6/20/24: Double Cruise Credits for Captain's Circle Guests with Princess Cruises' New Loyalty Accelerator Program

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I figure cool in Victoria, who knows SF the warm in LA and SD. Have you thought about bringing your Clipper Card and running home to grab something and check the mail. We actually still have Clipper Cards even though we moved almost six years ago. Several times we have gone from the Embarcadero to Oakland for lunch while docked in SF

We have clipper cards and yes, we’ve thought of doing that in the past.  This may be the time we do it.  
BTW, what’s in Oakland that you would go there for lunch?  

40 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please share your packing list… I am the world’s worst packer.  Never have I ever but I would love to pack for my upcoming 14 day Caribbean cruise in a carry-on and a Foldie for my personal item. Usually I have a large checked bag, a carry-on, and a personal item…. Help please. 

oh no, we/she doesn't pack light - (2) 25 inch roll-on's which stay in the car overnight - or maybe rolled in but not opened - checked the next morning at the ship. And a smaller roll on for the pre-cruise night and next morning which we will use as our carry on to board - roll, not carry.

day back pack flat in one of the checked bags.  not light packing at all

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, memoak said:

I figure cool in Victoria, who knows SF the warm in LA and SD. Have you thought about bringing your Clipper Card and running home to grab something and check the mail. We actually still have Clipper Cards even though we moved almost six years ago. Several times we have gone from the Embarcadero to Oakland for lunch while docked in SF. Why would I laugh at your clothes ?

What is a Clipper card? 

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

oh no, we/she doesn't pack light - (2) 25 inch roll-on's which stay in the car overnight - or maybe rolled in but not opened - checked the next morning at the ship. And a smaller roll on for the pre-cruise night and next morning which we will use as our carry on to board - roll, not carry.

day back pack flat in one of the checked bags.  not light packing at all

It sounds like she is my suitcase packing twin. 😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We just got off the Majestic and while I hardly ever use the laundry benefit, I sent a few items to be cleaned and/or pressed on day one.  I got all the items back on the next day and we weren’t even in a suite.  However, there were not ven 100 elite status passengers onboard,  😂 

I am curious about the laundry. Do they mix your laundry with others or wash yours alone? 

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have clipper cards and yes, we’ve thought of doing that in the past.  This may be the time we do it.  
BTW, what’s in Oakland that you would go there for lunch?  

It’s been so long since we have been back I would hate to suggest but there are some places at Jack London Square but the is better reached by ferry but your cards work there also

11 minutes ago, ccheng6401 said:

I am curious about the laundry. Do they mix your laundry with others or wash yours alone? 

I have never been in the ships laundry but the must mix them since hundreds of people send out laundry. If you want you can use the self service laundrys that are on most decks with cabins 

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please share your packing list… I am the world’s worst packer.  Never have I ever but I would love to pack for my upcoming 14 day Caribbean cruise in a carry-on and a Foldie for my personal item. Usually I have a large checked bag, a carry-on, and a personal item…. Help please. 

I HIGHLY recommend Bundle Packing. It allows you to squeeze soooooo much stuff into a carry-on-sized roller bag. Here is a good video on it... skip to about the 4:00 mark to see how it's done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

It’s been so long since we have been back I would hate to suggest but there are some places at Jack London Square but the is better reached by ferry but your cards work there also

Oh, ok. I thought you might have a favorite restaurant there in Oakland.  We both worked there for years and of course, called for jury duty very.single.year!  I thought there was a place you might be able to recommend,  I liked Jack London square a lot but I think CoVid did a number on it.  Last time we went, so many businesses were closed.  Very sad!  it’s happening everywhere but good to see new places opening up.  
I do love those clipper cards!  Next year, I will get my big discount.  

2 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

I really they are mixed,  

They have little sticky tags attached. None of that bothers me .. there’s just items I can’t have go through the regular laundry so, I rarely use it.  

13 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh, ok. I thought you might have a favorite restaurant there in Oakland.  We both worked there for years and of course, called for jury duty very.single.year!  I thought there was a place you might be able to recommend,  I liked Jack London square a lot but I think CoVid did a number on it.  Last time we went, so many businesses were closed.  Very sad!  it’s happening everywhere but good to see new places opening up.  
I do love those clipper cards!  Next year, I will get my big discount.  

We are probably have friend maybe come over to the Embarcadetro

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

Their mixed, which is why they Always put the tiny iron-on tag inside each of your

garments put in.

Back in the day, in the Ultimate Behind the scenes tour, we got a tour of the

Laundy room.  Its LARGE, and VERY Warm.  Its amazing the amount they do.

It was one of the most interesting parts of the tour.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

posted some pictures of everything going into my bundle on my recent live blog:

I'm glad that system works for you, it definitely would not work for us!  🙂

• Like 1

I am not sure who actually made out in my scenario but Princess got me to book 2 cruises - 2 day and 3 day  with this promotion.  I will jump from Ruby to Elite as both cruises were booked in Suites as solo.   I did it strictly for the Elite Status and I paid for the cruises with some Points that I had so technically no cost out of my pocket.  

We have done 2 longer cruises recently and the laundry room was a nightmare -  Think 8-10 hours to do do 2 loads of laundry and equipment that worked 50% of the time. Laundry will be a perk for us.  Add this to the fact that Tenders are a Pain and having priority getting off the ship in port is a big plus for us.  Also - my wife doesn't drink so the discount on wifi will help offset the change in how we book moving forward as we will be foregoing the packages on most of our upcoming cruises. 

I viewed this as a mileage run like so many others do with airlines. 

• Like 3

On 9/1/2024 at 4:10 AM, RDJ said:

I sailed this past week with Plus and I can see under My Account I only received 1credit for sailing instead of 2 based on the current ‘Double Cruise credits’ promotion. I guess I’ll give it some time to see if it changes on its own and if it doesn’t then I’ll have to call them for the correction.

How did this turn out? I too only see the single credit but just got off the ship two days ago so hoping it catches up and is added soon. 

4 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

How did this turn out? I too only see the single credit but just got off the ship two days ago so hoping it catches up and is added soon. 

I think they stated it is added in the two or three days after your cruise.  Sure enough, it showed up in about 2.5 days later.  
If you are on a 10 day cruise, it won’t show your cruise as 20 days, but will add an additional line in your profile showing 1 cruise and 10 days.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think they stated it is added in the two or three days after your cruise.  Sure enough, it showed up in about 2.5 days later.  
If you are on a 10 day cruise, it won’t show your cruise as 20 days, but will add an additional line in your profile showing 1 cruise and 10 days.  

This is going to throw my personal cruise tabulation off from now on.

I suppose it'll also count for the MT luncheon/cocktail party.

Edited by 555

19 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The bonus credits will count the same as the normal credits.

MTG lunches or cocktail parties usually take well over 300-400 days to qualify I don’t think a few cruises with double credits is going to move people from Ruby to MTG

57 minutes ago, memoak said:

MTG lunches or cocktail parties usually take well over 300-400 days to qualify I don’t think a few cruises with double credits is going to move people from Ruby to MTG

Even a single day can mean the difference between going or not.

I don't think those bonus days should have been a consideration for the cutoff. It should have been based upon true sailing days only. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 555 said:

Even a single day can mean the difference between going or not.

I don't think those bonus days should have been a consideration for the cutoff. It should have been based upon true sailing days only. 

I tend to agree with you and if this deal had gone on longer it might have had an effect. There have been so many cruises where the cutoff was over 600 days so our 500 plus doesn’t even do anything. It might get someone into a 7 day Alaska cruise where last month people made it with 150 days but it should not affect the normal 16-20 cruises we usually take 

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It does count.  It adds to it your total days.  

I like to look at their tabulation for a realistic total, not inflated because of some special sale.