2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

5 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We're already booked on the Feb, 2025 #Schmoopiefest cruise through the Panama Canal. Still waiting to see how many others join. Sounds as though @debenson0723may have an alternate plan. 

As for the 2026 Fest, when the consensus settles on a cruise...wherever it is...I'm sure we'll be joining (even if there are flights involved). Still holding out hope for Croatia, etc...(realizing that you can't drive to Croatia).

I am so pleased that #SchmoopieFest took off. We'll need t-shirts and commemorative inaugural pins of course, perhaps some cross marketing with Super Bowl LIX. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I actually approached Mrs. Schmoopie about this cruise a couple months ago, due to the awesome itinerary. However, when I told her it was 54 days and would be at least $30,000 (not including several thousands more in spending money, excursions, etc.)...well, you can guess the rest.

Price must have gone up a bit since we booked.  It was less than $30K for a balcony with Princess Plus, or whatever that is called.  And, TA will provide $1,800 in OBC, we'll get either $200 or $250 in military OBC, and whatever Carnival pays for stockholder OBC.  So I'm hoping there won't be too much more out of pocket.  

But, yeah, I understand.  It is a lot of money.  Will probably be our last really big, long trip, and we get to see all of that without terribly long flights.  So I'm good on the splurge.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Price must have gone up a bit since we booked.  It was less than $30K for a balcony with Princess Plus, or whatever that is called.  And, TA will provide $1,800 in OBC, we'll get either $200 or $250 in military OBC, and whatever Carnival pays for stockholder OBC.  So I'm hoping there won't be too much more out of pocket.  

But, yeah, I understand.  It is a lot of money.  Will probably be our last really big, long trip, and we get to see all of that without terribly long flights.  So I'm good on the splurge.

Can you sneak me on in your carryon luggage? I don't take up much space. But please use caution when opening the overhead bin as contents might have shifted during the flight.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Can you sneak me on in your carryon luggage? I don't take up much space. But please use caution when opening the overhead bin as contents might have shifted during the flight.

We used to have a neighbor who would ask us to sneak her into her luggage every time we went on a cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

... don't take up much space. But please use caution when opening the overhead bin as contents might have shifted during the flight.

Screenshot_20240718-145418.thumb.png.4e361a64fc6a73f2a712b9a86ec883d5.png

Newer widebody jets should be fine but not the B737 MAX's from what I heard, but you'll probably fit up there.  No liquid refreshment for non-stop 8+ hours okay with you but what about means to relief 😆

BTW, congrats for that quick renewal - less than 4 weeks, huh 👍

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

@Sugar Magnolia and I may have the same expiration date on our new passports.  I just got mine back on Monday.  We're probably destined to sailed together again!

We are definitely destined to sailed together again...I feel it in my bones. I am still so impressed with your emergency passport replacement experience.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

We are definitely destined to sailed together again...I feel it in my bones. I am still so impressed with your emergency passport replacement experience.

Yeah, I was super lucky and remain thankful for those consular employees!  Purple was pretty, but I'm really happy to be back in blue.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

I used the expedited service so it was 2 weeks, even over the 4th of July holiday. Never know when there could be a last minute no solo supplement special. 

You are lucky to be heading off to Alaska soon during one of the worst summer heat I can remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Good to see your smiling face, again (on your avatar).  Hope you and yours are well.

I did get a date.  August 26.  Should take a couple hours to fix the abductor muscle and another couple for the hip replacement.

They wanted to do it sooner.  I am just being a baby and trying to wrap my head around surgery and recovery. 

Glad to hear you have a date.  A date no one really wants to have, but that’s out of our control by now.   My only advice, is to for us on the long game, not the immediate pain.   If they give you ant exercises prep to strengthen muscles, do it religiously.  If you plan on sleeping in your recliner post op, test drive it in relation to, how much pressure does it take to kick out and release the footrest, if it is lever operated, is the lever on the operative side?  If your doc prescribes a cooling machine for at home use, make sure you have a steady supply of ice. Make sure you have some baggy legged pull on pants rot reduce stress on the incisions.   If you have steps into your home develop a game plan for getting up and down,  get some nice old , soft sheets to drape over you ur lounger for comfort as well as to cool you better than upholstery.

wishing you well.  You got this! 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I used the expedited service so it was 2 weeks, even over the 4th of July holiday. Never know when there could be a last minute no solo supplement special. 

Hmm.  I did regular service.  Took about 3 weeks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Glad to hear you have a date.  A date no one really wants to have, but that’s out of our control by now.   My only advice, is to for us on the long game, not the immediate pain.   If they give you ant exercises prep to strengthen muscles, do it religiously.  If you plan on sleeping in your recliner post op, test drive it in relation to, how much pressure does it take to kick out and release the footrest, if it is lever operated, is the lever on the operative side?  If your doc prescribes a cooling machine for at home use, make sure you have a steady supply of ice. Make sure you have some baggy legged pull on pants rot reduce stress on the incisions.   If you have steps into your home develop a game plan for getting up and down,  get some nice old , soft sheets to drape over you ur lounger for comfort as well as to cool you better than upholstery.

wishing you well.  You got this! 😉

What great advice!  Thanks so very much!

I went shopping for “zero gravity” recliners just today.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

What great advice!  Thanks so very much!

I went shopping for “zero gravity” recliners just today.

I have a recliner that does not have the handle to go up and down...it has buttons which will do multiple functions (leg rest up, down, back recline, multiple angles)...plugs into the wall.  It is the best, most comfy thing ever. It also has a USB plug.  Laz-E-Boy brand and not too expensive (because you know I am 'thrifty', aka cheap). I Check them out!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I have a recliner that does not have the handle to go up and down...it has buttons which will do multiple functions (leg rest up, down, back recline, multiple angles)...plugs into the wall.  It is the best, most comfy thing ever. It also has a USB plug.  Laz-E-Boy brand and not too expensive (because you know I am 'thrifty', aka cheap). I Check them out!

Thanks, Deb….one of those stores not far from me.  Will check them out tomorrow!

I actually looked at a lift chair.  Please don’t let me buy one of those!!! 

It’s been a while since I bought any sort of furniture. Some crazy stuff out there.  Saw one today that has speakers in the upper area near ear level with a vibrator that shakes the seat with the low frequencies of a movie!

Edited by graphicguy

I was speaking with a neighbor yesterday who happens to be from Croatia and still has a home there. I told him our biggest desire is to do a cruise to Croatia in summer, 2026. He told me, "You don't want to go to Croatia in summer. First, the heat is really bad, Second, every European and their brother wants to vacation in Croatia in the summer. The place gets packed. Go in fall or spring." Good to know.

Now if only NCL would release their 2026 schedules...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I was speaking with a neighbor yesterday who happens to be from Croatia and still has a home there. I told him our biggest desire is to do a cruise to Croatia in summer, 2026. He told me, "You don't want to go to Croatia in summer. First, the heat is really bad, Second, every European and their brother wants to vacation in Croatia in the summer. The place gets packed. Go in fall or spring." Good to know.

Now if only NCL would release their 2026 schedules...

Having visited Croatia twice, I absolutely agree with your neighbor. It is a beautiful country and best to visit on a land tour, though I understand the appeal of a cruise. The old towns in Dubrovnik and Split are compact with narrow streets. Along with the intense heat and packed crowds in the summer, it can be challenging for the most patient folks. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Will you start a new thread once the decision has been made about which itinerary is selected?  I am thinking of booking the Viva 14-day on 1/10/26...just in case.☺️

Edited by DebbieCruises
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DebbieCruises said:

Will you start a new thread once the decision has been made about which itinerary is selected?  I am thinking of booking the Viva 14-day on 1/10/26...just in case.☺️

Yes, please…and thank you.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 2:02 PM, mking8288 said:

Screenshot_20240718-145418.thumb.png.4e361a64fc6a73f2a712b9a86ec883d5.png

Newer widebody jets should be fine but not the B737 MAX's from what I heard, but you'll probably fit up there.  No liquid refreshment for non-stop 8+ hours okay with you but what about means to relief 😆

Is Lester Holt now working as a FA?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well… because I’m lazy, who is targeting the TA out of Southampton on the Encore in December?  I Know @Sugar Magnolia is sailing.  Anyone else?

I’m targeting that sailing!

I have a seven member posse traveling with me on the Encore, in case you were concerned that you would be stuck alone with me with no out.

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I have a seven member posse traveling with me on the Encore, in case you were concerned that you would be stuck alone with me with no out.

YOU should be worried IF I make this CRUISE😉😁

• Haha 2