Share Dining Credit

This is the current breakdown of our dining credits from what was included with our balcony and interior cabins and the upgrades we purchased.

Balcony:

me - 4 (2 included, 2 purchased thru an upgrade offer)

stepdaughter - 4 (2 included, 2 purchased thru an upgrade offer)

Interior:

DH - 1 (1 included)

friend - 3 (1 included, 2 purchased thru an upgrade offer)

Can we share these credits? I would have tried to make them even but I haven’t seen anywhere to buy just one credit. 

Thank you for any insight you can offer. 

see if you can the 2 purchased dinners that your friend bought then buy the 3 dinner for both the friend and DH....as others have said, they are not interchangeable

Posted (edited)

While you can’t transfer credits, tapas style restaurants like Food Republic allow you to order 4 items per credit and share with the table.  Usually 4 credits is enough food for 2 people.  I would recommend using yours and your step daughters 4th credit at Food Republic if it’s on the ship.  This would allow all 4 to eat from the 8 items.

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

While you can’t transfer credits, tapas style restaurants like Food Republic allow you to order 4 items per credit and share with the table.  Usually 4 credits is enough food for 2 people.  I would recommend using yours and your step daughters 4th credit at Food Republic if it’s on the ship.  This would allow all 4 to eat from the 8 items.

That’s a great tip. We did not try Food Republic on our first NCL, so looking to try new ones this time. 

16 minutes ago, Willwork4cruises said:

That’s a great tip. We did not try Food Republic on our first NCL, so looking to try new ones this time. 

Check the Food Republic menu before making your decision. There is nothing on that menu that interests me enough to spend a credit on. 

• Haha 1

on our last cruise, it was 17 days rio to lisbon. we bought the 5 extra dinner package giving us 10 for the cruise. we met a nice couple in rio who was sailing onthe same cruise. on the next to last day we still had 2 free dinners, we asked the maitre'd and the concierge, if we could use the other 2 dinners for this couple. there was no problem, so the 4 of us went to cagneys with no charge

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, complawyer said:

on our last cruise, it was 17 days rio to lisbon. we bought the 5 extra dinner package giving us 10 for the cruise. we met a nice couple in rio who was sailing onthe same cruise. on the next to last day we still had 2 free dinners, we asked the maitre'd and the concierge, if we could use the other 2 dinners for this couple. there was no problem, so the 4 of us went to cagneys with no charge

That was nice of them but I wouldn’t expect it. Prices go down the more you buy, so if it was allowed, it would make sense to share. I could buy a 14 meal plan for $469 and my family of 7 could have 2 specialty meals, if purchased individually it would be around $700.

it's my impression  (and only my impression ) that as long as the dinners are paid for, why would ncl care who is using them. we got 3 because it was a 17 day cruise, 2 because we're diamond, and the other 5 we paid for. ncl lost nothing by letting us use the last free dinner for the other couple.

13 minutes ago, complawyer said:

ncl lost nothing by letting us use the last free dinner for the other couple.

I'm quite surprised they allowed it. They "lost" on the fact that you otherwise would have not eaten 2 of your meals. And they "lost" the revenue of the other couple buying their 2 meals. Like mjk said, it's nice they did that, but I wouldn't expect it.

they didnt lose anything, the meals were already paid for so why would they even care if we ate or didnt eat, and the other couple didnt have anymore freebies, and would have probably eaten in either of the 2 mdr's or the buffet, it was just like treating y our friends for dinner, same same

14 minutes ago, complawyer said:

they didnt lose anything

Of course, you are technically correct. What I should have said is that they didn't receive the gain of you not eating 2 meals, and them buying 2 meals.

Same same

4 hours ago, Willwork4cruises said:

This is the current breakdown of our dining credits from what was included with our balcony and interior cabins and the upgrades we purchased.

Balcony:

me - 4 (2 included, 2 purchased thru an upgrade offer)

stepdaughter - 4 (2 included, 2 purchased thru an upgrade offer)

Interior:

DH - 1 (1 included)

friend - 3 (1 included, 2 purchased thru an upgrade offer)

Can we share these credits? I would have tried to make them even but I haven’t seen anywhere to buy just one credit. 

Thank you for any insight you can offer. 

No they sre not shsrable no matter if you got them THROUGH upgrade, FAS, or outright purchase.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

it's my impression  (and only my impression ) that as long as the dinners are paid for, why would ncl care who is using them. we got 3 because it was a 17 day cruise, 2 because we're diamond, and the other 5 we paid for. ncl lost nothing by letting us use the last free dinner for the other couple.

Your example is more of an exception than the rule. Towards the end of the cruise, there's more leniency with these sort of things.

As explained above, the reason that sharing isn't generally allowed (even when purchased) is because the cost per meal goes down as the number of meals goes up. One person buying 12 meals and dividing with three other people is less expensive than if all four each bought a 3SDP. NCL would lose money if the one person bought 12 meals and shared.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

we asked the maitre'd and the concierge, if we could use the other 2 dinners for this couple. there was no problem, so the 4 of us went to cagneys with no charge

I'm guessing you got special treatment, based upon your posts in the tipping threads.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

fyi, i was looking for special treatment of any type, i didnt offer my usual vegas handshake, all i wanted to do was treat the other couple to dinner. it didnt seem to be a problem, and it wasnt difficult to accomplish. maybe you are all correct, and i just got lucky

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, step78 said:

We‘d share Credits sometime, it works! Once the waiter told us to share. Cause two of the ppl had no credit. 

It's understood that many people have shared without an issue. However, many people have been denied and the guests without a SDP were charged the full cost.

When the question comes up on the forum, it's best to make it clear that sharing or transferring a meal package is not allowed. If the server allows it or looks the other way, that's fine but it shouldn't be expected to happen every time.

"SDPs are personal (per person, e.g., 2 guests cannot share 1 SDP meal) and non-transferable (guests cannot give their SDP meals to someone else). " - Terms & Conditions

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zqvol said:

Check the Food Republic menu before making your decision. There is nothing on that menu that interests me enough to spend a credit on. 

We dined at Food Republic  on our last cruise.  We won't be doing that again.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Willwork4cruises said:

Food Republic is one of our go-to restaurants and will normally have lunch there once or twice a cruise. (We ate there twice last week). 

Edited by BirdTravels