Park 19 on Sun Princess

12 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

Yeah.....it wont be open in 2 weeks.
Plus....to get excited over it.....well, the area is terribly small.  And the glider was to be paid for too.

Was their any mention of a price? I've yet to here anything. 

10 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear on what i meant.  It's one thing to walk from the pool area to the buffet,  but to have to get on an elevator to go to the buffet in the middle of the ship, then back seems like a lot of effort. 

And people think getting up and going somewhere makes you a chair hog now, can't imagine what that might be like on that ship.

It's what they're forcing us to do. I don't like the idea of taking an elevator to another deck to get lunch but it is what it is.

Sign me up to be a chair hog.

I haven't experienced it yet but every thing I read about the Sun Princess so far makes me want to return to the Royal layout. From dining to entertainment to lack of an adult space to shortage of seating for some areas.

We shall see for ourselves some day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Was their any mention of a price? I've yet to here anything. 

They never said how much but it was mentioned.

Now there is no reference to Park 19 at all and its rumoured that its going to be taken down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

Now there is no reference to Park 19 at all and its rumoured that its going to be taken down.

They’re probably looking to relocate it away from the Sanctuary, since some people were afraid the noise might be too close.

What makes me curious, since I have a current booking, is how the Star current build may or may not be taking any of these and other potential design flaws or adjustments into account.  I’ve not been able to find any news on the current progress. @dides, can you enlighten us? I know you’re usually on top of things here. 

40 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

What makes me curious, since I have a current booking, is how the Star current build may or may not be taking any of these and other potential design flaws or adjustments into account.  I’ve not been able to find any news on the current progress. @dides, can you enlighten us? I know you’re usually on top of things here. 

As us Brits say, not heard a sausage about Star Princess build or changes in design, not since the Sanctuary class and launch delay were announced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

Now that I can't believe.

They've spent to much money to turn back now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 555 said:

How is it even possible that you can go all the way through from thought to construction and not realize how bad an idea something is.  Lots of people should be fired over this new class of ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

How is it even possible that you can go all the way through from thought to construction and not realize how bad an idea something is.  Lots of people should be fired over this new class of ship. 

As much as I'm not overjoyed with the layout of this new ship. I'm certain that it will attract many new passengers who normally would book other cruise lines, if only for the kids attractions. 

We'll be trying it out only to see if we like it & if not we'll be back to the Royal class which we've gotten to like. 

We're creatures of habit & this new layout doesn't thrill us. 

Even the cabin layout is weird. We always put our bags standing in the closet & reach in for things & now I suppose they'll have to go under the bed? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 555 said:

As much as I'm not overjoyed with the layout of this new ship. I'm certain that it will attract many new passengers who normally would book other cruise lines, if only for the kids attractions. 

We'll be trying it out only to see if we like it & if not we'll be back to the Royal class which we've gotten to like. 

Even the cabin layout is weird. We always put our bags standing in the closet & reach in for things & now I suppose they'll have to go under the bed? 

I haven’t sailed on the Sun yet but I already know that I’m not too crazy about the closet. I am looking forward to a different class of ship. I guess I will know in a few months how I feel about it but from watching videos, I think I’m going to love this ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dides said:

As us Brits say, not heard a sausage about Star Princess build or changes in design, not since the Sanctuary class and launch delay were announced.

Thanks…obviously not the news event or excitement it was last year with the Sun, which I suppose is expected for the next born. Just like families 😉

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Perhaps they’re following the NY State model…spend 20 million to upgrade a prison then shut it down the following year. 

37 minutes ago, 555 said:

Have you been on it?
Its very small. Kids will play there once and be done with it because guaranteed, theyll limit who can go on the ropes at one time, and the queues will be stupid because its so small.
The splash pad will be full with two toddlers on it.

The glider, which was a pay to play activity, looks positively dangerous. Its a H&S and litigious nightmare waiting to happen.

They totally messed up. They could have had a really nice space up there for kids if thats what they were aiming for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleTinker said:

Have you been on it?
Its very small. Kids will play there once and be done with it because guaranteed, theyll limit who can go on the ropes at one time, and the queues will be stupid because its so small.
The splash pad will be full with two toddlers on it.

The glider, which was a pay to play activity, looks positively dangerous. Its a H&S and litigious nightmare waiting to happen.

They totally messed up. They could have had a really nice space up there for kids if thats what they were aiming for.

No I haven't sailed yet so perhaps I shouldn't talk but doesn't RCI have a similar thing just like the Rollglider ?  

I haven heard people saying much about it.

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, cmcclusk said:

Check out this video from blogger & cruise reviewer - Don's Family Vacations

https://youtu.be/OQ61MBBDLQM?si=Y0rKaAHWXJJutfrf

The only thing he told us that wasn't already posted here was that Princess issued a statement that they are actively evaluating what to do with that area. Even that may have been posted and I just missed it.

I'm going to be interested in watching the on-going build of the Star Princess to get an early idea of what's going to replace Park 19.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, beg3yrs said:

I'm going to be interested in watching the on-going build of the Star Princess to get an early idea of what's going to replace Park 19.

Pickleball maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Pickleball maybe.

I hope so - can you imagine the people below in the Sanctuary - or at least part of it - with the pickleballers right above them.

Good times!

such a turrible design placement  ...

57 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I hope so - can you imagine the people below in the Sanctuary - or at least part of it - with the pickleballers right above them.

Good times!

lol-045[1].gif

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Good times!

Probably a stupid question but since I’ve never played pickleball…..is it really loud enough to cause problems with the Sanctuary, when considering that there is never really total silence on any cruise ship?

Well, capturing a screenshot of the Star Princess rendering on the Princess web-site shows a different kind of structure in place of Park 19. Not quite sure what it is but it is definitely different.

image.png.cdeae3e89ac450289136b6daf5422248.png

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, beg3yrs said:

A more age-appropriate Electric Scooter race track and obstacle course?? 😎

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Haha 6

On 6/30/2024 at 3:53 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Sox,  It is limited, but it IS a kids and family area.   There should be a small splash-pad, etc.

It is a place for kids and families to spend time onboard.

Along with the fact that there is NO open adult-only area.

Princess really does it again...  Ugggghhhh.

Yes, I see this as a problem when the ship hits the Caribbean, Holidays, Spring Break, etc..

Where are you getting this information that there is NO open adult-only area?  I just got off the Sun Princess and there are TWO adult only areas on the ship.  The Sanctuary and The Dome are currently AO.  Not only that, but the Sanctuary was a literal ghost town with barely anyone in the area even on sea days.  I had access to the Sanctuary, but couldn't really use it as I was traveling with a minor, so I was quite upset that the Dome area was also made AO as that pushed most families to the Lido Deck for pool access.

As for Park 19, yes, we asked and they are still awaiting the safety certification as has been posted.