Edge TV Selection

We will be on the Edge in Alaska in two weeks in a Concierge Class State Room.  What are the TV choices?  I'm also going to meet the comments at the pass, I do not plan on watching TV all day.  First thing in the morning before breakfast, music channels if we pop in for a bit, and tv viewing before we retire for the night. 🙂

6 minutes ago, didicruiser said:

I can only moment on the news channels. BBC,MSNBC,Fox

I'm a news hound, so I tend to bounce between those, as well as CNBC for financial news. In Australia, they had two Australian news channels, also. 

There is usually National Geographic, which I often enjoy. 

Additionally, X has a pretty paltry selection of movies on demand. If one is used to the sort of selection they have on Princess, they'd be rather disappointed. 

• Like 1

Was on Edge recently and there was no music channel like on S-Class ships.   There is background music on the navigation channel.

From memory the channels I remember are

CNBC

MSNBC

COUPLE SPORTS STATIONS.   THEY ALSO BROADCAST MAJOR GAMES

FOX

BBC NEWS

BBC AMERICA

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

SKY NEWS

CARTOON CHANNEL

CHILDREN'S NETWORK

a Classic Movie CHANNEL

4-5 CELEBRITY ADVERTISEMENT CHANNELS INCLUDING REPLAYS OF THE LIVE LECTURES AND SOME OF THE SHOWS, EXCURSION PREVIEWS, CRUISE DIRECTOR ETC ETC.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I'm a news hound, so I tend to bounce between those, as well as CNBC for financial news. In Australia, they had two Australian news channels, also. 

There is usually National Geographic, which I often enjoy. 

Additionally, X has a pretty paltry selection of movies on demand. If one is used to the sort of selection they have on Princess, they'd be rather disappointed. 

Personally MSNBC and FOX are booth too polarized in their respective views for me to watch.   I will usually settle on BBC or SKY.   Since I travel with a steaming stick and VPN I usually watch my home news using YouTubeTV (recorded at 6AM, 7AM, Noon, 5PM an 10PM.   Choosing the most recent. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Personally MSNBC and FOX are booth too polarized in their respective views for me to watch.   I will usually settle on BBC or SKY.   Since I travel with a steaming stick and VPN I usually watch my home news using YouTubeTV (recorded at 6AM, 7AM, Noon, 5PM an 10PM.   Choosing the most recent. 

I really appreciate BBC, as it has a much moe international perspective. I make myself watch a bit of the polarized stuff, just to make sure that I am informed about different perspectives. but I admit I usually can't handle them for long. 

I haven't quite figured out the streaming stick thing, but we do download stuff to an iPad before leaving, 

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was on Edge recently and there was no music channel like on S-Class ships.   There is background music on the navigation channel.

CNBC

MSNBC

FOX

BBC NEWS

BBC AMERICA

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

SKY NEWS

CARTOON CHANNEL

CHILDREN'S NETWORK

a Classic Movie CHANNEL

4-5 CELEBRITY ADVERTISEMENT CHANNELS INCLUDING REPLAYS OF THE LIVE LECTURES AND SOME OF THE SHOWS, EXCURSION PREVIEWS, CRUISE DIRECTOR ETC ETC.

You forgot (and I kid you not)...the Toddler Channel...that was listed after the Childrens channel...

I somehow refrained from having a look at it...(I was afraid it would mesmerize my rather simple mind...

and as @MamaFej pointed out, if you've experienced the Princess TV offerings, you are gonna be very disappointed indeed...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not much choice in Movies either... sad!

We had about 10-12 movie choices, about 4 times what we would watch in a 30 day sailing.  On the plus side every NBA playoff  game was available and we were in the  South Pacific- GO MAVS‼️‼️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We had about 10-12 movie choices, about 4 times what we would watch in a 30 day sailing.  On the plus side every NBA playoff  game was available and we were in the  South Pacific- GO MAVS‼️‼️

I'm so old, I remember when the Lakers would reliably make it into the late rounds of the Playoffs, and often into the Finals. I do believe I remember a Three-Peat.

Sigh.

There is NO danger of them doing that these days. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree.  Remember when news was actually news and not tainted by the opinion of the newscasters so you could form your own opinion?  Those were the days.  Thank goodness for local news!  

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I'm so old, I remember when the Lakers would reliably make it into the late rounds of the Playoffs, and often into the Finals. I do believe I remember a Three-Peat.

Sigh.

There is NO danger of them doing that these days. 

Not for a year or 2.

Miss you!  Hope you are all doing well.

• Like 1

we like to watch re-runs of the Captains presentation and Beyibd the Podium Lectures while dressing for dinner.  Used to enjoy one night in cabin with rm service, and a movie but  as mentioned...for us.. free movie choices seem limited..sometimes they have  old TV shows.

We bring our own music..great  portable speakers with I pod dock.. old tech but we too are old!

18 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

We will be on the Edge in Alaska in two weeks in a Concierge Class State Room.  What are the TV choices?  I'm also going to meet the comments at the pass, I do not plan on watching TV all day.  First thing in the morning before breakfast, music channels if we pop in for a bit, and tv viewing before we retire for the night. 🙂

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

CNBC

MSNBC

FOX

BBC NEWS

BBC AMERICA

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

SKY NEWS

CARTOON CHANNEL

CHILDREN'S NETWORK

a Classic Movie CHANNEL

On Apex they also had 2 channels called "Prime" & "PrimeOne"  that showed re runs of old TV shows.

We were amazed that no music was offered at all.

23 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

On Apex they also had 2 channels called "Prime" & "PrimeOne"  that showed re runs of old TV shows.

We were amazed that no music was offered at all.

I found it irritating that those 2 channels, Prime and PrimeOne, actually had some decent movies.  But no guide to tell you what and when.  So basically useless.

I was also surprised at no music.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Muushka said:

I found it irritating that those 2 channels, Prime and PrimeOne, actually had some decent movies.  But no guide to tell you what and when.  So basically useless.

I was also surprised at no music.

Yes, I forgot to mention that in my earlier post...no guide whatsoever. It was, indeed,  very irritating...