Umbrellas in Cabin? Alaska Cruises Summit

I had one in my cabin but my small travel one is WAY better and fits in the bottom of my back pack.  We got lucky on my cruise and I only needed it for a couple hours in the morning in Juneau.  Otherwise it was sunny and gorgeous but I was prepared!

On our last Celebrity NE/Canada cruise there were two umbrellas in the cabin. One was huge. Two of us could fit under it. The other normal size. Good enough for us. We always pack the small travel size umbrellas. 

We have always had umbrellas in our staterooms.  But layering clothing in Alaska is the key -- the outer layer needs to be waterproof (not water resistant).  Several of the ports tend to be windy (such as Skagway) and the rain can be pounding down at an angle.

I found that the umbrellas were cumbersome to use. I take my rain jacket with a hood and have always been ok with the coverage and didn't have to worry about poking someone's eye out. 

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2024 at 12:32 AM, Nightowl11 said:

Are there umbrellas in the cabin on the Summit for the Alaskan cruises?  Next week, most of the ports will be cold and raining.  Should I pack my own? 

No need to pack one. Go with a rain jacket and otherwise the stores at the ports will have umbrellas for sale if you want one after all. Enjoy your cruise!