Premium Drink Package Question

I have the premium for us for our cruise in 14 days, YIPPEEE!!!!!

I have been all over X's website and cannot find if there is a limit per day of how many drinks.  While I do not plan on getting anywhere near that amount, bottled water IS included in the plan and was wondering if non-alcoholic drinks count against that maximum per day, if it exists.

As far as I know, there is no maximum. Of course, if you're downing vodka and get visibly trashed, they will cut you off, but there's no "15 drinks per day" or whatever like some cruise lines do. Do be aware, though, that you can only get one drink of any kind at a time per card (so like, you can't go up and ask for two bottles of water with just your card. You'd need a second person's card to get a second bottle).

1 minute ago, CruiseeCrazee said:

As far as I know, there is no maximum. Of course, if you're downing vodka and get visibly trashed, they will cut you off, but there's no "15 drinks per day" or whatever like some cruise lines do. Do be aware, though, that you can only get one drink of any kind at a time per card (so like, you can't go up and ask for two bottles of water with just your card. You'd need a second person's card to get a second bottle).

That is incorrect. I've always been able to grab multiple waters at any bar, especially when grabbing my coffee at Al Bacio.

Have done this on many trips.

Cheers

OP

there is no limit on number of beverages beer/coffee/waters.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CruiseeCrazee said:

I found that out last cruise.  I tried ordering a drink for myself and DH and they asked for his card as well.  Makes sense, they don't want you using yours to get a friend a drink who did not buy a package.

6 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I have the premium for us for our cruise in 14 days, YIPPEEE!!!!!

I have been all over X's website and cannot find if there is a limit per day of how many drinks.  While I do not plan on getting anywhere near that amount, bottled water IS included in the plan and was wondering if non-alcoholic drinks count against that maximum per day, if it exists.

There is no maximum per day

1 hour ago, highway180 said:

That is incorrect. I've always been able to grab multiple waters at any bar, especially when grabbing my coffee at Al Bacio.

Cheers

OP

My experience exactly. You can’t get two alcoholic drinks at one time, but I have never been told NO when I asked for a bottle of water at the same time as an alcoholic drink, soda, or tea/coffee. I have even gotten two bottles of water at one time. 

• Like 2

Is there a time limit between drinks.  In the evening on Princess I would get a double scotch.  Guess I will order a single followed by another single 

20 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Hoping my question follows the spirit of this topic. I have the regular AI package and will need to upgrade to premium. When is the best time to do this? 

There's really no reason to wait. Buy it now and then keep an eye out for sales. You can cancel and repurchase at the lower price.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 39august said:

No time restriction for doubles or singles. 

Just order a double to begin with.  So far Celebrity treats guests as responsible adults ( no limit on the number of drinks, no signing for towels at the pool, no announcements every 30 minutes to remind you when bingo will start). Hope that continues but as many cruisers from other lines move over to X I wonder if needing a limit on the number of drinks or signing for towels so you don’t steal them will lead X to do the same.

8 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Hoping my question follows the spirit of this topic. I have the regular AI package and will need to upgrade to premium. When is the best time to do this? 

The best time to upgrade is before the cruise, if you can catch a flash sale you can  for $8. 39 including gratuities that’s a win.  On board you most likely will pay twice as much to upgrade.

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just order a double to begin with.  So far Celebrity treats guests as responsible adults ( no limit on the number of drinks, no signing for towels at the pool, no announcements every 30 minutes to remind you when bingo will start). Hope that continues but as many cruisers from other lines move over to X I wonder if needing a limit on the number of drinks or signing for towels so you don’t steal them will lead X to do the same.

The best time to upgrade is before the cruise, if you can catch a flash sale you can  for $8. 39 including gratuities that’s a win.  On board you most likely will pay twice as much to upgrade.

Thank you for the info. Our booking already includes gratuities but this "flash sale" would seal the deal. Where would one hope to find this deal? 

30 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Thank you for the info. Our booking already includes gratuities but this "flash sale" would seal the deal. Where would one hope to find this deal? 

You can find the flash sales on the app or on the website, but I think it's quicker to navigate the app.  Just check back periodically and keep an eye out.  Folks will also post a "heads-up" on the CC boards when a good flash sale comes around.

46 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

There's really no reason to wait. Buy it now and then keep an eye out for sales. You can cancel and repurchase at the lower price.

The only reason to wait that I can think of is if one wants to use OBC from their TA to make the purchase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

Check your cruise planner.  Flash sales can just pop up, many times they only apply to select sailings.  Also around holidays ( Memorial Day) there may be sales.  If you see a decent discount go ahead and purchase the upgrade, if a better deal comes along you can cancel and repurchase up to about. 4 days before sailing.

On 5/17/2024 at 3:49 PM, jelayne said:

So far Celebrity treats guests as responsible adults ( no limit on the number of drinks, no signing for towels at the pool, no announcements every 30 minutes to remind you when bingo will start).

I have noticed that with X compared to RCCL.  I am surprised RCCL doesn't remind me to go to the bathroom with all the announcements, especially Diamonds International.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 12:15 PM, highway180 said:

Cheers

OP

When have you last sailed on Celebrity? Last month most of the time I was asked for 2 cards to get 2 drinks of any type including water. If I was at a venue that they knew me then it was usually not a problem. Retreat lounge was not a problem either... but the OVC always asked for 2 cards for 2 waters!

No limit to the total number of drinks of any type unless you become too drunk.

Edited by billc23

My last cruise was in Feb, on the Ascent.But honestly when in OVC i would go to the coffee bar on the way out, grab an americano to go and ask for 2 waters. My wife did the same, this way we would have a "supply" back in the room. We did this daily. I will say if you ordered  from a waiter in the OVC , and you wanted 2 drinks other than water, they would ask for both cards, or at least show them both upon delivering the drinks.

Cheers

15 hours ago, billc23 said:

Last month most of the time I was asked for 2 cards to get 2 drinks of any type including water. 

That was my experience in 2022 on Solstice.