On Beyond 7/13-21 ask anything!

39 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just watched y'all sail away before popping to the Port Canaveral webcam to watch the Disney Fantasy sail away (my sister works on her)!

Have a great sail!!! I'll be on her in 2 weeks!!! Just a lowly Aqua Class though.

Hey you get free yoga/gym classes

even upper suites don’t get that!😁

• Like 1

Enjoy your trip!

Have you found enough quiet (public) areas to just sit next to a window and watch the ocean go by, or are those hard to come by?

7 hours ago, notscb said:

Enjoy your trip!

Have you found enough quiet (public) areas to just sit next to a window and watch the ocean go by, or are those hard to come by?

It was embarkation so no really quiet areas yesterday.

i found the world class bar to be quiet before the live music starts.

i know from being on the apex a couple years ago the area around Eden can be quiet but I haven’t really gone there yet this trip.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Can you ask one of the crew if the ship stopped at Grand Cayman last week or if they skipped it due to hurricane damage?

According to the crew member Grand Caymen was fine and they ported there

• Thanks 2

Am on the Sept. 7 sailing, same itinerary as yours. I am also in  The Retreat-Sky suite. Information on menus, noise level, and wines on the premium package  in Luminae is always welcome. If you have a chance, please post a photo of the limited  lunch menu on The Retreat Sundeck. I want to see how “limited” it is. Any info on Retreat concierges and staff would be nice.

16 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

Currently on Beyond

ask me anything and I will try to answer!

In an Edge villa so I can answer Retreat questions.

Do have a lounger?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Straughn said:

Am on the Sept. 7 sailing, same itinerary as yours. I am also in  The Retreat-Sky suite. Information on menus, noise level, and wines on the premium package  in Luminae is always welcome. If you have a chance, please post a photo of the limited  lunch menu on The Retreat Sundeck. I want to see how “limited” it is. Any info on Retreat concierges and staff would be nice.

That can be a little tougher as I know from previous experience that it can be subjective on what the bartenders “overlook” when in a “upper” suite.

i have ordered $17 wines and not be charged but I don’t know if that is considered part of the premium package as I am not a wine conisseur and tend to drink whatever is listed on the main portion of the menu.

I had the “forbidden” in Eden last night which is $20 and was charged the $3 up charge, but yet when I was in Eden in the same suite type 2 yrs ago I wasn’t which is why it’s not reliable to say.

i do not visit the Luminea often as i have unlimited specialty but will try to remember to take a picture for you next time I go.As far as Retreat staff what would u like to know?

you question is a little too broad for me to  answer 😁

i had Le Voyage last night and even being in an upper suite they wanted to charge $50 for the tastings menu and $110 for the wine pairing with tasting menu. I did not do as the offering did not look appealing for the extra cost.

that reminds me of another overlook on last ship,

Eden I had the tastings menu but was not charged, let’s see what they say when I go there in a couple nights. 

Edited by samplecd02
Added more info

18 hours ago, sonnycruises said:

Does your cabin creak?

We sailed Beyond 2x in the last 2 yrs--OV for 1 cruise, Sky Suite for another. No creaking for us either.

• Like 1

@samplecd02, good info from you. There would not have been an upcharge on the $17 wine, as that is the limit on the Premium package. My experience, with beverages outside the premium package, is that sometimes I was charged and sometimes I wasn’t. Generally, I paid the upcharge on bourbon, but in Luminae, a glass of wine over the $17 limit was not charged.

As for the Retreat Lounge, my interest is who are the concierges, is the lounge busy during the morning continental breakfast, what is the crowd like at Happy Hour. I have been in The Retreat and/or Michael’s Club when it was standing room only for HH, and when I was one of two or three people. As a solo, the suite lounge is a great way for me to meet others. I do realize that it can vary from one cruise to the next. Just curious as to your experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We will be on the Beyond in December. We will be in room 7316. It has a porthole veranda. I just noticed on the website that is shows an obstruction, any chance you could tell me how bad this obstruction is. Even if it is just from the exterior of the ship. It is located near the aft. I believe it to be on the starboard side. When looking from the outside it is the floor with a row of 4 port hole verandahs and we are the 3rd from the aft. Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Donna

Edited by 2010Cruiser

On 7/13/2024 at 5:39 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just watched y'all sail away before popping to the Port Canaveral webcam to watch the Disney Fantasy sail away (my sister works on her)!

Have a great sail!!! I'll be on her in 2 weeks!!! Just a lowly Aqua Class though.

There's nothing lowly about AQ Class.. we enjoy BLU and the Thermal suites.. 

Right now AQ class is priced high.. we are booking it when we can but also trying Concierge Class on Silho & back to Sunset Ver on APEX...

On Beyond,  BLU was much nicer than Luminae..better menu, food itself, service and  a much brighter location.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 2010Cruiser said:

We will be on the Beyond in December. We will be in room 7316. It has a porthole veranda. I just noticed on the website that is shows an obstruction, any chance you could tell me how bad this obstruction is. Even if it is just from the exterior of the ship. It is located near the aft. I believe it to be on the starboard side. When looking from the outside it is the floor with a row of 4 port hole verandahs and we are the 3rd from the aft. Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Donna

I’m sorry but there is no way I can really see what type of obstruction it would be.

11 hours ago, Straughn said:

@samplecd02, good info from you. There would not have been an upcharge on the $17 wine, as that is the limit on the Premium package. My experience, with beverages outside the premium package, is that sometimes I was charged and sometimes I wasn’t. Generally, I paid the upcharge on bourbon, but in Luminae, a glass of wine over the $17 limit was not charged.

As for the Retreat Lounge, my interest is who are the concierges, is the lounge busy during the morning continental breakfast, what is the crowd like at Happy Hour. I have been in The Retreat and/or Michael’s Club when it was standing room only for HH, and when I was one of two or three people. As a solo, the suite lounge is a great way for me to meet others. I do realize that it can vary from one cruise to the next. Just curious as to your experiences.

I do not go into the lounge much except to grab a quick snack.

next time I go I will see who the concierges are and try to walk by during hh and breakfast

10 hours ago, 2010Cruiser said:

Donna

It is on the starboard side. If you zoom in on the picture linked below, you'll see the window is not directly blocked, but a small structure further back may block your view aft a bit. I believe that's the gantry they use for window washing, so it can move.

DJI_0443-scaled.jpg

Hi! Thanks for posting! We will be on the Beyond in a suite end of July.

At Port Everglades I know they have the suite/retreat lunge at the cruise terminal prior to boarding, my question is how did it work for your luggage? Is there a separate area for suite guests to drop their luggage off with a porter?
And one more… at the ports of call is there a separate line for suite guests to get back on the ship?

thanks so much for posting this thread and hope you have a great vacation!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Heagre said:

Hi! Thanks for posting! We will be on the Beyond in a suite end of July.

At Port Everglades I know they have the suite/retreat lunge at the cruise terminal prior to boarding, my question is how did it work for your luggage? Is there a separate area for suite guests to drop their luggage off with a porter?
And one more… at the ports of call is there a separate line for suite guests to get back on the ship?

thanks so much for posting this thread and hope you have a great vacation!

There is a retreat area to drop off your luggage with the porter and a retreat lounge.

For the ports I will let you know as our first isn’t until tomorrow

• Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 8:21 AM, samplecd02 said:

That can be a little tougher as I know from previous experience that it can be subjective on what the bartenders “overlook” when in a “upper” suite.

i have ordered $17 wines and not be charged but I don’t know if that is considered part of the premium package as I am not a wine conisseur and tend to drink whatever is listed on the main portion of the menu.

I had the “forbidden” in Eden last night which is $20 and was charged the $3 up charge, but yet when I was in Eden in the same suite type 2 yrs ago I wasn’t which is why it’s not reliable to say.

i do not visit the Luminea often as i have unlimited specialty but will try to remember to take a picture for you next time I go.As far as Retreat staff what would u like to know?

you question is a little too broad for me to  answer 😁

i had Le Voyage last night and even being in an upper suite they wanted to charge $50 for the tastings menu and $110 for the wine pairing with tasting menu. I did not do as the offering did not look appealing for the extra cost.

that reminds me of another overlook on last ship,

Eden I had the tastings menu but was not charged, let’s see what they say when I go there in a couple nights. 

Thank you for taking us along and answering questions.  First and foremost, have a wonderful time.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

We will be (first time) in an Edge Villa next year (Ascent).  Which level was your luggage delivered?  I thought that Le Voyage was included in the unlimited specialty dining--or was it just the special menus that aren't?  Is it noisy being next to the Retreat Sundeck?

@samplecd02 Hope you are having an awesome time, and thanks much for posting and answering questions! 

I know this has been asked in other forums, but as a suite guest do you have access to dine at BLU? Not sure if Edge Villa has full 'aqua' privileges or not. I have read in other forms that there may be some discretion here, but that generally breakfast is OK and if you are interested in dinner, then sometimes that's OK too but probably should coordinate in advance with the Retreat Maitre'd or concierge. Interested to know if this is something you had asked about, or if you are already speaking to the M'd or concierge about other matters. Thanks! 

• Like 2