Royal Caribbean Resort—Nassau ?

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Status or any updates if this investment is still viable. 

Assuming you are talking about the Beach Club here's an existing thread:

Posted (edited)

Other threads have addressed this as pointed out by @Biker19.  But to update, they broke ground in April and are targeting a 2025 opening date.  If you go to google maps satellite view of Paradise Island they have the site pinned with several planned finished site pictures attached.

It is still vaible.  As a side note there is a similar site planned for Cozumel, I think targeting 2026.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Assuming you are talking about the Beach Club here's an existing thread:

I'm looking for any update since those announcements.  It's been awful quiet and wondering if it was abandoned.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm looking for any update since those announcements.  It's been awful quiet and wondering if it was abandoned.

They broke ground less than two months ago - asking someone sailing into Nassau might be the best source for progress. The quarterly SEC filing in about a month may have a mention.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They broke ground less than two months ago - asking someone sailing into Nassau might be the best source for progress. The quarterly SEC filing in about a month may have a mention.

I've got a Utopia sail maybe it's a question at the Captain's Q&A, if they have one on a short sail.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I've got a Utopia sail maybe it's a question at the Captain's Q&A, if they have one on a short sail.

They likely won't and not sure any shipboard staff would have details on a land side project.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If anything, they will probably just echo the press releases which say that they broke ground in April and are planning a 2025 opening.  That, with the accompanying website link in the press release, is where I got my information - LOL. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

They likely won't and not sure any shipboard staff would have details on a land side project.

In the past they have had off ship information on new ship builds and intended regions of service, etc., along with ship board information exchanges.  I would think the senior staff would have at least some general information about the Nassau development.  Especially if they will be sailing there on a regular basis.  JMO.

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Isn't that Nicholas Cage's house that got damaged / abandoned by a storm several years ago?

Yes.  We just saw it a few weeks ago coming back from Sun Cay.  Still looks terrible.

• Like 1