Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

15 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Agree with you!  We had an IT manager at our table once and it was obviously a painful experience for him.  He seemed very shy and uncomfortable.  Funny,  he got a phone call about halfway through lunch, left the table to answer it, came back and apologized that he had to leave.  I guess there was an IT emergency🤣

Sherri🙂

We had the IT manager on Serenade once and he was amazing. A great sense of humor, amplified by the very drunk woman in the RS who had complained that she hadn't been invited to dine with the Captain, so they threw her and her husband into the Pinnacle lunch. And a pair of techies who asked intelligent, not "the internet sucks" type questions. And us - we just provided straight man/woman coverage, lol.

• Like 1

We did the Harmony inaugural TA that welcomed the ship to the US. They had a photo op near the port of Miami with her two younger sisters - Oasis & Allure, If memory serves me right (?) there were close to 500 P's on board (at least it felt like that)!!!!!

TA's and President's Cruises always have a ton on P's............and December (before the holidays) and January usually have big numbers too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nelblu said:

Not sure that is an IT issue.  Do you get notified either from the Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge of your on-board benefits.  

Actually, we receive an email from the Suite Concierge about a week prior to every sailing letting us know what to expect and asking if there is anything they can do for us - even when we are on a B3B and the second and third Concierge emails arrive while we are on board. We also occasionally receive an email from the LA on those same cruises informing us that because of the high number of Pin and Suite guests we will not have access to the Suite Lounge.😇 😱🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those number in post 451 are crazy! 

Not just all about the lounge access as  large numbers affect others areas.  On our  last TA - (Fall 2023 - Amsterdam/Iceland/Greenland/Canada/New York) on Jewel,  P's  were restricted from Specialty Breakfast in Chops (unless of course in a suite).   They created a section on the top level of the MDR for Pinnacle breakfast. 

I honesty can't recall if there was a  top group or no P;s were allowed in the SL, as we never went. And sorry - I don't recall the counts.  Didn't even go for coffee as I need decaf, and I was told  the SL machine had none.  I recall they gave us (and maybe others?) a daily non alcohol coffee voucher to use in Cafe Latitudes.

M

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

P's  were restricted from Specialty Breakfast in Chops (unless of course in a suite).   They created a section on the top level of the MDR for Pinnacle breakfast. 

Same thing on our 28 night Panama Canal RT on Serenade last November - very Pin heavy cruise, breakfast was in the MDR, and they used the entire Viking Crown lounge as the Pinnacle lounge.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Same thing on our 28 night Panama Canal RT on Serenade last November - very Pin heavy cruise, breakfast was in the MDR, and they used the entire Viking Crown lounge as the Pinnacle lounge.

That is how it is on the WC right now as well.   Only Pinnies on the full WC (all 274 nights) are allowed into the CL.  There is 41 of them. 

Anyone in a GS and above welcome as well, no matter what length they are on.  The CL on first quarter was really empty.  Same 6-8 of us in each night.  

Chops for breakfast for GS and above only.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is how it is on the WC right now as well.   Only Pinnies on the full WC (all 274 nights) are allowed into the CL.  There is 41 of them. 

Do the full WC Pinnies that opted out of the Africa segment still count as full WCers?

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Do the full WC Pinnies that opted out of the Africa segment still count as full WCers?

Not sure.  We disembarked as scheduled in LA on Feb. 10th.   Also not sure which ones are coming back or not.  

Will be interesting to see what...if anything...has changed when we board again in Barcelona on July 10th for last quarter back to Miami on Sept. 10th.  

When we disembarked in Feb., the WC had not made any official changes as to opting out of the Suez Canal.  We had zero interest in doing that area, thus had booked to bail and rejoin later, just doing half of the WC.     

19 hours ago, clochette said:

I do not have anything about silver sea in my profile just shows Royal and celebrity.

Did you read post #449 with success or do you need further explanation?

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 12:31 PM, island lady said:

Ironically Viking has the bulk of our cruising money now...and they don't have a loyalty program.  Go figure.  😉 

Decided to move a B2B on Adventure out beyond April 2026 (when the next batch of itineraries comes out) and replace them with a B2B on Ascent for March 2026. 11night Panama Canal and ABC islands followed by a 10 night Southern to Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts. Saved a few $$$$ to boot😅

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2024 at 4:22 PM, Tlbecker1 said:

I agree 100%.  We actually had the Classic drink package and still had issues getting drinks between 5-7.

I'm going to see how this goes on the 4 night my sister (Gold C&A status) and I have booked later this year.  If they balk at me ordering a drink between 5-7 because I could get it in the CC HH, I just tell them I cannot take my sister with me, so please bring me a drink here!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Did you read post #449 with success or do you need further explanation?

Still don't see it, I already had matching status with celebrity and when I go to my loyalty I see both Royal and celebrity but no silver sea

On 6/8/2024 at 12:09 PM, orville99 said:

DW and I just received our emails welcoming us to the Silversea Venetian Society - still crickets from RCL.😇

Aren't you already Pinnacle?  I imagine there is nothing they think they need to let you know about.  The sister companies have done that.

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Aren't you already Pinnacle?  I imagine there is nothing they think they need to let you know about.  The sister companies have done that.

Think about it from a purely business perspective. Pinnacle benefits from the match increased substantially - from Elite to Zenith. Why would a company not want to let its most loyal customers know that? Had I not already been a Celebrity member, who was supposed to tell me that my cruise options just got better other than RCL. It's not a difficult concept.🙄

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Decided to move a B2B on Adventure out beyond April 2026 (when the next batch of itineraries comes out) and replace them with a B2B on Ascent for March 2026. 11night Panama Canal and ABC islands followed by a 10 night Southern to Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts. Saved a few $$$$ to boot😅

Nice!!   Sounds like a great plan!!  🤗   We are on Adventure B2B end of Oct. 2025, picking up another freebie certificate on that one.  🙂 

From Dec. 2025 to May 2026 in planning mode, except for 2/28, 3/7/26 Apex B2B to cruise with Gary and Mary (Cruise Wizard).  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Think about it from a purely business perspective. Pinnacle benefits from the match increased substantially - from Elite to Zenith. Why would a company not want to let its most loyal customers know that? Had I not already been a Celebrity member, who was supposed to tell me that my cruise options just got better other than RCL. It's not a difficult concept.🙄

But the corporation knows who belongs to both loyalty programs and Celebrity notified you of the benefits you would now get as a Zenith. As it is not a difficult concept, how many emails do you need?🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Pinnacle Zenith get different colored sea pass card (blue) than original Zenith guests on Celebrity. Was just told by a friend who cruises since 6 June with X

Probably to sort them out when too many Retreat guests onboard?

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, clochette said:

Still don't see it, I already had matching status with celebrity and when I go to my loyalty I see both Royal and celebrity but no silver sea

You have to add silver sea. OK, here is what I did, step by step:

Click your Royal app and see your page for your next cruise.

Swipe left to see your loyalty status, not the bonus one.

Click on the loyalty status square.

Click on Loyalty Match to see your Royal and Celebrity matches.

There should be the info right there below those 2 matches to add Silver Sea.

If that still doesn't work for you, I guess you'll just have to visit the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise to get Silver Sea added. Hope that works for you! Happy cruising!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, island lady said:

We are on Adventure B2B end of Oct. 2025, picking up another freebie certificate on that one.

We get of of an Adventure B3B on 10/19 - pick up another freebie certificate on that one also.😇

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

You have to add silver sea. OK, here is what I did, step by step:

Click your Royal app and see your page for your next cruise.

Swipe left to see your loyalty status, not the bonus one.

Click on the loyalty status square.

Click on Loyalty Match to see your Royal and Celebrity matches.

There should be the info right there below those 2 matches to add Silver Sea.

If that still doesn't work for you, I guess you'll just have to visit the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise to get Silver Sea added. Hope that works for you! Happy cruising!

it seems that my app has not upgraded to the new tiers when I look at it it shows that the match to Celebrity from Diamond to pinnacle is all elite on celebrity so not showing the new matches, and there is no silver sea available.  Oh well Royal IT at its best.

• Like 1