MSC offers new shore excursion program for Yacht Club guests...

Stockjock

From Cruise Industry News...

MSC Cruises has introduced over 90 new shore excursions exclusively for MSC Yacht Club guests, available at various ports in the Caribbean Sea, Mediterranean Sea, and Northern Europe.

According to a press release, the line will extend the new program later to other parts of the world later this year.

The exclusive excursions are designed to attract MSC Yacht Club guests seeking culinary experiences, architectural treasures and adventure activities. These new tours, now available, will operate with small groups, offering MSC Yacht Club guests priority disembarkation and private transfers to local experts ashore.

Marialuisa Iaccarino, head of shore excursions, MSC Cruises, said: “The new offering has come following customer feedback and a desire for a more exclusive experience for MSC Yacht Club guests.  Guests will benefit from a seamless experience between the butlers’ service onboard and the excursion experts ashore as well as having the opportunity to relax and fully immerse themselves into each destination’s culture, cuisine and traditions.”

Guests in the MSC Yacht Club benefit from an exclusive area on a ship with its own sundeck and pool, restaurant and lounge and personalized service including a 24-hour butler and concierge desk.

Highlights among the 90+ new shore excursions include:

• Cannes, France:  Perfume-making workshop
  • Genoa, Italy:  Pesto cooking class
  • Akureyri, Iceland: Geothermal spa baths and national park visit 
  • Invergordon, Scotland: Whisky tasting at Glenmorangie Distillery
  • Cozumel, Mexico:  Luxurious catamaran and snorkeling experience
  • Falmouth, Jamaica: Cabana in the forested grounds by the Martha Brae River
  • Like 2

I have a YC cruise in November, and they are available in Costa Maya and Cozumel for me to buy if I wanted (3 total between the two stops).  Also the Cabanas in the YC area of Ocean Cay are now listed as YC Exclusive, but they really always were.  

2 hours ago, Até said:

ETA: I believe they haven't yet populated in the MSC booking site so I haven't seen prices.

I know exactly how much one of them is.....Well, now that the word is out, the price might be higher than what I paid. 

• Like 1

I think it's a bit off-putting to show the YC exclusive items to non-YC bookings.   I get the cabanas but why not offer smaller group excursions, whatever that really means, to everyone who's willing to pay a premium for them.  I'd even accept giving YC first dibs.  I doubt there will be that much demand since some of the prices for two are close to what you can hire your own private tour company. 

Neat -  I had no idea.  Although since we are not beach people, I don't see a lot that appeal to me.  I am sure there are shady spots at the YC Beach area on Ocean Cay we can sit and relax and not pay $265 for the pleasure of a cabana. 

• Like 1

Was curious and looked at my upcoming B2B to Norway and Iceland in YC.  Akureyri is the one stop I haven't decided on an excursion yet.   At least from my point of view, it doesn't really appear very exclusive at least for this one ($465 pp).  No Food or Drink etc and VERY minimal time at the destination.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pizaz said:

Akureyri is the one stop I haven't decided on an excursion yet.

If you're comfortable driving, I would recommend renting a car for the day. You will see FAR more than on any excursion.

• Like 1

Just my observation…I have done the tour to Godafoss and Laufas.  In 2008 from QE2.  We found it fascinating, even though there was a lot of driving (bus).  My choice, were I to go again, would be the geothermal baths.  Did the Blue Lagoon on a land tour.  EM

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am sure there are shady spots at the YC Beach area on Ocean Cay we can sit and relax and not pay $265 for the pleasure of a cabana.

Is this price what you see on the MSC main site through a booking you have?  I see non-YC OCC14 base cabanas listed at $252 (before any pre-purchase discount).  And YC ones are showing at $422 and $475 for Oceanview and Beachfront respectively.  These prices are for a May World America sailing but I'm not seeing price variations by sail dates or ships.

8 minutes ago, Até said:

Is this price what you see on the MSC main site through a booking you have?  I see non-YC OCC14 base cabanas listed at $252 (before any pre-purchase discount).  And YC ones are showing at $422 and $475 for Oceanview and Beachfront respectively.  These prices are for a May World America sailing but I'm not seeing price variations by sail dates or ships.

For my upcoming Maraviglia sailing over Halloween, the cabanas are listed for $265. I just checked this morning, because I made final payment on the cruise yesterday.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

For my upcoming Maraviglia sailing over Halloween, the cabanas are listed for $265. I just checked this morning, because I made final payment on the cruise yesterday.

I assume your $265 price is through the MSC main website (or app) when logged into your booking? 

When I generate an excursion pdf for that sailing I also see $265 so I guess MSC is varying the price a little vs. the other sailings I've looked at.  I had believed the prices in the pdf brochure were not inclusive of any pre-booking discount but in your case with this item it appears it is the same price.  Have you made other comparisons?

MR20241027NYCNYC.pdf

Just now, Até said:

I assume your $265 price is through the MSC main website (or app) when logged into your booking? 

When I generate an excursion pdf for that sailing I also see $265 so I guess MSC is varying the price a little vs. the other sailings I've looked at.  I had believed the prices in the pdf brochure were not inclusive of any pre-booking discount but in your case with this item it appears it is the same price.  Have you made other comparisons?

MR20241027NYCNYC.pdf 377.55 kB · 0 downloads

No, I was just poking around looking at excursions through my booking on the web site this morning. Hadn't really looked at anything prior to committing to final payment.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

No, I was just poking around looking at excursions through my booking on the web site this morning. Hadn't really looked at anything prior to committing to final payment.

Confused.  The $265 was the pre-cruise price (alleged up to 20% discount) you would pay when purchasing through logging into your actual booking, correct?

Edited by Até
clarity

40 minutes ago, Até said:

Confused.  The $265 was the pre-cruise price (alleged up to 20% discount) you would pay when purchasing through logging into your actual booking, correct?

Yes. When I log into the website and view my October booking, browsing excursions, $265 is the price I see for a normal Ocean Cay cabana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Até said:

Here's a screenshot:
image.thumb.png.edd94b4a75c5ca079270f7e9efae939f.png

38 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Here's a screenshot:

Have you compared any of your other "discounted" pre-cruise excursions prices to the brochure rates I posted in #18?  I never thought the brochure rates were discounted.  Unfortunately I can't compare due to my existing bookings being too far out and they don't have excursions listed yet.

58 minutes ago, Até said:

Have you compared any of your other "discounted" pre-cruise excursions prices to the brochure rates I posted in #18?  I never thought the brochure rates were discounted.  Unfortunately I can't compare due to my existing bookings being too far out and they don't have excursions listed yet.

I just compared the brochure you posted above to the prices I am seeing on the website for my booking and they are exactly the same.