Hello from Marina!

Vallesan

5 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Here's someone else's picture of the new Aquamar Kitchen.   

aquamar kitchen.jpg

This is just the kitchen bar sitting area...there are tables outside by the windows.  You are seated, given a menu and order taken by server.  Food is then brought to your table.  You can mix, match, add, subtract, combine any of the offerings,  We really enjoyed it on Vista and look forward to it being added to other ships

• Like 3

I don't know if there is room for it on the smaller ships but it certainly is a nice addition to the restaurants available.  We were on a 10 day cruise on Vista and must have eaten there at least six times.  Everything we had was fresh and delicious and we could just sit in our seat and order it without having to go get it although I think more than once my husband went to the Terrace for a dessert.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I just have a peaceful lunch ashore and wait there until after the cabins are ready. 

What we tend to do. I'll be researching places for Amsterdam soon.

4 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm curious what kind of food is offered for lunch and breakfast.

Given O's IT reputation for being slow, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the website's Marina section has Aquamar listed. If you go there, they have sample menus (click on "Aquamar Kitchen to see the menus and photos):

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/culinary-experiences

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Given O's IT reputation for being slow, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the website's Marina section has Aquamar listed. If you go there, they have sample menus (click on "Aquamar Kitchen to see the menus and photos):

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/culinary-experiences

Also noticed they have updated the photos for the PH suites. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edgee said:

Any feedback about changes in public areas of the ship...carpets, Grand Dining Room, etc would be appreciated.

Take a look at ‘Marina Redo’ I’ve just answered that question!

On 5/19/2024 at 9:50 PM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Is Aquamar all buffet, or how does it work?  Someone posted a picture on Facebook, and apparently had lunch there yesterday. But the person gave no details. I'm curious what kind of food is offered for lunch and breakfast. As for crowding in Waves, I imagine that will slack off.  Embarkation day is a little crazy.  Does Waves still have a few lunch time side dishes you can start on while waiting for your sandwich or whatever?

Aquamar is table service.  You can do takeout too. It never seems busy. I tried it on Vista. Not for me. I prefer Waves. Waves is often crowded. Waves has gone to table service. You don’t have to wait in a line to order.  

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I tried it on Vista. Not for me

Nor me. I'd rather have indulgent and decadent than healthy. Which is why I'm a short fat man, instead of being a short man. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Aquamar is table service.  You can do takeout too. It never seems busy. I tried it on Vista. Not for me. I prefer Waves. Waves is often crowded. Waves has gone to table service. You don’t have to wait in a line to order.  

You can order take out?  To eat in your room, on a lounger at the pool, to take on a long excursion, or whatever/wherever?  Or do you just take your meal to the Terrace, out back, to join your Terrace-loving travel partner?

3 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

You can order take out?  To eat in your room, on a lounger at the pool, to take on a long excursion, or whatever/wherever?  Or do you just take your meal to the Terrace, out back, to join your Terrace-loving travel partner?

You're not allowed to take it off the ship in most ports, so that one is out. Found that a little interesting concept also for a cruise ship. I guess you just take it wherever you want. 

2 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

You can order at both Aquamar or Waves and they will give you a number to place at your table/lounger, etc and the servers will bring the food to you. (just tell them where you will be)...or you can wait and take the food with you to wherever you want. (Most countries do not allow you to take food off the ship).  We often would get something from Aquamar and eat on the back deck of Terrace.

19 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Passenger update: there are 500+ new to  Oceania cruisers on this cruise!

Not at all sure what this means?

All of those marketing materials/mailings/magazine ads -- must be working.  Also, from reading here on CC, many X, HAL, Princess refugees.

Thanks for your posts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Passenger update: there are 500+ new to  Oceania cruisers on this cruise!

Not at all sure what this means?

What's typical?

8 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

That won't work for excursions since you can't take food off the ship in most counties.  Why would you take it to you cabin when you can order room service...........

• Like 2

On 5/19/2024 at 12:52 PM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Here's someone else's picture of the new Aquamar Kitchen.   

aquamar kitchen.jpg

It might "look" like a buffet - but it is not.....these are the items that the chefs/cooks have at their disposal to prepare salads, wraps, smoothies......etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Harters said:

Nor me. I'd rather have indulgent and decadent than healthy. Which is why I'm a short fat man, instead of being a short man. 

I agree with both of you....we tried it twice on the Vista......the avocado toast had NO taste.....wrap was also lacking in flavor.  But TONS of people seem to love it!  I guess I am just not destined to ever choose "healthy" over a good old cheeseburger or ham sandwich! lol.....but glad that so many are happy with this new addition!  Still enough unhealthy options for the rest of us onboard!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Why would you take it to you cabin when you can order room service...........

Different menus? Just a thought since we don't like to eat in our room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Thanks for the updates … my quick question:

Are there any USB ports in any of the suites or do I need to bring a charger? 
We will be in a vista suite July 6th.

No USBs in old (non-refurbished) cabin on Marina. Don’t know about Vista but am addumning new ship so must be.