on their balcony while cruising.  She didn’t have an exact answer for that and said she didn’t want to mislead me by saying they would all be high backed chairs as she did not know.  

So really no changes as far as loungers (at least from all of my sailings) but may be some changes with the smaller balconies and the reclining chairs.  

Oh and the executive offices are well aware of all of the postings on “social media” as she mentioned this.

We have sailed for years (and I mean 10 - 20 years) in Aqua with the reclining chairs and footstools and have NEVER heard of any problems with the glass doors being broken by the chairs.

There's just something really fishy about this .

The more we cruise, the more time we spend on our balcony and if the reclining high back chairs are gone so will we be. It's just the final straw for me. My husband has had to be convinced to keep sailing with Celebrity for the last several years but he may just win out now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Oville said:

Could larger balconies be referring to larger suites or did they clarify SV cabins?  Thanks

Sunset verandas will have loungers if the SV is one of the larger extended balconies. 

Edited by Rina155
  • Like 2

Ok, so the safety issue is people were busting door and window glass, interesting.  That is some very thick glass but there are some big people on X so if the chair back isn't locked in. I suppose I could see that happening.  I guess I'll buy that explanation. I'll bet they have a pretty big bump on their head when that happens.

47 minutes ago, Liao said:

Celebrity Suite on the Summit has no loungers and would not have room for them.  It’s still a great balcony with very comfortable seating.

Verandas were added to M-Class CS cabins after the fact, so nice but not huge.

Edited by canderson
typoz

43 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

Sunset verandas will have loungers if the SV is one of the larger extended balconies. 

I think all SV are pretty large on all class ships…. certainly enough to fit loungers. Even those smaller aft Aqua cabins in Deck 11 in M class ships are large enough for two. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rina155 said:

Hello all and as promised I am back to report on my conversation today with the executive office.  I was assured that loungers would still be on all of the larger balconies.  For example I am in an aft facing cabin on a M class ship with the larger balconies and all of those cabins along with the suites will still have lounger/s and chair/s on them, it is only on the smaller balconies where a lounger would not definitely fit (I have sailed in one of these before and know that a lounger would not fit) will still not have loungers, no change here.

thanks for the great news. i realize in my EV it's awkward how they have the loungers but i still would like them so i can suffer anyway!!!   also where they are is nowhere near the door so 'impossible' to break the door that way.

2 hours ago, Oville said:

My point was suites can’t have loungers but SVs can.  Last I knew there was price difference.  No sour grapes here as we could care less about the loungers just some may and perhaps with good reason.

Suites that have always had loungers still will

• Like 2