Help. I am in Italy and cannot complete my checkin for an Equinox sailing.

While early check in certainly is convenient in expediting the process, you still can board without doing so and will just complete everything at the counter during boarding.  So don't panic if you continue to have issues.

• Like 4

You'll be OK.  Worst thing is that you do check in at the port and it just takes a little longer.

How are you trying to check in?  Smartphone app?  Website?  If using app, make sure you have the latest version, update if necessary.  Or use the website.  You can get a photo at the port during check in.

• Like 1

The only advantage to doing early checkin is to get an early checkin time at the terminal. Otherwise, as everyone says the rest can be done at the port. If you’re traveling in a suite, or are Zenith level you’ll be able to just show up at the port anytime so def no need to checkin early! 

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

but she would need luggage tags

Those can be generated by the porter at the pier.  All she needs is her cabin number.

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I want to checkin on line and having issues even finding it.

I think you resolved this in the other thread you started on this subject.  

10 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

No, not at all,. I never print my luggage tags anymore. I just wait until I get to the pier and the Porter hand writes some for me.  

11 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No, not at all,. I never print my luggage tags anymore. I just wait until I get to the pier and the Porter hand writes some for me. 

This is accurate however some ports like San Pedro (L.A.) require you to wait in a baggage tag line where the worker looks you up on a list to confirm you have the correct room versus taking your word for it.  We were on a Nov 2022 sailing out of Sand Pedro and the porters could use the blank ones, they changed this by the NYE cruise and it had more to do with bad timing but we were in that line for a solid half-hour.  So one doesn't need to print them out but worst case scenario you may need to wait in a line

On 5/21/2024 at 3:57 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I want to checkin on line and having issues even finding it.

You don't need luggage tags. They will take care of it at the Pier! Time for another Glass of Wine!

On 5/23/2024 at 10:33 PM, IsanTom said:

You don't need luggage tags. They will take care of it at the Pier! Time for another Glass of Wine!

yes but the ones from the cruise line are color coded and have the room printed on it.

At the pier a mistake could happen if not paying attention.  I like what the cruise line provides

24 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes but the ones from the cruise line are color coded and have the room printed on it.

At the pier a mistake could happen if not paying attention.  I like what the cruise line provides

The color coding is immaterial.  I print mine on a laser jet which is not a color printer.  

They will put the room number from your boarding pass on the ones you get at the pier. You can watch them write it on there and make sure it is correct before you walk away. 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The color coding is immaterial.  I print mine on a laser jet which is not a color printer.  

They will put the room number from your boarding pass on the ones you get at the pier. You can watch them write it on there and make sure it is correct before you walk away. 

sorry I do not wish to debate but I like what the ship provides in e docs and print thee out.

Get it all done before arrival.