Minor Mystery RE Rssc.com "My Account"

Has this happened to anyone?

We're booked on RSSC in December.  I've used the "My Account" page to sign up for shorex and cooking classes, the usual stuff.  Went back into it yesterday and wound up with a head scratcher.  The booking(one of two we currently hold) shows up just fine, but the hot button for "Manage this Booking" has disappeared(it typically is on the same line as the reservation number.)  To add to the mystery our other cruise(2nd half of a BTB with the cruise in question) does have the manage-this-booking button and everything is fine.  I've cleared my cache, used two different browsers, no luck.  Called my TA, she contacted Regent.    Regent asked me to call them directly.  Talked to a very nice lady at Regent.  She documented the anomaly for IT but the response at this time is basically "well, isn't that something."

I don't need to make any changes right now so I'll just let this perk, but specialty dining reservation are on the horizon and I'll need to do something.

Posted (edited)

My booking totally disappeared and then the cruise showed up as a different booking number that needed to be deposited within five days.  TA said Regent issue; still no fix from Regent; and I am sure that all my booked excursions will be gone even when the correct booking is reinstated.

edited to add:  Deposit and excursions now show up under new booking number.  $600 of $850 shipboard credit also shows up.  Attestation forms do not show up but that is minor.  I will be really interested to see the breakdown of all my payments; this could be interesting.

Date of deposit shown as 20 May 24 whilst initial deposit actually made on 30 Jan 23 which is what I told insurance company; insurance company is going to have a cow.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

We're having the same issue.  Any reservation that has a "Deposit Received" status in MY TO-DO LIST (the right column) will have the Manage Reservation button.  Those that have "Deposit needed to confirm booking" do not have the Manage Reservation button.  In our case most of the onboard bookings get the "Deposit needed ..." status whenever a change has been made to the reservation.  About half our bookings are now unmanageable. 🙁

3 hours ago, DarthCruiser said:

We're having the same issue.  Any reservation that has a "Deposit Received" status in MY TO-DO LIST (the right column) will have the Manage Reservation button.  Those that have "Deposit needed to confirm booking" do not have the Manage Reservation button.  In our case most of the onboard bookings get the "Deposit needed ..." status whenever a change has been made to the reservation.  About half our bookings are now unmanageable. 🙁

Oh, good work Holmes, I think you're on to something.  That's exactly what we're seeing.  My booking missing the manage button shows I still need to deposit, but my other cruise which I booked later, shows "deposit received" and all is well.  I never thought twice about it since Regent has always agreed they have our deposit for the first cruise, so I wrote it off as a glitch.

In the IT discipline there is a sub-discipline known as "change management."  I suspect Regent is strong on the "change" and weak on the "management."  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DarthCruiser said:

In our case most of the onboard bookings get the "Deposit needed ..." status whenever a change has been made to the reservation. 

Same issue with one of our bookings. 

Seems that a lower than normal deposit (e.g. for an on board booking) triggers the glitch.

Rang the Regent(UK) office this morning and the representative was able to rectify the issue swiftly.

However he was not able to rectify another issue on one of our bookings, where Culinary Arts Kitchen reservations are not available to us but are available to others booked on one of the segments included in our our booking. He is emailing Miami to resolve 🙄 🤞 

Similar issue for us though not as alarming.  2 of 4 booked cruises are missing the "Manage" button and have the deposit needed indication on the "To-Do" list to the right of the booking.  However, the booking numbers didn't change and when I use the "shore Excursion" link on the "To-Do" list, all our previously booked excursions are intact.

Ironically, one of the 2 with "missing" deposits has the final payment due next week (which better be the net after our long-since deposit is accounted for) so our TA will get it straightened out.

Our 2027 World Cruse booking shows MANAGE THIS BOOKING as well as a SECOND DEPOSIT PAYMENT DUE hot buttons. Our agent made the original booking, coincidentally while we were on Grandeur, which was in a lower category. We didn't want that category, but our preferred category opened while we were still on the cruise, so we deposited (at the lower 5%, not the usual 10%) while onboard with the onboard travel office. Maybe the lower than usual deposit triggers the second deposit button? I've never seen a payment button on other "usual" TA bookings. 

Image 5-16-24 at 8.46 AM.jpeg

43 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Our 2027 World Cruse booking shows MANAGE THIS BOOKING as well as a SECOND DEPOSIT PAYMENT DUE hot buttons. Our agent made the original booking, coincidentally while we were on Grandeur, which was in a lower category. We didn't want that category, but our preferred category opened while we were still on the cruise, so we deposited (at the lower 5%, not the usual 10%) while onboard with the onboard travel office. Maybe the lower than usual deposit triggers the second deposit button? I've never seen a payment button on other "usual" TA bookings. 

Image 5-16-24 at 8.46 AM.jpeg

We are on the 2026 WC and made the full first deposit, we have the same second deposit link.  I think it’s a WC thing

• Like 1

Regent unilaterally canceled my booking on 8 May and sent notice to TA (not me) and created new booking number with new deposit date and without proper traceability on shipboard credit.  Is this any way to run a railroad?  I sure hope Steve can work wonders with respect to insurance policies.

Once again the website is gone mad. You would think that for a company that spends so much money on brochures, they could get someone to fix all the problems with website. It seems the "manage this booking" button has disappeared. However, if I click on tours I see show my itinerary at top. I can't book some tours because I get message "there is a conflict with a tour you already booked" even though I haven't booked anything. You would think that by now Regent IT department got its act together.

41 minutes ago, forevertravel said:

Once again the website is gone mad. You would think that for a company that spends so much money on brochures, they could get someone to fix all the problems with website. It seems the "manage this booking" button has disappeared. However, if I click on tours I see show my itinerary at top. I can't book some tours because I get message "there is a conflict with a tour you already booked" even though I haven't booked anything. You would think that by now Regent IT department got its act together.

Why would you think that? Are you new to Regent? The Website's functionality has been a problem in the 12 years that I have used it (for 28 Regent cruises). Despite optimistic promises from at least 2 Regent Presidents; yet they must spend a fortune on print advertising - my mailbox and newspapers often contain Regent ads.

3 hours ago, forevertravel said:

Once again the website is gone mad. You would think that for a company that spends so much money on brochures, they could get someone to fix all the problems with website. 

You clearly have never visited or tried to use the Walt Disney World website and/or App.  😀

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, forevertravel said:

I agree with Deep Freeze. It's been an issue since we started cruising with Regent 17 years ago. GMIAC, yes, I have used the Walt Disney World website and never had any issues with it.

Disney's tech is famously bad.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 5:07 PM, DarthCruiser said:

Just to close this out:

Well, our "manage this booking" button is back.  Here's how we got there:

Regent tells me to reset my password, apparently this will fix things(?!)  I do so, nothing changes.  I contact my TA.

Regent sends me an email saying their IT has changed my password and encloses new password in email.  I log in with new password, "manage this booking" is back.

I change password to one of my choosing.  Logout and back in, "manage this booking" is still there.  Yea!

One point of interest: this booking, when the manage button was gone, had been in the same status Darth described: it still showed "deposit needed" even though my deposit had long since been received.  Now, however, suddenly this booking read "deposit received."   

Huh, and double huh.

8 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

One point of interest: this booking, when the manage button was gone, had been in the same status Darth described: it still showed "deposit needed" even though my deposit had long since been received.  Now, however, suddenly this booking read "deposit received."   

Interesting, but changing passwords did not help our cases.  My guess is that someone at Regent went in and manually updated your booking(s) to make the required deposit match again.  Then they changed your password so they could login as you and verify that the button showed again.  Hence you had to change your password back to one of your choosing.  If this is the case they have masked the symptom, but not fixed the underlying problem.

I called Regent yesterday, but got no satisfaction.  I'll try again Monday if nothing happens.

We had the same problem with "deposit needed" for the cruises we booked while on our April cruise. Our TA called Regent, and they said they would work on it and it should be fixed by Tuesday. The Regent website now shows that we have no future cruises booked, rather than our 2 back to back cruises that had indicated we not made a deposit for. We did make the deposit onboard our April cruise.

We'll see what happens on Tuesday. We hope to be able to book a pre cruise stay/excursion in Paris, but nothing was available from the Regent rep onboard.

I'm glad I found this thread.  We are booked on the Grand Cruise next March.  The itinerary changed a few weeks ago due to the mess in the Middle East.  About two weeks ago or less, my "manage this booking" button disappeared.  I assumed it was because they were posting the shore excursions for the new portion of the itinerary.  Didn't worry much because I can get into the cruise to manage it through the "shore excursions booked" prompt on the right.  BUT, just reading this thread tonight, so I checked, and sure enough it says our initial deposit is due in July 2022!!   Have emailed my TA, hopefully it'll be resolved quickly.  My big concerns are, obviously, them dropping the booking, also, though, that the shore excursions are actually available and I'm just not able to see them. 😱

• Like 1

I hope you are not in as bad a shape as me.  In January of 2023 discount was $11,000 per person.  May 8 2024 when Regent rebooked my trip discount is $8,600 per person; i.e., prices have increased $2,400 per person through the various quarterly price increases over the last 16 months.  How can Regent charge me the higher price?  Finally excursions and shipboard credit got fixed.  I have paperwork for my deposits so I think insurance is fine.  I am just waiting for TA and Regent to get to the price I had on 7 May which included the additional $3K per person they promised us.

I want to clear something up.  I'm not saying changing our password fixed our  manage-this-booking problem.  As I said in post 17 above, we did that and nothing changed.  Then, Regent came back and told us they had changed our password, here was our new password, and try again.  So I went back in with the Regent assigned password, changed it, and my manage my booking button was back.  However, our deposit status had also mysteriously changed from "needed" to "received."  I suspect the solution to our little dilemma had much more to do with the deposit bit being flipped than anything with the password change.

To put it plainly: I thing Regent IT is either stumbling around a bit in the dark, or not being forthcoming with explanations of the band-aids they're applying to individual reservations, or both.  

I don't really care.  Our little situation is resolved and I do my best to judge a cruise line by the onboard experience.  With that, we have been very happy.

Posted (edited)

After reading this post I also did a look in my Regent. For the 4 future cruises where 2 oke and 2 (a B2B that had a intinary change for one leg) where not oke. After asking my TA to contact Regent it was solved in no time. Now the date of starting booking excursions and diner are not oke but my B2B is far away so it can wait.

Edited by Henk123