Question about check in, website or App?

storfie

For my upcoming cruise I see a one day difference for checkin date, between the website and the app.

Which  is better, and easier to use?

Thanks,

Annabelle

Which one is opening first?

All you need to do when the window opens is pick your arrival time. You can return at your leisure to do everything else. The app makes it easier to scan your passport and take a selfie. It’s probably my preference. 

But if you’re looking for an early arrival, logon to whichever opens first and pick your time there.

People on this board are very anti app for whatever reason, but you can finish the process within probably 2 minutes. It's very simple. You can log in and grab an arrival time (not that anyone pays attention to those) in a matter of seconds. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

People on this board are very anti app for whatever reason, but you can finish the process within probably 2 minutes. It's very simple. You can log in and grab an arrival time (not that anyone pays attention to those) in a matter of seconds. 

I've done both and can do either, but my preference only because I usually am at my desk on my pc at the time, is to use the website.  Just easier and faster for me to type on a keyboard.  But I have no preference as to functionality, etc., and don't find either to present an advantage over the other. JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

I haven't checked in on the website since it the app had check-in.

The app is faster.  You can use the app to scan the bar code on your passport it is fills in all the passport info.  You can take a selfie photo (edit and redo if you dont like it) skipping that step at the port and pick your arrival time and have the whole process done in less than 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I haven't checked in on the website since it the app had check-in.

The app is faster.  You can use the app to scan the bar code on your passport it is fills in all the passport info.  You can take a selfie photo (edit and redo if you dont like it) skipping that step at the port and pick your arrival time and have the whole process done in less than 5 minutes. 

I simply upload pictures from my pc, so no savings there. Can also select the time. The only part of that I can't do on the website is scanning the passport barcode - which I agree is a big plus!  But entering the information is still done via the website, so it is still done in advance. Everything also is on the app when I check in.

Again, not challenging as I do both methods.  Just saying either one has the same check in results.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Off the subject a little but will I be able to pick a check in time for all of us? There are 6 of us on linked reservations.

However, on my last two cruises, nobody was standing there checking when we entered the building to actually see if it was our check in time.

Posted (edited)

I believe the App is a bit confused as it is showing ship time and somehow basing it also on where you are.  In my experience the website was the date that was actually 45 days before, which is when check in opens, but the app was showing the day before (because of the time difference).  In my case:  45 days before sailing was July 3 and that is the date that was on the website and the app showed July 2.  I am sailing from Rome and I live in Edmonton, Alberta (so MDT time zone).  The check in opened for me at 4:00 pm on July 2 (the date in the app), but which was midnight on July 3 in Rome.  Also as a note, my check in didn't open until about 7 minutes after midnight and I had to shut the app down fully and reopen in order to get the check in to appear.

As a note, I find the app easier to use to check in.

Also, if you have linked cruises, when you go into check in one person can go through and select a check in time for everyone that is linked, all people will show up (at least they have in my experience).

Edited by AlbertaCruisers
Added further details.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I believe the App is a bit confused as it is showing ship time and somehow basing it also on where you are.  In my experience the website was the date that was actually 45 days before, which is when check in opens, but the app was showing the day before (because of the time difference).  In my case:  45 days before sailing was July 3 and that is the date that was on the website and the app showed July 2.  I am sailing from Rome and I live in Edmonton, Alberta (so MDT time zone).  The check in opened for me at 4:00 pm on July 2 (the date in the app), but which was midnight on July 3 in Rome.  Also as a note, my check in didn't open until about 7 minutes after midnight and I had to shut the app down fully and reopen in order to get the check in to appear.

As a note, I find the app easier to use to check in.

Also, if you have linked cruises, when you go into check in one person can go through and select a check in time for everyone that is linked, all people will show up (at least they have in my experience).

Thanks for your response. You have answered my question exactly!

Annabelle

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Personally I use a combination of both -  I initially use the App to select the time slot because don't need to drill down.  I also use app to read Passport information instead of manually adding if using Web.    I use the Web Page to upload my stock picture by just droppings as oppose to taking a picture each time.

I had the same experience as you regarding the App and Web page showing two different dates (1 day apart).   For my cruise the Web was accurate the App was off by one day.   Regardless I tried the first day anyway.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sushraya said:

Do you need to scan the passport in order to grab a checkin time?   I can try checking in for all four cabins, but I don't have their passport info.

No.  Check in time is the first question. Once you do that, you can go away. For weeks really. Then finish everything else.

On 7/10/2024 at 2:10 PM, storfie said:

For my upcoming cruise I see a one day difference for checkin date, between the website and the app.

Which  is better, and easier to use?

Thanks,

Annabelle

If it's anything like Royal Caribbean app and website (and they are same company with similar apps) then the one day difference will sync up 24 to 48 hours before check in date. Then use the app. And if you have a passport the app will be the simplest.