Odyssey OTS - March 2025 - New Jersey - 7 Night Perfect Day

Taking the March 16 2025 sailing 7 Night Perfect Day from New Jersey on Odyssey OTS.  Is this a new port for Odyssey?  Anyone have any info on the main dinning room schedule?  Trying to plan for which nights to go to specialty dinning and which restaurants vs. MDR on the new menu.

19 minutes ago, jmedelman said:

Taking the March 16 2025 sailing 7 Night Perfect Day from New Jersey on Odyssey OTS.  Is this a new port for Odyssey?  Anyone have any info on the main dinning room schedule?  Trying to plan for which nights to go to specialty dinning and which restaurants vs. MDR on the new menu.

Odyssey has not yet sailed from Bayonne but take a look at the menus being served on the Symphony for the current sailing as she is doing the exact same itinerary

We will sail on her to the same ports during Thanksgiving 2024. Yes, new port. She is not here yet. You can start checking from November 2024. 7 days menu collections will be pretty standard aside from holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas etc)

45 minutes ago, jmedelman said:

No, she’s simply replacing Anthem and same itinerary. I’ll break on the March 30th sail. 

I'll be bringing her over on the November TA.  🙂

Have brought each Quantum class ship to their inaugural home porting at Cape Liberty; Quantum in 2014, Anthem in 2015, and plan to bring Odyssey in 2024.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jmedelman said:

Do people enjoy this sailing?  What about during the colder winter month of March?

All Q classes were built for cold weather.  Each has an indoor solarium (18+ only) and an indoor pool, except Odyssey.  All have an indoor sportsplex.

I do enjoy as I'm only 25 minutes from the parking lot.  However, the itinerary tends to be boring--Port Canaveral, Nassau & Coco Cay.  If it wasn't for Coco Cay, it would be a total bust.

I sailed Grandeur in November, February, April, Enchantment in March from Baltimore.  Oasis in October, Anthem in December from Cape Liberty.  

It can be cool the first couple and last couple sea days.

3 hours ago, jmedelman said:

Do people enjoy this sailing?  What about during the colder winter month of March?

The itinerary is not great, especially after doing it many times, but sailing from a port you can drive to is great.  We have sailed in the winter months and it can be cold but not a big deal to us since it would be cold if we stayed home.  We have yet to sail when it was snowing, I think that would be fun!

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have yet to sail when it was snowing, I think that would be fun!

Sailed on Grandeur from Baltimore when it was snowing.

Sailed on Norwegian when it was snowing while cruising the Saint Lawrence river.

5 hours ago, jmedelman said:

We have sailed this itinerary several times on Anthem.  Nice for us to drive to Port, about 1.5 hrs for us.   

Usually sail in March for Hubby's birthday.   We have day 1 with people on sundeck and pool or chilly day 1.  By day 2 I'm almost always on the sundeck or pool deck.

IMO, the temps at cococay and bahamas are great this time of year, except you may find Ocean temps a little cool (but refreshing).

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have yet to sail when it was snowing, I think that would be fun!

We did a 12 night out of Baltimore in January a couple years ago and returned to Baltimore in the middle of a snow storm.   It is quite different to see the decks covered in snow and see the crew shoveling the decks.

On 6/9/2024 at 3:32 PM, jmedelman said:

We just did it in March on Anthem of the seas and the weather was correct. A little cold on the return but more than correct on the way down. When we leave NY at was sunny and we were able to wear short. we do it again next March on Odyssey of the Seas

On 6/9/2024 at 4:29 PM, nelblu said:

All Q classes were built for cold weather.  Each has an indoor solarium (18+ only) and an indoor pool, except Odyssey.  All have an indoor sportsplex.

I do enjoy as I'm only 25 minutes from the parking lot.  However, the itinerary tends to be boring--Port Canaveral, Nassau & Coco Cay.  If it wasn't for Coco Cay, it would be a total bust.

Is the solarium on the Odyssey fully enclosed (unlike the Oasis)?  We will be sailing in January. 

We will be on the March 23rd Odyssey cruise out of Bayonne. We like this cruise because the ports are not great, other than Coco Cay, and we can actually take a real "do nothing" vacation!