Live from the Land of Princess

Glad you got to Voice of the Ocean - it’s a never miss for us. I’m disappointed that the culinary demonstration hasn’t appeared on either of your sailings. That’s another highlight for us. I wonder if Princess has discontinued it?

Posted (edited)

It has been on both. I just didn’t go. I was at the bar. Both times!

I’ve learned from years of cruising that I don’t need to do everything and that it’s ok to save something for another time.

You can see it listed in today’s patter.

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 6

What would you do if you had the “Privacy Please” sign on and your room steward stood outside the door and phoned you? This has now happened twice and both times he woke me up.

To me, do not disturb means do not disturb and not “call me!”

• Like 12

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

What would you do if you had the “Privacy Please” sign on and your room steward stood outside the door and phoned you? This has now happened twice and both times he woke me up.

What did he want?  I would probably slip him a note under the door telling him to go away and stay away unless the ship catches fire. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I would go to Customer Service and ask to either speak with the steward's supervisor or the head of the hotel services. If they were not available I would ask that they contact me and would turn in a "made a difference" card (or whatever the proper name of it is) detailing the issue including my cabin number and the steward's name. The steward needs to be reprimanded and properly trained. If I didn't get satisfaction I would send an email with an attached not to customerrelations@princesscruises.com detailing my issue. I would also complain about the steward by name on my post-cruise survey.

• Like 3

SMH!!

I am just astounded and appalled  (hmmm...how many verbs that start with an 'A' can I conjure up??) that you have, across the board, encountered staff that just don't seem to understand that part of their job is to enhance the customer experience?  🤔

Thank goodness for the Good Spirits team!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are docked at Portland today and I am going to Weymouth.

Crew drill is currently underway and one of the announcements was all crew who are in isolation and quarantine should not leave their rooms for the crew safety drill.

• Like 6

So I’ve been waiting in the line for the shuttle into Weymouth for an hour. What I should have done (if I had known or thought this through) was book the excursion to Corfe castle today and explored Portland and Weymouth on my own last cruise. Getting 2000 people into town is faster than getting 4500 into town.

Oh well. It isn’t raining today and I’m excited to explore Weymouth and maybe shop a little.

I packed a lot of clothes that were worn out and old and I have them with me to either donate or dispose.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

We are docked at Portland today and I am going to Weymouth.

Crew drill is currently underway and one of the announcements was all crew who are in isolation and quarantine should not leave their rooms for the crew safety drill.

That’s a little scary. Stay well.  As far as the steward I would have opened the door…pointed at the sign and said do not ever call me again if that sign is there! And closed the door….with force.

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 4:48 PM, YVRteacher said:

I should not write while at the bar.

That should read “did not take me seriously at all.”

How funny that I read what you meant and not what you wrote.LOL..  I had to go back and reread it again.. I'm usually like your dad where I can catch the mistakes, but completely didn't this time.

• Like 2

OMG....just tell the steward not to disturb you when the sign is up because you are sleeping.  No need to report him or have him retrained.

On our sailing I didn't feel well the last two days...and I had the "do not disturb" on.  The steward knocked...I told him we were fine...and we didn't need his service at that time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Well, what did he/she want?

Before you follow-through as advised by some of the other posters and burn-up this person's job with his/her bosses, maybe it was something important? 

If not, then, well, um, burn-away...🔥

19 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

What did he want?

This has happened to us a few times. Came in before we could get to door.

Posted (edited)

He wanted to know if I needed any towels. 
I did not.

I had already told him not to disturb me if the privacy sign was on.

Both times I was in bed sleeping. 

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, YVRteacher said:

He wanted to know if I needed any towels. 
I did not.

I had already told him not to disturb me if the privacy sign was on.

Both times I was in bed sleeping. 

Yeah, unacceptable but cruise is almost over- no extra treats for him.

• Like 1

I’m at Alfredo’s having some bubbly, back on board after an absolutely fabulous day in Weymouth.

IMG_2042.thumb.jpeg.b7a3e21161604c061d37a65f1b0dc01b.jpeg

I got back to the cabin and saw my luggage tags. I also saw the disembarkation information and realized I had been given the incorrect colour/number. I took my pre-booked Princess Shuttle ticket (from the Regal to Heathrow) to Guest Services and before I could say anything the guest services officer took one look at the luggage tags and said “that’s wrong!”

This was a quick fix but it was yet another error.

IMG_2037.thumb.jpeg.79e1bb217230f73d3f6a6925efa3fcf0.jpeg

IMG_2038.thumb.jpeg.6e8cb7813c25116d89dd397b230e293d.jpeg

These are the wrong tags!

IMG_2039.thumb.jpeg.ed12471c9cafa227f0eec4c7aafb723b.jpeg

When the guest services officer brought me new luggage tags he handed me a stack of 5. I giggled and said “how much luggage do you think I have?”  He laughed and said “you never know!” I gave him back 4 tags so as not to waste them. He was a nice guy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 9:38 AM, YVRteacher said:

Thank you for reading! Yes, I’m on the NCL Jewel with my dad for a B2B from Vancouver to Seward and back.  I have written so many trip reports from the Jewel to Alaska that I won’t be doing another one this summer.

☹️

If I recall correctly, there is some expectation that will be your last cruise with Dad.  Enjoy every minute!  It is completely understandable that you won't do another trip report.  But maybe, just maybe, you can fill us in on the various Dad-isms when you return?  🤞

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

That’s a little scary. Stay well.  As far as the steward I would have opened the door…pointed at the sign and said do not ever call me again if that sign is there! And closed the door….with force.

I wasn’t dressed! I travel with carry on luggage and pyjamas didn’t make the cut!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

☹️

If I recall correctly, there is some expectation that will be your last cruise with Dad.  Enjoy every minute!  It is completely understandable that you won't do another trip report.  But maybe, just maybe, you can fill us in on the various Dad-isms when you return?  🤞

Sadly, my dad doesn’t talk a lot anymore. Dementia is impacting the language part of his brain and he is quite quiet these days.  

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I think you’d only have to go to the door once like that…….I kid…maybe…

He’d be knocking on my door night and day!!😁

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Sadly, my dad doesn’t talk a lot anymore. Dementia is impacting the language part of his brain and he is quite quiet these days.  

OH WOW!!!  I am so sorry.  Prayers for both you and Dad.

• Like 2