Final Folio

We have always received our final folio whilst waiting in the lounge to disembark. After our last cruise, around Australia on Coral Princess- 26 days- we did not receive anything. Fortunately, I had printed out a folio before disembarking. Credit card bill matched what I’d printed out.

Surprisingly, totally out of the blue, I have received the final folio , by email, this morning. We disembarked on 26th. March and today is 2nd June. No discrepancies but something is not right for Princess to take just under ten weeks to send it !!!

• Like 1

I have had a very similar experience. On Caribbean Princess in late March/early April. Received a folio statement last week (also nothing on disembarkation). Have also received a random interim folio again this morning which shows the first couple of days statement. I imagine it's just a glitch between ship and land systems maybe. Keeping an eye on my credit card statement just in case though!!

Sounds like before we go to bed on that last night we need to review our final folio ourselves otherwise, wait months, if ever to see what the final bill is.I much prefer what hotels do, they email the final folio to the email on file. 

We’ve recently received some weird final folios after the fact, too.  
We always save a screen print on the last night or morning of disembarkation.  Then, after one of our recent cruises, we didn’t get one.  I made note of that in the post cruise comments on the Princess website and did receive one a couple of weeks later.  All looked fine, but then they sent another one and it was riddled with erroneous charges.  
we had a lot of refundable OBC coming back to us and even though our accounts were combined, I received only half of the expected amount.  So, I asked my CVP to look into this as it was a significant amount.  A few weeks later, I did receive a check for the second half of what was owed to us.  Something seems off with the finance office lately.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

ALWAYS the best course of action....

and even that doesn't always work ... been there, done that, waited in line ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and even that doesn't always work ... been there, done that, waited in line ...

Do you mean you were unable to view it on the App so had to go to goest services?  That is not good.   

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Do you mean you were unable to view it on the App so had to go to goest services?  That is not good.   

nope, sorry - back in the day - went to guest services / printout about 11:00 or so the last night - got printout, all good .... slipped the 'final' folio under the door during the night - with an additional $40 bar charge - we had the BSE2DG at the time, so I know it wasn't valid .  Got it taken off

at GS, but it took awhile for them to look thru the 'paper slips' that used to be generated for drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

nope, sorry - back in the day - went to guest services / printout about 11:00 or so the last night - got printout, all good .... slipped the 'final' folio under the door during the night - with an additional $40 bar charge - we had the BSE2DG at the time, so I know it wasn't valid .  Got it taken off

at GS, but it took awhile for them to look thru the 'paper slips' that used to be generated for drinks.

I remember those good old says when the printed folio was delivered to our cabins.   GASPs could be heard up and down the halls!  😀

Compared to the old days, the whole experience from boarding, while on-board, and disembarkation is so much easier.  Thank you technology!  

• Like 4

On Caribbean Princess in May there were automatic machines to the right and left of the Guest Services desks where you could print your folio anytime.  No waiting in line.  

It took only two weeks after our early April cruise for our final folio to be emailed to us.

Like others, a printed copy & app screenshots from the last night isn’t always the same as the emailed final folio. It’s very frustrating when incorrect charges are added overnight prior to disembarkation. I suspect they know passengers won’t have the time in the morning to contest false charges.

• Like 1