Parking at Cape Liberty New Jersey

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

$30 per day

Up from $20 two years ago.  They kind of have you as a captive audience, but it is extremely convenient as the garage is right next to the terminal, and if full, the lot is across the street and equally convenient.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Up from $20 two years ago.  They kind of have you as a captive audience, but it is extremely convenient as the garage is right next to the terminal, and if full, the lot is across the street and equally convenient.

Thank you

37 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Uh, when we sailed in May of 2022, it was $30.  Maybe you are thinking while sailing was still recovering before that?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Uh, when we sailed in May of 2022, it was $30.  Maybe you are thinking while sailing was still recovering before that?

Probably.  We sailed out of Cape Liberty three times since the restart, with the first being the forth Oasis sailing from there in October when cruising resumed and the last being July '22.  (The next will be this Sunday).  So you are most likely correct and we would have paid $30 in '22.  My fuzzy memory just has the timing off. LOL.

22 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We sailed out of Cape Liberty three times since the restart, with the first being the forth Oasis sailing from there in October when cruising resumed and the last being July '22.  (The next will be this Sunday).  So you are most likely correct and we would have paid $30 in '22.  My fuzzy memory just has the timing off.

The parking rate had been $25 per day since before COVID. Other than some perhaps some rare occurrence (and threats of price increase which didn't take) the $30 rate started just late last year.

This was October of 2021:

20211010_112307.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The parking rate had been $25 per day since before COVID. Other than some perhaps some rare occurrence (and threats of price increase which didn't take) the $30 rate started just late last year.

20211010_112307.jpg

As I said, fuzzy memory.  That sounds more familiar!

Just now, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

Is getting into this lot/garage easy, or is there usually a traffic back up getting in?

That depends on time of day but traffic is limited by luggage drop off speed so getting into the lot should be easy. The back up is before luggage drop off - the parking lot is after.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

Is getting into this lot/garage easy, or is there usually a traffic back up getting in?

In our experience it is very easy.  Maybe a couple of cars ahead but never any backup. Typically we drop our luggage off and my wife gets into the queue while I go park the car.  From drop off to joining her is usually only about 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

20211010_112307.jpg

Yup, to what Biker said.    We paid $25.00/day in first half of 2023 then $30/day for a Fall 2023 cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, to what Biker said.    We paid $25.00/day in first half of 2023 then $30/day for a Fall 2023 cruise.

Got it.  The point I originally made was confirming the current rates for the OP at $30.  I incorrectly added the actual timing for that rate and prior amount was where I was off.  But that doesn't change the answer to the original question of $30 to the OP.  LOL.

8 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

No, parking at the terminal was $25 2 years ago and earlier. I did b2b on Oasis in October 2021. It was announced that the  $30 parking fee was to go into effect on the second cruise, fortunately it did not and the $25 rate was in effect in 2022 as well.

6 hours ago, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

When are you sailing? If it is during the months that 2 Royal ships and Celebrity sail from Bayonne, most likely you will be directed to surface parking lots not the garage.

The road leading to the terminal is 1 lane which expands to 2 when the terminal is in sight. Arriving before 10:30 am will minimize the time waiting to approach the terminal. All vehicles must pass through the luggage drop zone regardless if they utilize it or not.

9 hours ago, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

It also depends on how many ships are currently sailing on different dates out of Cape Liberty.  If you're sailing from June-October, the Liberty AND Symphony are alternating departures and possibly might fill the parking garage.   By November, it'll just be the Odyssey for the winter, so parking should be plenty.

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

In November and February the garage was only accepting handicapped tags.

I believe that you are remembering incorrectly.  When only one ship is porting in Cape Liberty, everyone gets to park in the garage.  This time period is roughly November to March.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, meadowlander said:

No, parking at the terminal was $25 2 years ago and earlier. I did b2b on Oasis in October 2021. It was announced that the  $30 parking fee was to go into effect on the second cruise, fortunately it did not and the $25 rate was in effect in 2022 as well.

Already addressed. My answer was correct as asked by the OP for the current rate at $30.  The rest, although not correct to my recollection as explained, is irrelevant to the original question.  It would be helpful if when quoting me you also had the full context of my subsequent responses.

44 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Already addressed. My answer was correct as asked by the OP for the current rate at $30.  The rest, although not correct to my recollection as explained, is irrelevant to the original question.  It would be helpful if when quoting me you also had the full context of my subsequent responses.

No problem. I had not seen your subsequent posts when I quoted your first reply with your irrelevant incorrect additional info "up from $20 two years ago".  For the number of cruises I sail from Bayonne, I wish the daily rate was $20 not the present $30.

7 hours ago, meadowlander said:

No problem. I had not seen your subsequent posts when I quoted your first reply with your irrelevant incorrect additional info "up from $20 two years ago".  For the number of cruises I sail from Bayonne, I wish the daily rate was $20 not the present $30.

Thanks. You and me both. The $20 days are indeed long gone. I should have cleared the cobwebs better before posting the prior rates. Still a very convenient departure port with very good facilities.  Quite a change from the original terminal!

I wonder where you are directed if the deck is full and so is the overflow lot across the street from the terminal/deck.   With Symphony and Liberty and Celebrity Eclipse using this port for the summer, I'm concerned about parking and thinking of using Uber/Lyft instead.

What has been people's experience in the past month or so--since the 3 ships are using this port?