3 People in Room, Only 2 have Plus Package

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We don't have money to burn. 

We've done Premier package a couple times, and do the fitness classes daily - our kids enjoy them since they are athletes. 

I definitely call getting an $80 pppd package for kids just so that they could do fitness classes daily "having money to burn."

Sorry, but, IMHO, it's just an expensive want, not need. You can spend your money however you want, of course, but there is no need to argue if somebody else thinks that it's unnecessary to spend this kind of money on a kid during a cruise in addition to paying for that kid's cruise fare.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

34 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

No, it came about after a spring break cruise that I was on.  Many of the college students were sharing the package. They caught quite a few of them. 

I'm sure this helped lead to the decision 

I also learned then to make sure that the didn’t put all of our drinks at dinner on my account. After several wines a after dinner drinks I was about to hit 15 by 10:00

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have seen many kids power down numerous sodas and mocktails a day, not exactly occasional 

they may have had their own package. Were you there to witness every single time that an adult shared his package with the kid?

I saw a kiddo telling the Gelato place assistant that he had a Plus package for himself and would like to get 3 of the Premium desserts. The asst informed him that he could only have 2, unless he wanted to get charged for the 3rd. Kid got 2 to share with a friend who didn't have a package. And nobody cared that he was sharing.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Same could be said of the partying adults, sharing the package too. 

You could, but adults usually develop enough brain cells at an older age & realize the consequences of stupid decisions. 

At least the ones we hang with. 

59 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that's different from getting a kid without a package an occasional soda.

No both are breaking the rules. And teaching your child it’s ok to break rules. 

• Like 7

We had this situation when we cruised on the Discovery at the end of April. #1 & #2 in the cabin had Premier, but #3 had no package.  I assumed we could add the package once we got on board.  We could not. They are set up to sell it in sets of two.  Even the Concierge could not make it happen.  I have heard that it is possible before you sail through Princess or your TA as others have mentioned.  If you really want Plus or Premier for the third person in the room I would make sure you got it settled ahead of the cruise just to be safe.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nerudapoem said:

We had this situation when we cruised on the Discovery at the end of April. #1 & #2 in the cabin had Premier, but #3 had no package.  I assumed we could add the package once we got on board.  We could not. They are set up to sell it in sets of two.  Even the Concierge could not make it happen.  I have heard that it is possible before you sail through Princess or your TA as others have mentioned.  If you really want Plus or Premier for the third person in the room I would make sure you got it settled ahead of the cruise just to be safe.  

Wow first I have heard this, thank you. I have already purchased for 3rd person but had thought about waiting until boarding. 

25 minutes ago, nerudapoem said:

If they were only set up for orders of 2 are you saying that solo cruisers can’t add on embarkation. That does not make sense

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

If they were only set up for orders of 2 are you saying that solo cruisers can’t add on embarkation. That does not make sense

I have sailed solo and have not had any problem adding plus or premier on Day1. There must be more to this story, if they went to the concierge, they were in a suite? First time hearing of trouble adding package on board as 3rd or 4th passenger. Will ask about this situation when I board Enchanted.

As already said the more people who think it is ok to share their plus or Premier package the more the cost increases for the rest of us who do pay. I get that some people find the cost of the packages unaffordable but that is no excuse.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It's also the way that causes Princess to change the rules and pricing of the packages for the rest of us who choose to follow the rules of the package. 

If you get caught sharing, the package is canceled and they retroactively charge you for each and every drink you have consumed. And yes, it does happen as we have seen it. 

Amazing, you could see the passengers folio

58 minutes ago, antsp said:

Amazing, you could see the passengers folio

No, but I could listen to the few passengers who had it happen to them complain up a storm and argue with guest services. 

• Like 7

On 6/11/2024 at 2:34 PM, latebloomer56 said:

We needed to have our 14 year old added, not an issue. Could have waited until we boarded. He does like soda, juice and bottled water. This way tips are done, two casual dinners (it would be a charge otherwise), and most importantly WiFi 😀. His parents spent a small fortune on NCL last time when he was 13.

My 14-year-old daughter has had Plus package twice and loved it. She drank lots of iced Chai, etc. drinks from the International Cafe, had lots of soft drinks, etc. She loved the WiFi, etc. Of course, we used Princess "credits" both times to pay for her package so.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t understand why a child wouldn’t have their own package? Our son gets the same as we do and it’s always been that way. If you can’t afford for the whole family to go in the same manner then you need to tone down everyone’s expenses. A child isn’t less then.

For those that cheat on the drink package…just no. I don’t feel like paying for your skinflint habits and in the end I will. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 555 said:

Yes, I imagine people can get caught sharing once in a great while but only if you're so brazen to do it openly in public view. 

It is stealing. Call it for what it is. Stealing 

• Like 4

I would not be surprised if the limit is set for total number of drinks included.

5 sodas, 5 water,15 alcohol

Remember when Delivery & Alfredos was included for all?

Princess can change things EVEN after we paid for them.

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2024 at 9:20 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I definitely call getting an $80 pppd package for kids just so that they could do fitness classes daily "having money to burn."

In addition to all the other value with Premier - drinks, wifi, seating, tips, casual dining, photos, premium desserts, etc, etc. Not "JUST so they could do fitness classes daily"  

The "on a kid" - these aforementioned "kids" will be taking care of you when you're old.

All of our family members are on the same vacation, and we choose to have the same perks. It's just silly not to.  

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2024 at 9:20 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Sorry, but, IMHO, it's just an expensive want, not need. 

The basic cruise fare is also rightly classified as "an expensive want, not need".

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SDPilot said:

The basic cruise fare is also rightly classified as "an expensive want, not need".

well, I dunno, we all need a vacation, otherwise, we'd burn out. And as far as vacations with food go, cruising is actually better and cheaper than doing it a la cart elsewhere.

5 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Just to see how it felt, I burned $80 of cash in my fire pit today.

I can report it is much better spent on a day of the Premier bundle.

Hmmm, not exactly an apples to apples comparison. We are talking about buying a Premier package for the kids along with the parents, so please report after you burn $240-320 in your fire pit. 🙂

54 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Hmmm, not exactly an apples to apples comparison. We are talking about buying a Premier package for the kids along with the parents, so please report after you burn $240-320 in your fire pit. 🙂

Ok, I did this.  

I can report that burning more just increases the value of plus a premier fares.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2024 at 7:50 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

since non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited, nobody cares if you get a soda (for the kid) with your Premier/Plus package at the same time with your alcohol.

All the people were grabbing a couple of sodas and/or 3-4 bottes of water at the same time as their alcohol and nobody blinked an eye or raised an eyebrow. Obviously, nobody is going to drink all 4 bottles of Perrier, Coke AND their Dunes while still standing at the bar. You walk away with the goodies and consume them whenever and where ever you wish.

I ordered 3 coffees or mineral waters at the same time and nobody followed me to make sure that I only got it for myself and DH, and none for the kid (kid doesn't drink coffee anyway - it was for my parents who also had a Premier package, but it was more convenient to order 3 coffees with one medallion than one coffee per each medallion). Other people were ordering in the same manner.

We also don't play the sharing game.  We feel it is only fair to pay for what you consume according to the rules of the establishment.  

• Like 3