The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 22nd, 2024

Good hot and sunny afternoon. I hope we hear from @ger_77that everything went well today. 
I had a message from the vet that Houdini’s cremains are ready to come home. 🐾💔

We have containers of Milano cookies from  Pepperidge Farm to share with all the caring and loving staff. ❤️🐾

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Recorded Johnny Carson’s last show 32 years ago on a VCR tape. Anyone have a video player so I can see it?

Good luck with finding a VCR.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

...I had a message from the vet that Houdini’s cremains are ready to come home. 🐾💔

We have containers of Milano cookies from  Pepperidge Farm to share with all the caring and loving staff. ❤️🐾

Hugs @1ANGELCAT 🐾💔❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from an increasingly cloudy central Texas.  It looks like the rain will be here about 5 pm and will be off and on tonight and into the morning.  We are under a tornado watch, but that is typical of thunderstorms this time of year.

I finally called W-M about my prescription, and even though the web-site said they were filling it, they weren't.  The lady said they could have it ready in 30-45 minutes, and I said I'd be there in 45 to 60 minutes.  I wanted to get there and back before the bad weather arrived which was supposed to be about 2 or 3.  If I hadn't called, I'd probably still be waiting.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Super photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Johnny Carson Quotes

Johnny Carson Quote | Thanksgiving quotes, How to memorize things, Johnny  carson

Democracy is welcoming people from other lands, and giving them something  to hold onto. Usually a

Johnny Carson Quote: Despite The Fact That Computer Speeds, 51% OFF

Johnny Carson Quote: Despite The Fact That Computer Speeds, 59% OFF

Johnny Carson Quote: Despite The Fact That Computer Speeds, 59% OFF

Johnny Carson Quote: As You All Know By Now, This Is The, 50% OFF

Johnny Carson quote: Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together  without...

Great quotes from Johnny.  Thank you, John.

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thank you to all for the daily news.  I'm praying for all those in need of my bit of intercession today, Gerry's DH, Tana, Jacqui, Pennie, et al.  

It poured all day yesterday, it looks a little bit nicer today, but still overcast.  I'm lucky I took a picture of my first peony the day before, as it's probably water-logged by now!  This is the peony that had two different colours of flowers last year, so I'll see what it will do this year.

IMG_5117.thumb.jpeg.7fde045777a7e82f12805c13bb365a0e.jpeg

We have been to SD many times connected with cruises, and twice on driving trips.  My DD cousin and her DH  - also DD now, once took us to the Wild Animal Park, which is the most amazing place - the way every zoo should be.  The enclosures for the animals are huge, we also had the good fortune to have a walk with a cheetah and her friend, a dog.   It is out of town, but well worth a visit!

P1020835.thumb.JPG.f154359cd55fa1e6a24a717ef3a601ce.JPG

P1020863.thumb.JPG.8349b6daead1df146f43ad1a2a0e32ec.JPG

P1020860.thumb.JPG.7763cbb845e980bce7a834fb7d7ce2ab.JPG

P1020872.thumb.JPG.6ef54589f46d43c6b38dcad9a8aa202c.JPG

P1020867.thumb.JPG.9160329593f92ca773b08be3c744e00f.JPG

P1020852.thumb.JPG.00ff0482db5954afc6e847c790beb275.JPG

P1020883.thumb.JPG.482ba5a53ffc27cd882c3ae0de770593.JPG

Thanks for the flower picture and the animal part pictures, Ann.  I've wanted to go to the animal park, but we've never made it.

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I have a busy day ahead. I am picking up DGS at noon on his last day of kindergarten. We are baking our mini murphs from Papa Murphy’s and off to miniature golf. I had a surprise this morning when I ran into a couple I met on the Volendam who were here visiting grandchildren and picking up Papa Murphys too. It really is a small world. 

Here is a picture of the grands. Luke is all ears and teeth so excited to finish kindergarten. IMG_5697.thumb.jpeg.0d80b961cf85dccca536d759da105303.jpegIMG_5696.thumb.jpeg.15afaca6ec27a6100493c3d510ca7029.jpeg

Lorraine, thanks for the pictures of your grandson and granddaughter.  Cute kids.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@ger_77 praying all goes well today! 
@kazu I am so sorry to hear your news!  Foot infections can be so nasty, I’m hoping you get some improvement soon!  When DH had foot surgery his surgeon wouldn’t even allow him to swim in the ocean a month later just in case.   

And yikes, poor Ivan, nothing scarier.  I am hoping he is okay, poor guy! I am so over these entitled people,  our elderly lab was attacked by a standard poodle and the owner was ridiculous.  
beautiful

San Diego 

IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2804.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

IMG_2789.jpeg

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

Great pictures, Brenda.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Debbie!  Labs done, cinnamon rolls baked.  You'd think we were going to be away for a week with the amount of food we're bringing for those boys.

Waiting now to hear lab results -- because of the GANZ it's been 9 months since my last A1C instead of 6.  I tried to be good on the cruise.....we'll see. 

Edited to add that the Hemogram results just came in (they're fast!)  All in the normal range.  

Carolyn, glad the test results were all normal.  Enjoy your getaway with the DGSs.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good hot and sunny afternoon. I hope we hear from @ger_77that everything went well today. 
I had a message from the vet that Houdini’s cremains are ready to come home. 🐾💔

Hugs!

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Recorded Johnny Carson’s last show 32 years ago on a VCR tape. Anyone have a video player so I can see it?

RNB, I'm sure we have a few VCRs around here, but I don't know if they are hooked up.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon, 

It's overcast and breezy but it's better than the rain we had yesterday! Friday is the next day with rain predicted. Thankfully tomorrow is supposed to be decent because I'm heading across the border to visit DM. She's almost 98 and a going concern. She has several errands for us to do and then go out for lunch. She's very independent! 

Today was a quick morning and had to head to town for the pool. I got in the water at 9:20 and out at noon. The first class is an energetic aerobics class and the second is an arthritis class with about 30 minutes between them. I really enjoy both of them and I should sleep tonight! I stopped and put gas in the car and then stopped at Starbucks and got $5.00 gift cards for my grads. 

The rest of the day is getting everything ready to take to BC tomorrow, doing a load of laundry, and trying to make order out of my chaos. I'll leave about 9:00 tomorrow morning and probably not home until 8:00 tomorrow night. 

@ger_77 Hope all is going well with Maurice

@kazu Take care of yourself and Ivan! 

Karen

• Like 16

Just popping in quickly to post… blessings sent early early for Maurice Care Team and Gerry. It never gets any easier waiting through procedures, walking alongside our loved ones!  Will check in later. m—

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

I brought a new VCR years ago when Best Buy put them on sell for $25! It is still in the box!

You should have bought 4 of them. 
I’m worried about DVDs becoming obsolete, we have around 500 DVD movies plus a bunch of old TV series from the 50s and 60s, we have 4 new DVD players in boxes. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

A bit of good news today.  DH's new passport arrived today, but without the passport card.  They are probably sending it separately.  This was a real fast turnaround.  The application was mailed on May 7 and received at the acceptance center on May 9, which means it took about two weeks. 

My passport and passport card are taking a bit longer, but that is due to my losing the passport card.  When that happens, once the loss is reported, the card and the passport are canceled immediately.  Then, you have to fill out an application for a new passport and card instead of a renewal.  I know they received the application on May 8 and are going over the paperwork.  So patience is the order of the day.

38 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

It's overcast and breezy but it's better than the rain we had yesterday! Friday is the next day with rain predicted. Thankfully tomorrow is supposed to be decent because I'm heading across the border to visit DM. She's almost 98 and a going concern. She has several errands for us to do and then go out for lunch. She's very independent! 

Today was a quick morning and had to head to town for the pool. I got in the water at 9:20 and out at noon. The first class is an energetic aerobics class and the second is an arthritis class with about 30 minutes between them. I really enjoy both of them and I should sleep tonight! I stopped and put gas in the car and then stopped at Starbucks and got $5.00 gift cards for my grads. 

The rest of the day is getting everything ready to take to BC tomorrow, doing a load of laundry, and trying to make order out of my chaos. I'll leave about 9:00 tomorrow morning and probably not home until 8:00 tomorrow night. 

@ger_77 Hope all is going well with Maurice

@kazu Take care of yourself and Ivan! 

Karen

Karen, safe travels tomorrow.  

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

You should have bought 4 of them. 
I’m worried about DVDs becoming obsolete, we have around 500 DVD movies plus a bunch of old TV series from the 50s and 60s, we have 4 new DVD players in boxes. 

& we have a whole ton of LP's but no record player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

You can still buy record players.

Yeah but it's time to down-size --- if we haven't played them in 37 years I don't think we need a record player.  :-).

• Like 5

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

3 good days to recognize. Meh on the quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink and yes to the wine. I've been to San Diego on a land trip many years ago. I used to watch Carson all the time.

It's warm and sunny, although storms were supposed to start this afternoon. Yesterday when I got home after the long day, I started feeling odd.  My arms felt heavy and then I started seeing spots in front of my eyes and felt faint. I even put my head down toward my knees, which helped.  I hadn't eaten much of anything all day other than coffee. So I added Liquid IV to a bottle of water, thinking the electrolytes would help. Then I ate something. I felt better the rest of the evening. I went to bed and was out quickly, then awakened around 2am with a dreaded thigh muscle cramp, which I massaged, and finally fell back asleep until 7:30. Then on awakening, I felt my left eye was having a uveitis flare, as it was red and sensitive to light. This AM I took some groceries to DH's house, before heading to the hospital. He was discharged early afternoon. He's never had any major surgery before, and the pain he's feeling is a surprise to him. I did a few things around his house, and now am home. I will rest tomorrow, and go visit him on Friday.

So sad to hear of the tornado damage and loss of life.

@ger_77 Prayers for Maurice that his procedure was successful.

@kazu I hope the surgeon can come up with a diagnosis and treatment plan. OMG about Ivan being attacked by another dog! I hope Ivan is ok, physically and psychologically.

@rafinmd I hope your Cardiology consult went ok.

@ottahand7 Oh my on your poor DB being on antibiotics since his knee replacement. Once "hardware" gets infected, it usually needs to be removed to get rid of the infection.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely photos from San Diego. Enjoy your tour of Omaha Beaches; I found it very moving.

@GTVCRUISER Great photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Excellent photos.

@Nickelpenny Yes, plates and screws for the tib/fib. The surgeon is a trauma surgeon, so I have high hopes for a good recovery and have told BFF he must obey the rules.

@Vict0riann That animal park looks like a great place.

@cruising sister The grandkids are adorable.

@bennybear Gorgeous San Diego photos. 

@Cruising-along Great photo of you two with the boys! Have a great time.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Yeah but it's time to down-size --- if we haven't played them in 37 years I don't think we need a record player.  :-).

And then there were these.

IMG_0030.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

And then there were these.

I gave away my turntable and LP records when I was moving from Boston to Oklahoma in 1999. I gather that CDs and CD players are now considered hopelessly outdated, too, although LPs have developed a cult following.

• Like 6

Actually, at 84 I am hopelessly outdated also, but it doesn't bother me.  I have a small Panasonic CD player on my desk and a large number of cds that I converted from LPs a few years ago and they are all I need when I need to have some background music.

Today was a good day.  A little over a week ago I decided to get an eye exam and new glasses as it has been about three years.  Went to the Costco eye clinic and made an appointment for 11 June to have the eyes examined.  The next day I received an email from VA stating that they would cover both the exam and glasses for disabled vets.  Finally contacted them and got an appointment for sometime in September at a local eye clinic.  Went to see them this morning and got it changed to 10 June.  Then went to Costco to cancel the existing one.  Talked to the lady there and she said that the clinic I am using is a very good one.  Of course I can't leave Costco without buying something, and tried a sample of their spiral ham.  It was $15. off the marked price.  So I bought a $21. one and paid $6. for it.  Talked to the checkout person and she said some people were buying 5 or 6 of them.  Got home, thought about it, and went back and bought three more for about $12, or $4. each.  As I said, it was a good day.

Ray

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Long day today-the kittens played all day, and are now sound asleep.  Turnip sleeps on the wicker sofa, two are now sleeping in the cat barrel and Jersey sleeps with her momma.  I worked 3 hours with the California campaign, got a sale within the first hour, and another in the second hour, and close but no banana for the third hour.  I took an hour off, and then put in my 5 hours with the Ohio campaign, and got two sales so for me, not a bad day.  But thankful for not having to work for commission, as it pays low for both campaigns.

Same hours for tomorrow and then I will be off on Friday!  We are going to either go to a museum or a walk in the park.  Come home and make spaghetti with italian sausage, but I have no idea what we will eat tomorrow.  My old schedule would have allowed me time to make a decent meal, tonight i made some veggie nachos, and gelato.  I was hoping to make shrimp curry with veggies tomorrow...Guess that will be a Saturday meal, and yes I am working on Memorial Day, and yes, people told me to call them on Memorial Day.

80dfa737e126ccd1dc65321334c7feec.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have one too which can covert video tapes onto DVDs.

Yes, mine does that, too. I think I've only done that once (right after we got it).

I really should convert a tape every so often🫣

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

The sound is truly different coming from vinyl than digital. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Actually, at 84 I am hopelessly outdated also, but it doesn't bother me.  I have a small Panasonic CD player on my desk and a large number of cds that I converted from LPs a few years ago and they are all I need when I need to have some background music.

Today was a good day.  A little over a week ago I decided to get an eye exam and new glasses as it has been about three years.  Went to the Costco eye clinic and made an appointment for 11 June to have the eyes examined.  The next day I received an email from VA stating that they would cover both the exam and glasses for disabled vets.  Finally contacted them and got an appointment for sometime in September at a local eye clinic.  Went to see them this morning and got it changed to 10 June.  Then went to Costco to cancel the existing one.  Talked to the lady there and she said that the clinic I am using is a very good one.  Of course I can't leave Costco without buying something, and tried a sample of their spiral ham.  It was $15. off the marked price.  So I bought a $21. one and paid $6. for it.  Talked to the checkout person and she said some people were buying 5 or 6 of them.  Got home, thought about it, and went back and bought three more for about $12, or $4. each.  As I said, it was a good day.

Ray

Congrats on the ham score and eye exam 👏 

Even if the freezer is bulging, I find a way to fit really good meat deals - which that ham was. I hope it's tasty!!

• Like 5