Celebrity elite + daily drinks like RCCL

auxxcay

With the new matching loyalty program for the 3 cruise lines I wonder if Celebrity will  ow change to 5 drinks throughout the day rather than united drinks for 2 hours like Royal did a few years back. I like the 5 drinks throughout the day so much better! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, auxxcay said:

With the new matching loyalty program for the 3 cruise lines I wonder if Celebrity will  ow change to 5 drinks throughout the day rather than united drinks for 2 hours like Royal did a few years back. I like the 5 drinks throughout the day so much better! 

That would be great if they did, but I wouldn't bank on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, auxxcay said:

Your interpretation of how RCCL's tier level drink benefits works, and how it changed, needs a little clarity.  RCCL used to have unlimited drinks each night including embarkation day in the Diamond Club during their cocktail hours which lasted for 3-1/2 hours. This benefit was available to Diamond tiers and higher. (Celebrity does not offer this on embarkation day or Captains night and it is for 2 hours only on the days it is offered).

The change to this was a few years pre-pandemic and was the result of high crowd levels in the DC.  The change was help thin the herd in the DC which then allowed for Diamond to have 4 vouchers, Diamond + to have 5 vouchers, and Pinnacle to have 6 vouchers loaded on their SeaPass card daily for use anywhere on the ship at anytime - including in the DC during cocktail hours.  (Early on the drink count during the cocktail hours in the DC was not necessarily enforced as it is now).  

If Celebrity were to follow this, the amount of vouchers likely would be aligned by tier at Elite with 4, Elite+ with 5 (as you indicate). Zenith already has the drink package included, so this would be moot with them.

We feel this has worked out well.  The vouchers also are combinable between spouses allowing for (in our case) 10 drinks per couple per day where I can use mine for her and visa versa.  Unused vouchers at the end of the day can be used for unopened canned or bottled beverages (beer, truly, water, soda) which can be taken to your stateroom for another time.  The vouchers can also be used individually for discounts on bottles of wine purchased. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, auxxcay said:

They probably won’t change.

30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Your interpretation of how RCCL's tier level drink benefits works, and how it changed, needs a little clarity.  RCCL used to have unlimited drinks each night including embarkation day in the Diamond Club during their cocktail hours which lasted for 3-1/2 hours. This benefit was available to Diamond tiers and higher. (Celebrity does not offer this on embarkation day or Captains night and it is for 2 hours only on the days it is offered).

The change to this was a few years pre-pandemic and was the result of high crowd levels in the DC.  The change was help thin the herd in the DC which then allowed for Diamond to have 4 vouchers, Diamond + to have 5 vouchers, and Pinnacle to have 6 vouchers loaded on their SeaPass card daily for use anywhere on the ship at anytime - including in the DC during cocktail hours.  (Early on the drink count during the cocktail hours in the DC was not necessarily enforced as it is now).  

If Celebrity were to follow this, the amount of vouchers likely would be aligned by tier at Elite with 4, Elite+ with 5 (as you indicate). Zenith already has the drink package included, so this would be moot with them.

We feel this has worked out well.  The vouchers also are combinable between spouses allowing for (in our case) 10 drinks per couple per day where I can use mine for her and visa versa.  Unused vouchers at the end of the day can be used for unopened canned or bottled beverages (beer, truly, water, soda) which can be taken to your stateroom for another time.  The vouchers can also be used individually for discounts on bottles of wine purchased. 

Small correction.  Recent change added drinks on embarkation night

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

...(Celebrity does not offer this on embarkation day or Captains night and it is for 2 hours only on the days it is offered).

The recently announced changes include drinks on embarkation day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Minor correction the HH is now on embarkation day also.  

Why would Celebrity change their benefits to match Royal with the number of drink coupons up to  E+/D+ but retain the Zenith premium package benefit?  That would make no sense.  Currently it appears that Pinnacles are booking Celebrity in increased numbers to get the better benefits. 

Just now, jelayne said:

Minor correction the HH is now on embarkation day also.  

Why would Celebrity change their benefits to match Royal with the number of drink coupons up to  E+/D+ but retain the Zenith premium package benefit?  That would make no sense.  Currently it appears that Pinnacles are booking Celebrity in increased numbers to get the better benefits. 

Your minor correction has already been noted.  I'm not suggesting anything factual, but simply saying that since Zenith already has the package included, vouchers for six drinks such as their tier counterpart Pinnacle would not be necessary IMO. The question could just as well be asked as why would they change that to lessen the benefit to Zenith? But as the entire conversation is hypothetical, there is no clear right or wrong answer either way.

Others have suggested the migration, in particular of Pinnacles, to Celebrity.  Are there facts or data to support this or is it just supposition?  Curious.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Apparently the minor correction was pointed out while I was replying, sorry to be redundant. 

Not an issue - just acknowledging it.  I appreciate when incorrect statements or information is corrected on my behalf. So much changes in this industry frequently its hard to keep up.  And I don't like responding with incorrect information.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

the programmes are different but, depending on your drinking habits, X's can be much more more valuable and it is way better for us.

We  don't drink any alcohol our Elite + status gives us unlimited speciality coffees (hot and iced), teas and hot chocolate. During Happy hour we can collect water/sodas in unopened bottles to last the whole on the next 24 hours plus we get juices during that period. Also fruit smoothies at the Elite breakfast.

In total this is way more than the 5 drinks each we get on Royal.

Free internet is also better on X. We do minimum 12 nights Royal gives us 4 days between us leaving 8 with nothing. Royals 240 each can easily be spread over the whole cruise - prepare of line, log on and send, logout , read off line.

Choice is good

• Like 3

8 hours ago, auxxcay said:

We hope that Celebrity changes to allowing the drinks the same as Royal. We prefer that much better than having to go somewhere specific for a couple of hours. 

• Like 1

People keep forgetting celebrity has the captain club breakfast which are elite and above which allows you to get mimosas and or bloody Mary’s. That is 8-10 in the morning.  Usually I think.  The 5-7 HH I doubt will change.   

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Should Celebrity also change the laundry to a discount instead of a free laundry 🤔

No , no a thousand time no.🤑

11 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Your minor correction has already been noted.  I'm not suggesting anything factual, but simply saying that since Zenith already has the package included, vouchers for six drinks such as their tier counterpart Pinnacle would not be necessary IMO. The question could just as well be asked as why would they change that to lessen the benefit to Zenith? But as the entire conversation is hypothetical, there is no clear right or wrong answer either way.

Others have suggested the migration, in particular of Pinnacles, to Celebrity.  Are there facts or data to support this or is it just supposition?  Curious.

I was more interested in the benefit for Elite and Elite plus. When Royal had happy hour I’d find myself getting as many cocktails and glasses of wine that I thought I would want for the night and carrying them around. It’s just so much easier to have 4 or 5 free drinks a day when you near them! 

9 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

No , no a thousand time no.🤑

Recently Royal had one free wash and fold on a 7 night and subsequent bags at $10.

10 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

We hope that Celebrity changes to allowing the drinks the same as Royal. We prefer that much better than having to go somewhere specific for a couple of hours. 

the 5 to 7 pm drinks are available every day including boarding day at almost every bar on the ship - full list printed on the Elite Information sheet when you board.

Speciality coffee/teas/chocolate from the Al Bacio all day and a more limited range from every  bar on the ship with an espresso machine during bar opening hours

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bikerunner said:

People keep forgetting celebrity has the captain club breakfast which are elite and above which allows you to get mimosas and or bloody Mary’s. That is 8-10 in the morning.  Usually I think.  The 5-7 HH I doubt will change.   

and champagne/sparkling wine plus fruit smoothies that are an "extra charge" item in other parts of the ship.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, auxxcay said:

I wonder if Celebrity will  ow change to 5 drinks throughout the day rather than united drinks for 2 hours

I hope they never do this.  

• Like 1