Labadee Status - Celebrity has cancelled all port calls until at least April 2025. Any emails from RC this far out?

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

I have taken many excursions in Jamaica while docked in Falmouth....some of them that have taken us through the area right outside the port area in downtown Falmouth.

Huh???!!!  Wasn't this your post #67?   🤔

There is absolutely nothing in Falmouth that would ever make me want to venture outside the gates for.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

There is absolutely nothing in Falmouth that would ever make me want to venture outside the gates for.

Many great things to do in Jamaica, but agree we have no interest in wandering the town of Falmouth.  Of course some people would say the same for Ocho Rios and MoBay and we have many fond memories of port stops there.  Our first Caribbean vacation was a week in Ocho Rios mid-90's, it was a fantastic vacation. 🙂

• Like 2

22 hours ago, island lady said:

Meaning in Falmouth itself. I have done many excursions in Jamaica.

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Anyone know what they subbed Labadee for on the 6 nights sailings on Adventure in October for?

According to the app the ship is still going to Labadee. Obviously that isn’t going to happen, but at least according to the app they have not updated the itinerary yet. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:20 AM, bouhunter said:

You would cancel a cruise just because it isn't going to Labadee?

I would. Unpopular opinion, but we choose our cruises based on itinerary. We are on the Adventure sailing for March 1 that has Labadee, Cocoa Cay and Falmouth. We booked it for the 2 private islands. I wouldn't fault Royal at all for cancelling Labadee, but if we get a sea day or an undesirable port, we will cancel. I booked with a refundable deposit, so I hope they let us know by Dec 1. We normally end up cruising Carnival, so I haven't been to Cocoa Cay since 2013 before they revamped it. Hoping we get Grand Turk or Grand Cayman. 🤞

• Like 1

Our daughters and granddaughters first cruise ever will be on our 4 day on Indy on Dec 4.  We are hoping that Labadee is sorted by then and we get to go.  We have been once and really enjoyed it.  Cococay is not an option for our scheduled day as there are 2 ships in port already.  If we do port in Jamaica we likely WILL NOT get off the ship, especially if it is Ocho Rios.  We ported there on Grandeur last year and there is no way in h__l we'd set foot there with our daughter or granddaughter.  Just an awful experience.  That said we don't blame RCCL one single bit for these potential changes, it happens.  It would be nice to have some sort of decision made relatively soon though. 

• 1 month later...

It is interesting that Celebrity has cancelled port calls to Labadee through April 2025, however RC still has excursions to purchase for November 2024. I wonder when RC will inform their customers?

1 minute ago, MitchellZ said:

It is interesting that Celebrity has cancelled port calls to Labadee through April 2025, however RC still has excursions to purchase for November 2024. I wonder when RC will inform their customers?

Celebrity has so few stops there though.

2 hours ago, MitchellZ said:

I wonder when RC will inform their customers?

Same. They announced in early May that sailings were cancelled through September, so I thought we'd hear in early August about Q4 2024.  Doesn't seem right that they're still selling "Labadee" stops for 2024 when I assume they know they won't be going back this year.

I had final pymt due 8/3 for a Nov cruise, and I decided to skip it.  Didn't want to risk a sea day or Nassau. 

On 7/3/2024 at 9:00 AM, bouhunter said:

Many great things to do in Jamaica, but agree we have no interest in wandering the town of Falmouth.  Of course some people would say the same for Ocho Rios and MoBay and we have many fond memories of port stops there.  Our first Caribbean vacation was a week in Ocho Rios mid-90's, it was a fantastic vacation. 🙂

Totally agree ,loved Ocho Rios , ten times better than Falmouth. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, George C said:

Totally agree ,loved Ocho Rios , ten times better than Falmouth. 

I agree about Ocho Rios. We had a great visit there. I also never had an issue with the "street vendors" who were offering to sell their "wares". They quickly moved on with a simple "no thanks."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RW_MI said:

Same. They announced in early May that sailings were cancelled through September, so I thought we'd hear in early August about Q4 2024.  Doesn't seem right that they're still selling "Labadee" stops for 2024 when I assume they know they won't be going back this year.

I had final pymt due 8/3 for a Nov cruise, and I decided to skip it.  Didn't want to risk a sea day or Nassau. 

I received an e-mail a few weeks ago saying our cruise in March 2025 is now going to Puerto Plata instead of Labadee. Not a big deal to me since I have been to the vast majority of ports in the Caribbean at least a half dozen times. I have been to Nassau around 60 times and I still get off the ship and enjoy the port most times we stop there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I received an e-mail a few weeks ago saying our cruise in March 2025 is now going to Puerto Plata instead of Labadee. Not a big deal to me since I have been to the vast majority of ports in the Caribbean at least a half dozen times. I have been to Nassau around 60 times and I still get off the ship and enjoy the port most times we stop there. 

Dang, I'm still waiting to hear from RC for my February 2025 cruise!  I'm overly curious to find out if there's an itinerary change.  I'd be happy with an extra sea day! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RW_MI said:

"Risk" a sea day?  A lot of us love sea days and as for Nassau, it's a great day to stay onboard and relax.

18 hours ago, BND said:

"Risk" a sea day?  A lot of us love sea days and as for Nassau, it's a great day to stay onboard and relax.

Well, it's a 9 day cruise and already has four sea days.  My personal preference, especially on a small ship, is a port-intensive itinerary.  I normally wouldn't have booked this to begin with but I wanted to go back to the ABC's and I wanted to see Labadee (haven't been).  

To each their own - this just isn't right for me at this time.

7 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

Well, it's a 9 day cruise and already has four sea days.  My personal preference, especially on a small ship, is a port-intensive itinerary.  I normally wouldn't have booked this to begin with but I wanted to go back to the ABC's and I wanted to see Labadee (haven't been).  

To each their own - this just isn't right for me at this time.

Well, you are always at "risk" for a port to be replaced by a sea day or another port for a variety of reasons.  We never book for a specific port.  

According to the Future Cruise rep that I talked to on Celebrity, Labadee is safe, but the public perception of Haiti is keeping the ships away.

If that is the case, it could be a long time before the port is used again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RC Dancers said:

According to the Future Cruise rep that I talked to on Celebrity, Labadee is safe, but the public perception of Haiti is keeping the ships away.

If that is the case, it could be a long time before the port is used again.

You mean someone who sits at a computer and talks to clients on the phone and doesn't know anything about what is discussed higher up?  It's a bit more than public perception.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BND said:

You mean someone who sits at a computer and talks to clients on the phone and doesn't know anything about what is discussed higher up?  It's a bit more than public perception.

You are of course entitled to your opinions, I was stating what I was told.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BND said:

The captain on Adventure (specifically on the first cruise that got rerouted after Labadee was closed) said the exact same thing. Perception, not actual threat.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 8:41 AM, island lady said:

Last time we were there we hired a pedicab (they book them at a small booth inside the gates) for $25 for the two of us, and the driver took us all around Falmouth while doing an excellent narrative about the history of the town. Worthwhile experience.

• Like 1