The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 16th, 2024

Father's Day

Today is International Day of The African Child, International Day of Family Remittances, and International Drink Chenin Blanc Day

Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it. - Ernest Holmes

Meal Suggestion for today - Eggplant & Chickpea Baked Pasta
Drink of the Day - Arnold Palmer(Alcoholic)
Wine of the Day - Streicker Bridgeland Block Rosé
Destination of the Day - Mumbai (Bombay), India

Today in History:
1963 Soviet space mission Vostok 6 is launched with Valentina Tereshkova onboard, who becomes the 1st woman in space

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 06-17

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska eta 06-17

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Newcastle upon Tyne, England eta 06-17

Noordam

Whittier, Alaska 01:00 - 19:30

Oosterdam

Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy 07:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Kirkwall, Orkney Island Scotland eta 06-17

Volendam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Seward, Alaska 07:00 - 15:00

Zaandam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Qaqortoq, Greenland eta 06-17

0616World.thumb.png.ce030438c7fb6948fcc4cda689843fe7.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 26

Good morning friends!  Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there.  It is overcast and 48F on our way to Qaqortoq.  Provided we aren’t delayed by ice and can get there, it will be my 4th visit there.  The Captain promised an update at noon today on our progress.  We are moving along at 21 knots right now.  Last night we had some time of darkness again, after Friday night’s Midnight Sun. 

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  Very interesting discussion topics today.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope,and Ann @cat shepard for your reports on the food and beverages. Prayers for our Care list group, DB, Alex’s twins, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our men and women of the military watching out for us.  Cheers to all with special events today in addition to the holiday, and for those cruising.  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for your hard work on the lists.

I’m very sorry to hear your 3 tests all came back positive for COVID Terri @Cruzin Terri  Praying your condition is short-lived and that Jim doesn’t turn up positive in the coming days.  My cold is wearing me out.  The cough sounds like a bark!  I took a COVID test too but it came back negative.  I just don’t want to go out much because I don’t want to be the one spreading things like so many others here do. 

The port today is Mumbai (Bombay), India which was the port before on Aug. 8, 2021 and July 9, 2022.  I have not been before and don’t have it on my bucket list.  Here are the links for your convenience in retrieving your photos.

Hope you enjoy celebrating Father’s Day today.  Try to stay safe and keep well!  I think I’ll be doing some napping!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Arnold Palmer cocktail:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup lemonade (freshly made or store bought)
1/2 cup unsweetened iced tea
1/1/2 oz. bourbon or vodka

Directions:

Fill a tall or highball glass with ice. Add the lemonade, iced tea and bourbon and stir well to mix.
Garnish with fruit and/or fresh mint, if desired, and enjoy!

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 6.17.01 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Cruzin Terri with a head/chest cold

StLouisCruisers with a cough/chest cold

Lazey1 recovering from Covid

Fires, flooding and storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Rafinmd recovering from Cardiology tests

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri and DH safely home from Barbados

Welcome home Vict0riann’s Pat!

Overhead Fred and DW at Canada Cottage

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

Lady Hudson (Symphony of the Seas to June 21) 7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise, with twin sister Karen, swin26 (Rotterdam to June 22) 14d North Cape & The Midnight Sun, Himself (Eurodam to June 22) 7 Day Alaska Explorer, Suslor (Rotterdam to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends, Cruzn single (Westerdam to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice and  StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 19
  • Thanks 20

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

Happy Fathers Day!

Nice selection of days.

I’m trying to figure out the quote.

The meal sounds good.

The Arnie Palmer is a good after golf drink, I’ve never had it spiked, BTW Arnie is my all time favorite golfer.

Bryson DeChambeau is the leader of the US Open heading into the final round.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning in the neighborhood. Yesterday was hot, but once again the strong breeze made it tolerable. And the wine tasting and gathering at my friends after was fun. I even won a bottle of wine at the wine tasting! A blanc Châteauneuf du Pape! Can’t wait to try it. 

Vanessa, thank you for taking such great care of our lists! An endless project that adds so much to our community. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores, a visit with my Sister & Brayden and pool time. Sounds good to me. 

IMG_3016.jpeg.4e928ac60984e892127339ded4e32faa.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg.5bf5d447957a0b71f57e67a9d56e3157.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg.873541e197147245d3d6a49cffeb0626.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Cruzin Terri, Terri I am praying that you get back on your feet again fast! COVID! What else could have gone wrong?

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Streicker Bridgeland Block Rosé

Well even my decoder ring couldn’t help me today. I found a Wine Enthusiast review of the 2016 vintage that showed a price tag of $28.00 and an 84 rating for this Australian rosé and no other info. And that vintage is probably no longer enjoyable.  Even the shop on the vintner’s website didn’t show a rosé for sale.

So if any of our Australian Dailyites can find some info to share about this wine, that would be most appreciated!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.  My dad has been gone for 17 years, I think of him everyday.

Three good days to celebrate.

I'm not sure about the quote, it's too deep for me this early in the day.

I'll pass on the meal, but I'll have the drink and the wine (but not at the same time 😉)

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  I hope there are lots of celebrations, no matter how small.

Have a peaceful day.

• Like 30

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning in the neighborhood. Yesterday was hot, but once again the strong breeze made it tolerable. And the wine tasting and gathering at my friends after was fun. I even won a bottle of wine at the wine tasting! A blanc Châteauneuf du Pape! Can’t wait to try it. 

Vanessa, thank you for taking such great care of our lists! An endless project that adds so much to our community. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores, a visit with my Sister & Brayden and pool time. Sounds good to me. 

IMG_3016.jpeg.4e928ac60984e892127339ded4e32faa.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg.5bf5d447957a0b71f57e67a9d56e3157.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg.873541e197147245d3d6a49cffeb0626.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Cruzin Terri, Terri I am praying that you get back on your feet again fast! COVID! What else could have gone wrong?

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Streicker Bridgeland Block Rosé

Well even my decoder ring couldn’t help me today. I found a Wine Enthusiast review of the 2016 vintage that showed a price tag of $28.00 and an 84 rating for this Australian rosé and no other info. And that vintage is probably no longer enjoyable.  Even the shop on the vintner’s website didn’t show a rosé for sale.

So if any of our Australian Dailyites can find some info to share about this wine, that would be most appreciated!

That’s a great picture with the dog showing unconditional love, dogs are truly our best friends.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 29

Good cool and sunny morning. Heat wave starts tomorrow and lasts all week. 
My fur kids wish all the dads Happy Paw thurs  day .🐾

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 29

Happy Father’s Day. Our day will be spent at DD’s pool with both families. Both my sons in law lost their dad’s several years ago so DH is always well celebrated by them.  It will be warm today getting to 85 but our heat wave starts tomorrow. 

• Like 30

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a beautiful day here in New England.  Our heatwave is supposed to start on Tuesday and last about four days.  The ac will be working overtime.  
I took DH out for Father’s Day breakfast. He wants to go to Kohl’s to spend his birthday Kohl’s cash since he has a 40% off coupon.  Then Aldi’s since they are in the same shopping center.

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads.

image.thumb.png.7ea589e7f009c6650ba2e247eaf3cf2f.png

• Like 35

Happy Father's Day to all Dads!  Mine passed at age 96 11 years ago.  Thanks for the Daily and map Rich!   The Day of African Children is important on that continent.  I will drink Chenin Blanc, they make a good one in Baja that we used to get for $5 bottle at our old timeshare in Cancun.   I don't get the quote.   I will pass on the meal, the cocktail and the wine,  $28 and 84 points no.  Thanks for finding these for us each day @summer slope, @cat shepard and @dfish,  I have not been to Mumbai and I don't want to go.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.  @Cruzin Terri I am so sad to read that you have Covid.  The gift that keeps on giving,  I hope you don't get too sick and your DH Jim doesn't catch it.  @StLouisCruisers sounds like you have the cruise crud, tests negative for flu and covid but sick and coughing. I feel for you having to worry about each, next cough.   Prayers for Chuck, Tana, Jacqui and everyone else in our group who are grieving or ailing.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the innocents in Gaza.

We had a beautiful night of gentle rain and the sound ensured great sleep for me.  A little more rain due here this morning then clearing up.  We worked yesterday clearing out the end of a cherry tree that fell in the wind yesterday but we got not much done because John decided to start at about thirty minutes before my back said call it a day.    Who knows what is up today.  

Have a nice day!  Nancy 

My Dad and my older sister and I circa 1957.  I miss him a lot.  

after fishing dad kathy nancy '57.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good Sunday morning. Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

Happy Father's Day!

Heading into a bit of a heat wave this week. Highs in the upper 80s and 90s. Looks like summer showed up early. Yesterday I washed all the curtains, living room furniture covers, and bedding. Today I will finish with the garden. My family will have a little get together via Zoom this afternoon. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Fathers Day Cat GIF - HappyFathersDay Cat OldFashioned - Discover ...

• Like 32
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Father's Day to all Dads!  Mine passed at age 96 11 years ago.  Thanks for the Daily and map Rich!   The Day of African Children is important on that continent.  I will drink Chenin Blanc, they make a good one in Baja that we used to get for $5 bottle at our old timeshare in Cancun.   I don't get the quote.   I will pass on the meal, the cocktail and the wine,  $28 and 84 points no.  Thanks for finding these for us each day @summer slope, @cat shepard and @dfish,  I have not been to Mumbai and I don't want to go.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.  @Cruzin Terri I am so sad to read that you have Covid.  The gift that keeps on giving,  I hope you don't get too sick and your DH Jim doesn't catch it.  @StLouisCruisers sounds like you have the cruise crud, tests negative for flu and covid but sick and coughing. I feel for you having to worry about each, next cough.   Prayers for Chuck, Tana, Jacqui and everyone else in our group who are grieving or ailing.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the innocents in Gaza.

We had a beautiful night of gentle rain and the sound ensured great sleep for me.  A little more rain due here this morning then clearing up.  We worked yesterday clearing out the end of a cherry tree that fell in the wind yesterday but we got not much done because John decided to start at about thirty minutes before my back said call it a day.    Who knows what is up today.  

Have a nice day!  Nancy 

My Dad and my older sister and I circa 1957.  I miss him a lot.  

after fishing dad kathy nancy '57.jpg

Nice family photo.

I lost my dad over 12 years ago and Pauline lost her dad almost 16 years ago.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

To those who are father's, Happy Father's Day!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

Good morning and a very Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads .

I always admired the women I worked with who sent money to their families back home. Thanks to Graham @grapau27 for the information. The world will be a better place if I do not suddenly start drinking Chenin Blanc! I have not been to India and would enjoy the recipe as I like eggplant and chickpeas.

@Cruzin Terri, I was so sorry to read yesterday that you have Covid. There is a lot of it in our area now. Take care of yourself.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, Would you consider going to see the medical center folks to have your lungs listened to? I am worried about you!

It is a beautiful day here  and  I look forward to walking the dogs in the nice breeze. The approaching heat wave is two days away so we better enjoy it.

Enjoy the day everyone.

• Like 30

Good morning everyone and Happy Father’s Day to all our dads. It will be a morning of church, then a walk, my first “watched” NASCAR race of the year and for dinner. Drum roll please. Homemade Tomato Gazpacho soup. My request and it works on our Med. Diet.

We were in Mumbai awhile back and I was surprised when I realized it was once named Bombay. I had forgotten that.

Speaking of church it is time to get ready. Had a nice Face Time with daughter and family yesterday as she has a twelve hour shift at the hospital today.

Have a great day and week. Thanks to all who participate and make the Daily possible. Bruce

• Like 27

I'm all for African children. While I understand that International Day of Family Remittances refers to the money sent home by immigrants, in Victorian and Edwardian England a "remittance man" was an embarrassing family member who was paid by his family to live abroad.

The menu suggestion would be OK but I'm not going to make it. The weather beginning tomorrow will be right for an Arnold Palmer, but I'm more likely to have G&T. For the unfindable wine, I'll substitute a 2021 Pinot Noir Rosé from Fulkerson's, $16. "Grown on one of the best sites on our farm, our Pinot Noir planting is situated on Howard Gravel and Odessa Clay soils. The vineyard is split just about in half by the two soil series giving this field a complexity not found in other sites around the Finger Lakes. The light sandy Howard series gives a light fruity nose, while the heavy and relatively shallow clay of the Odessa series impart a steely, and mineral finish."

Mona Lisa and DaVinci didn't give me anything for Father's Day. Considering what they might  have come up with, that's for the best.

Screenshot2024-06-16at08-10-21GlasbergenCartoonsbyRandyGlasbergenforSeptember252014GoComics_com.png.d189220a1f681e5d461f9879be322011.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 7