Glass half full or half empty

doubledown_58

34 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

We were in this same situation, one point away.  We have a 14-night cruise coming up and wanted to be platinum for that one, so we booked a quick 4-night cruise to push us over the edge.

Did the same thing a few years back!

For whatever reason*, my husband has 3 less points than I. We have only cruised together and he didn't  jump overboard and miss 3 days. 

The result - he became platinum one cruise after me because of the missing 3 points.

I think it was a mix up with our very first cruise as NCL did a big update years ago, now and they'd missed that first cruise. Either I got 3 extra days or he was shorted. Ah well, it is what it is.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, njkate said:

Not much different in percs between Platinum and Sapphire

Yes, I realized that I could delay my next cruise a couple of months and get double points for that week and then move my Feb cruise to Dec to get double points for that and I would be Sapphire after my Jan cruise.  I almost did it, but then looked at the difference in perks.  Decided it wasn't worth changing my cruise dates from ones that were much better for me (and my Jan cruise would have moved from the Prima to the Getaway).  There were great additional perks to becoming Platinum (free laundry, 2 free dinners, etc)

On 6/29/2024 at 12:16 PM, Nilbog said:

We were in this same situation, one point away.  We have a 14-night cruise coming up and wanted to be platinum for that one, so we booked a quick 4-night cruise to push us over the edge.

With Carnival if you will change status during a cruise, you get that status from the start of the cruise. Does NCL not do that?

12 minutes ago, Denise72 said:

With Carnival if you will change status during a cruise, you get that status from the start of the cruise. Does NCL not do that?

No, with NCL you get the new status after you finish the cruise.

• Like 2

Ya gots to take a cruise! Or, just wait. Like we did. We were at 69 points, so not as close. Now we're Platinum after a Transatlantic.

If you're breathing and cruising, then the glass is always full. Not half full, but full! Or, I'm just a Pollyanna. I'm good with either. 

Get that one or two or three day cruise! Have fun!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Denise72 said:

No, but if you are booked on a B2B and your Latitudes status changes as a result of the first cruise, you do get the perks of the higher status at the start of the second cruise.

44 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If you're breathing and cruising, then the glass is always full. Not half full, but full! Or, I'm just a Pollyanna. I'm good with either.

Some folks look at the glass and say "The glass is half full."

Others look at it and say "The glass is half empty."

I look at it and say "I wonder why they didn't just use a smaller glass?"

As @cruiseny4life said, if your expectations are reasonable and and they are reasonably well met, your glass is always full.

• Thanks 1