Back from Liberty b2b

Two weeks flew by. I would take a lot to make a cruise a bad one....so I could dig for complaints but I won't.  

I was surprised St Maarten (not as nice as I expected) and Puerto Plata (nicer than I expected)....and by some parts if the All Acess Tour. For example, I assumed they ordered pretty much the same provisions each cruise. They actually use the demographics and historical data for each group of passengers to determine the order. (More kids? More chicken fingers!! They take into account nationality, age, etc). 

I'm never surprised but always appalled at how rude some people can be.   There is a sense of entitlement among some folks, though overall people were kind and helpful.  

Loved the 3 story dining room.   The only "complaint" about Liberty was really just that Schooner Bar was WAY too small for the activities she hosted.  The appeal of winning a free pen requires a much larger venue. 

Did NOT like Saturday Night Fever. We didn't stick it out all the way through.  

What else...? Any questions? 

We just got back from Liberty as well and agree with most everything, except "Saturday Night Fever", simply because we loved the music and choreography.

We did the backstage tour for the theater and got to meet the Dance Captain. She was very sweet and knowledgeable. 

40 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We just got back from Liberty as well and agree with most everything, except "Saturday Night Fever", simply because we loved the music and choreography.

We did the backstage tour for the theater and got to meet the Dance Captain. She was very sweet and knowledgeable. 

Wonder if we were on the same tour. Ours was Friday 9:30am.

I appreciate how hard they worked on it and the choreography and sets were fantastic   my issue with it was (from my perspective) it was sometimes difficult to make put the dialogue.   Idk if it was in the delivery of the lines (the speed of their delivery) or just my old ears....but it got frustrating that I felt I was missing some of what they were saying.  

2 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

I appreciate how hard they worked on it and the choreography and sets were fantastic   my issue with it was (from my perspective) it was sometimes difficult to make put the dialogue.   Idk if it was in the delivery of the lines (the speed of their delivery) or just my old ears....but it got frustrating that I felt I was missing some of what they were saying.  

We were on the same tour! 

I went to 2 different showings of "Saturday Night Fever", the opening show and matinee. The matinee was easier to understand but they had their own issues: they experienced technical difficulties and had to delay the show for about 5-10 min. Some of the sets and mics weren't working.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We were on the same tour! 

I went to 2 different showings of "Saturday Night Fever", the opening show and matinee. The matinee was easier to understand but they had their own issues: they experienced technical difficulties and had to delay the show for about 5-10 min. Some of the sets and mics weren't working.

Dh.

I will say the tour exceeded our expectations.  Thought it was great and recommend to everyone!

20240628_112126.jpg

• Like 1

I loved Saturday Night Fever when I was on Liberty. However, it’s likely the cast you saw was completely different than the cast I saw. I understand your comment about trivia in the Schooner Bar. That is a problem on every RCI ship I have been on, the location for trivia is always too small on sea days and at night. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I understand your comment about trivia in the Schooner Bar. That is a problem on every RCI ship I have been on, the location for trivia is always too small on sea days and at night. 

Trivia does not belong in bars.  They need a larger "trivia room" ... with a bar.  😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

That’s something Quantum class nailed. 

Quantum class still does trivia in the Schooner Bar.  How dare someone goes their during trivia time for a drink, and wants to have a conversation with other passengers.

Granted, they also do trivia in Two70, which is a much better venue than Schooner.

Edited by Another_Critic

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Quantum class does a lot of trivia in the Schooner Bar.  How dare someone goes their during trivia time for a drink, and wants to have a conversation with other passengers.

On Anthem, most trivia, especially on sea days and in evenings, was in Two70 or Music Hall. 

Just now, pyrateslife4me84 said:

On Anthem, most trivia, especially on sea days and in evenings, was in Two70 or Music Hall. 

I had edited my post to mention Two70, but forgot about the Music Hall.  Oasis also did some trivia in Music Hall.

19 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Yeah they purposely put on that accent to the dialogue so that can make it harder to understand sometimes.  

The Schooner bar is fairly small on the Freedom/Voyager classes, agreed.  Can be hard to find a seat if there is a good piano player too. 

We were on the Liberty a few weeks ago and it’s been a while (7 years) since we’ve been on a Freedom class ship.  Forgot how much we love that class.  So easy to navigate, still a very large ship, and plenty of stuff to keep us entertained.

Glad you had a great time.  

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Trivia does not belong in bars.  They need a larger "trivia room" ... with a bar.  😄

I actually thought the Star Lounge was a perfect spot for trivia and should be on more ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I actually thought the Star Lounge was a perfect spot for trivia and should be on more ships.

Agree!!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Or Bolero’s 

• Thanks 1

Sailing Liberty in 2 weeks for the first time. I'm looking forward to Saturday night fever, I guess we will see how it actually is. I was following a cast member\head dancer on Instagram for a while so it was cool to see some of the behind the scenes stuff. We sailed Oasis a few times last year, so actually excited to see a slightly smaller, (but not small) ship and see how the layout and crowds feel. 

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Sailing Liberty in 2 weeks for the first time. I'm looking forward to Saturday night fever, I guess we will see how it actually is. I was following a cast member\head dancer on Instagram for a while so it was cool to see some of the behind the scenes stuff. We sailed Oasis a few times last year, so actually excited to see a slightly smaller, (but not small) ship and see how the layout and crowds feel. 

Sign up for the backstage tour, you'll get to meet the cast. Our cast member was the Dance Captain and she talked about what goes on behind the scenes, rehearsals, and the audition process (she said she went through 7 rounds).

6 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We sailed Oasis a few times last year, so actually excited to see a slightly smaller, (but not small) ship and see how the layout and crowds feel. 

I don’t consider Liberty to be a small ship, but she is significantly smaller than Oasis. 

7 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We sailed twice on both. They are just very different ships... Not sure how to compare them.

As for main Broadway show Liberty of course beats Oasis by a mile!

I liked Ice show better on Liberty too... and second theater show In the Air was amazing!!!

Oasis class has own unbeatable things like water show, Central park music and so on.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 6:02 PM, sadiwest said:

. . . The only "complaint" about Liberty was really just that Schooner Bar was WAY too small for the activities she hosted.  The appeal of winning a free pen requires a much larger venue. 

So if this ship is like Explorer and Adventure, (I'll be finding out soon for myself!) totally agree!  Way too small and crowded for popular trivia.  You'd think the Activities crew would note this and move it to a larger space, but nope. 

We did win Royal pens on Adventure in March, and I was surprised they were giving anything since it seems like years since winning merchandise   I view it as free advertising for Royal; what do the trinkets cost them to give out?  $1 each max?  

ok I'm done.   🤩

7 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

So if this ship is like Explorer and Adventure, (I'll be finding out soon for myself!) totally agree!  Way too small and crowded for popular trivia.  You'd think the Activities crew would note this and move it to a larger space, but nope. 

Just an FYI, Explorer and Adventure are Voyager class ships while Liberty is a Freedom class ship. Freedom class ships are bigger than Voyager class ships, although the layout of both ship classes are very similar (Freedom class ships are basically a bigger version of Voyager class ships).  

21 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, Explorer and Adventure are Voyager class ships while Liberty is a Freedom class ship. Freedom class ships are bigger than Voyager class ships, although the layout of both ship classes are very similar (Freedom class ships are basically a bigger version of Voyager class ships).  

The Schooner Bar is the same size on both classes.

On 7/2/2024 at 3:50 PM, mets123 said:

Trinkets at trivia probably cost a quarter or less. Last year they used the Star lounge for a lot of their trivia sessions.

They reminded everyone that paying for internet (to Google or Shazaam answers) costs significantly more than the item they'd win. Lol

For me it's a chance to test myself on how much I either know or remember.   There were a number of new types of trivia among the old standbys:  existing was ABBA, Beatles, Classic Rock, Queen...new (to us anyway): cat breeds, dog breeds, mascots, NFL.

My one annoyance (other than Schooner size) is there were a handful of answers that were wrong.  Just factually wrong.

I did learn that all of these trivia games/answers come from the home office. At least that's what we're told.