Captain Kate -- Collaboration with Dune Jewelry

hrhdhd

I got an e-mail from Dune Jewelry about a new collaboration with Captain Kate that dropped today. I have several pieces of their jewelry from my travels, and I like many of her pieces. Just posting for those who'd be interested; there's no need to tell me that you're not a shopper. 😎

https://dunejewelry.com/captain-kate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The collab price range is CURRENTLY (subject to change) $64-$460

I guess you won't be buying a piece for me? 😉

I buy their sterling pieces, so I can't speak for the gold vermeil. But many of them are customizable, which can make a nice keepsake.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pilot said:

If Captain Kate wants to just be called CAPTAIN, she should spend all of her time with shipboard duties and not hocking jewelry. 

Next we will be seeing her on QVC or HSN.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, pilot said:

If Captain Kate wants to just be called CAPTAIN, she should spend all of her time with shipboard duties and not hocking jewelry. 

She is not at the helm currently.  She is on vacation.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pilot said:

She’s not on a ship. if her employer doesn’t care, why do you? 

41 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Next we will be seeing her on QVC or HSN.

And?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, markeb said:

And?

I don’t buy art because someone is a celebrity.  What’s next?  The bathroom attendant selling water colors?  Captain Kate store onboard with ads in the daily planner?

I don’t understand the hero worship some people seem to have for certain Celebrity employees.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, markeb said:

And?

QVC and HSN are the epitome for mass market costume jewelry.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Just now, Liao said:

It made Joan Rivers an incredibly wealthy woman!

Joan's celebrity status, no pun intended sold all of those Bee pins. However, I don't think Captain Kate is all that popular among the masses other than Celebrity cruisers..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Welcome to the new ad model on Cruise Critic.  All the employees can hawk their stuff.  

Celebrity better be careful. Princess might poach her to model accessories for their Medallion. 

10 hours ago, pilot said:

Agree.. 

We wince when we see the Captains pushing raffle tickets on board for the special Jewelry store events. It demeans their status as Master of the ship!

Some like to be rockstars and popular with cruisers  but being a brand ambassador is a step too far!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pilot said:

Then I would assume you would not call Captain Ioannis Kasimatis a CAPTAIN, either, since he was featured in the Tag Heuer ads for their Celebrity branded watch.

Or do you only save your scorn for when it's a woman?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I think the brand ambassador is probably more of a company requirement than their personal choice.- just some are better at it than others.

I believe you're right as they are already on the payroll.

10 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Then I would assume you would not call Captain Ioannis Kasimatis a CAPTAIN, either, since he was featured in the Tag Heuer ads for their Celebrity branded watch.

🙄

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Agree.. 

We wince when we see the Captains pushing raffle tickets on board for the special Jewelry store events. It demeans their status as Master of the ship!

Some like to be rockstars and popular with cruisers  but being a brand ambassador is a step too far!

I feel the same way when I see Celebrity Chefs like Wolfgang Puck promoting appliances and cookware on Informercials that find their way to the shelves of Walmart only to end up as landfill.

35 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Or the captain that does his rockstar band show in the theatre that everyone raves about.  Just an observation but two of the very forward facing captains are men, the other…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Is Celeb requiring her to do this or allowing her to have a side gig?

Not sure I have seen those items on the ships???

The line just dropped yesterday and will ship in July for orders now. I doubt it's been added to any ships ahead of the release.

40 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

The line just dropped yesterday and will ship in July for orders now. I doubt it's been added to any ships ahead of the release.

And despite all the naysayers the line will likely sell out online before it makes it onto the ships.  The Captain’s collaboration appears to be and may be completely independent of Celebrity Cruises.  On Dune’s website there is only a very brief “About Captain Kate” paragraph with zero mention of Celebrity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

I was curious how long it would take for someone to make this about sex. That seems to be a go to when you don’t agree with someone.