Live from the Land of Princess

Theatre show tonight was a hit. The performer is from England and does crooner-type oldies even though he is not an oldie like last night’s chap.

Sorry for the bad lighting in this quick photo taken in between guests getting on and off the elevator.

IMG_8306.thumb.jpeg.ff6904a1dbc0b825930a15d07db0636a.jpeg

IMG_8307.thumb.jpeg.98882eb4282a03b3cb25739143f847db.jpeg

• Like 8

The fabulous piano bar entertainer in Crooners, Don Juan, is so popular he has his own show in Explorers Lounge tonight. Passengers requested this and Cruise Director Aaron made it happen.

Don just received the biggest cheer from the crowd here to see him and all he was doing was entering the backstage area!

• Like 8

There are so many sick people on board! There are cabins in quarantine with balcony tables outside for meal delivery and bags for hazmat materials.

I hold my breath every time I walk by a quarantined cabin but sometimes I get to my own cabin and realize I am still holding my breath.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

There are 100 guests under the age of 21.

Two years ago for Spring Break on the NCL Bliss there were 1200 kids (under the age of 18) on board.

Thanks for checking 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

There are so many sick people on board! There are cabins in quarantine with balcony tables outside for meal delivery and bags for hazmat materials.

I hold my breath every time I walk by a quarantined cabin but sometimes I get to my own cabin and realize I am still holding my breath.

Oh no that’s not good

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I was on the Island Princess last September, visiting the British Isles and Iceland. By the end of the cruise, it sounded like most people were sick, by the coughing, and there were dozens of balcony tables in the hallways. When we got home, 3 out of the 4 of us had Covid. 😷

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

I just…can’t…

My, what an "interesting" ice sculpture. 🤪

Your food pictures are making me crazy. I haven't eaten to day as I'm holding out for "Lunch with Old Farts" as we call it. We're meeting old friends (and I do mean old but then we all are...) at a local place that is right near the University campus and is decorated with about a bazillion different items on the walls, on the tables, hanging from the ceiling, etc. You are making the wait difficult. 😉

• Haha 2

@Teechur

Oh no! I hope everyone recovered quickly with no lasting symptoms.

This is totally off topic, but after having Covid I now have an aversion to all kinds of toothpaste. It is so bizarre! 

I just want to add that my impression is the ship is very clean. Handrails are regularly wiped down and sanitized as are bar tops and tables. The public bathrooms are always clean and have never been short on TP, soap or paper towels. Purell stations are plentiful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My, what an "interesting" ice sculpture. 🤪

Your food pictures are making me crazy. I haven't eaten to day as I'm holding out for "Lunch with Old Farts" as we call it. We're meeting old friends (and I do mean old but then we all are...) at a local place that is right near the University campus and is decorated with about a bazillion different items on the walls, on the tables, hanging from the ceiling, etc. You are making the wait difficult. 😉

I hope you have a lovely lunch with your friends! I bet they are a fun group with delightful stories to share.

16 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

@Teechur

Oh no! I hope everyone recovered quickly with no lasting symptoms.

This is totally off topic, but after having Covid I now have an aversion to all kinds of toothpaste. It is so bizarre! 

I just want to add that my impression is the ship is very clean. Handrails are regularly wiped down and sanitized as are bar tops and tables. The public bathrooms are always clean and have never been short on TP, soap or paper towels. Purell stations are plentiful. 

We all recovered quickly. The one who didn't catch Covid in our group gets immunized regularly. As a result, I got a booster before my recent cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec. Everyone seemed really healthy on that cruise. Very little coughing, and no hallway tables.

LOL, I'm not a fan of toothpaste either but only because I don't like mint. For years, I used chocolate-flavored toothpaste, or lemon, or lime, until they were discontinued. Now, I just tolerate mint.

Great review! I'm enjoying your writings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

That ice sculpture is probably an homage to Marie's sculpture on "Everybody Loves Raymond."

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=marie's+sculpture+Everybody+Loves+Raymond&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6fZSoiMKW5M

That, or the creators were inspired by a day trip to the Phallological Museum in Reykjavik. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I am thoroughly enjoying your live review. I love your writing style and humor. Your photos are wonderful! DH and I are long-time Celebrity cruisers and we have booked Princess for a TA to Southampton next April and an Alaska southbound cruise tour next August-September to celebrate a big birthday for my husband. (We also have a Celebrity ABC cruise in January to celebrate retirement and a big birthday for me.)

Following your live review and a couple of others on the Princess board reassures me that we will enjoy cruising Princess. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your travels this summer! I will be following. 😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

There are 100 guests under the age of 21.

Two years ago for Spring Break on the NCL Bliss there were 1200 kids (under the age of 18) on board.

I would turn around and get off the ship 

of course, I don’t book during spring break

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleally said:

I would turn around and get off the ship 

of course, I don’t book during spring break

Being a school librarian, she does not much much of a choice as when she can cruise, (Spring Break, Summer Vacation time, Christmas Break).

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Being a school librarian, she does not much much of a choice as when she can cruise, (Spring Break, Summer Vacation time, Christmas Break).

Yes, I absolutely understand that, I said I would get off the ship. I was talking about myself

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Dear Captain Marco

Thank you for navigating us safely across the Atlantic.

It is 2:12am and I can’t sleep. Perhaps you can help. I know it is not foggy tonight and visibility is clear. However, the man in the cabin next to mine is snoring so loudly it travels up one wall, reverberates off the ceiling and echoes down the other side of the wall. It would really help me out if you could recruit him for back up fog horn purposes and begin his foghorn basic training at the earliest convenience, hopefully this morning.

Sincerely,

your sleep deprived passenger

Yvonne

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 5
  • Haha 25

Good morning from Scotland!

We are docked at Stornoway in the Outer Hebrides. I have never been to any Hebrides before, inside or outside, so I’m excited. 

Immigration was smooth: it was a two second process where they just compared passport photo to actual face. Like when donating blood, there was a little section with juice when we were done. I skipped that and went to Horizon Court where I made myself an open-faced sandwich with an English muffin, fried egg, cheddar cheese and a hash brown patty.

IMG_8315.thumb.jpeg.3a3b548d61d2d10943e95e3a66508d42.jpeg

IMG_8316.thumb.jpeg.d3c56871a4a34726d7e77de1e4e1f0d6.jpeg

IMG_8317.thumb.jpeg.9f984b9c0ede02ff226cc9133244619c.jpeg

IMG_8318.thumb.jpeg.8141e250f384bf62faec54bfead91f94.jpeg

IMG_8319.thumb.jpeg.c74310aa08ee95673a6887330cd9a5d5.jpeg

IMG_8320.thumb.jpeg.ffe5a209d3f207106e13d31de5dc2b76.jpeg

I have an excursion this afternoon so don’t have time to take the free shuttle into town and back. This means morning Prosecco with pineapple next to the glittering sea.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

There are so many sick people on board! There are cabins in quarantineu with balcony tables outside for meal delivery and bags for hazmat materials.

We got off the Island Princess when you were getting on.  For the last 2 days I had an awful cough (perhaps I kept the people next door up all night), so I self-quarantined. Came home, got tested a few days later...not covid, not flu A and not flu B.  Just run of the mill bronchitis.  But I still have a residual cough.

Is your cold better? (I think you mentioned you had a cold...or maybe you were just cold!)

• Like 2