When does TA onboard credit show up?

My TA is giving us some OBC. It is not on our pre-cruise invoice or planner and the TA says it will only show up after we are onboard. When can I expect to see it on the folio---is it typically posted on the first day or does it usually take several days? 

It usually shows up the first day but we also find a note from Celebrity in our cabin on day 1 telling us about our TA's gift to us.  Invoices from our TA also show the amount of the credit. That is a good thing to have in case there is a foul up.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

You can spend it before it is reflected in your account after being on board.

Your onboard charges will go onto your onboard account. Once the OBC is added it will also go onto your onboard account.  At the end of the cruise the debits and credits will be reconciled.

Posted (edited)

My TA hates me because I ask “how much” expecting her to say A+B=C.  I can never seem to get a straight answer.

It shows up for us on the second day.

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We usually see it on the first day and also have a card in our room with Compliments from XXX with the dollar amount

You must be a better customer than we are.  I've not seen that happen for us yet. 

5 minutes ago, asctony said:

Why is it not show on the Celebrity App when you Check in? You make Final Payment & OBC should be there.

Travel agent credits are not part of your Celebrity booking so to speak. They are a gift to you from your TA once you are on board.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You must be a better customer than we are.  I've not seen that happen for us yet. 

It may just be the Travel Agent and how they send the OBC.   I believe mine purchases the OBC via Gifts which is probably the reason for the card. 

Mine also offers to take it off front end instead but I generally like to take it as an OBC so I get the credit card 3X points with Chase Sapphire.   I always withdraw the full credit before the end of teh cruise so I don't loose them as a credit.

Edited by Jim_Iain

24 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

Travel agent credits are not part of your Celebrity booking so to speak. They are a gift to you from your TA once you are on board.

Ok, so TA OBC not shown. I know what my TA OBC is. Why isn't X OBC shown?

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

It may just be the Travel Agent and how they send the OBC.   I believe mine purchases the OBC via Gifts which is probably the reason for the card. 

I think we use the same TA as I remember asking you for a reference 🙂  But I'll keep an eye out for a card in the future been giving him more business lately. 

Just now, asctony said:

Ok, so TA OBC not shown. I know what my TA OBC is. Why isn't X OBC shown?

It show show when you go to Plan my Cruise.   It will be top line next to your Initials

2024-07-04_14-19-00.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think we use the same TA as I remember asking you for a reference 🙂  But I'll keep an eye out for a card in the future been giving him more business lately. 

It is usually either among the other paperwork or on the cocktail table near where the card from the Hotel Director with the Bubbly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

It show show when you go to Plan my Cruise.   It will be top line next to your Initials

2024-07-04_14-19-00.jpg

Thank you  I do not see it on the X App.

I believe you are showing the X site.

Mine actually showed up a week in advance.  I know this because I still had OBC from my cruise purchase offer and then I went to buy a wine tasting earlier this week and the OBC available had gone up by $300 which is what I was expecting from the TA.  We are sailing on Monday.  Not sure why it would post that early.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, asctony said:

Thank you  I do not see it on the X App.

I believe you are showing the X site.

Yes.... easiest if use the web. 

On app -- they don't directly show you but if you do a mock booking of an excursion and go all the way to CheckOut -  it will show you your remaining OBC.    Same as above when using the app as oppose to web.

IMG_5266.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

40 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Mine actually showed up a week in advance.  I know this because I still had OBC from my cruise purchase offer and then I went to buy a wine tasting earlier this week and the OBC available had gone up by $300 which is what I was expecting from the TA.  We are sailing on Monday.  Not sure why it would post that early.

Was you Agent offering Refundable or Non-Refundable.    Some agencies get special promotional OBC and it is applied as non-refundable and thus shows up early.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.... easiest if use the web. 

On app -- they don't directly show you but if you do a mock booking of an excursion and go all the way to CheckOut -  it will show you your remaining OBC.    Same as above when using the app as oppose to web.

IMG_5266.png

Thanks for taking the time to help me and others. 

It's a shame that Cruise Lines have IT personnel who do not take the time and effort to code using the ole KISS method. It is apparent that they also do not employ V&V, Verification & Validation Testing, before they release their applications.

The apps are not User Friendly either.

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, asctony said:

Thanks for taking the time to help me and others. 

It's a shame that Cruise Lines have IT personnel who do not take the time and effort to code using the ole KISS method. It is apparent that they also do not employ V&V, Verification & Validation Testing, before they release their applications.

The apps are not User Friendly either.

Thanks again!

Just tried to do a Galley Tour to see if I could see my OBC in the X App.

I had to drill down 5 levels and still did not see OBC.

Totally useless!

34 minutes ago, asctony said:

Just tried to do a Galley Tour to see if I could see my OBC in the X App.

I had to drill down 5 levels and still did not see OBC.

Totally useless!

I just went to the website and my OBC showed in the top right corner.