Starting my Liberty research

Posted (edited)

Aside from the buffet, where can you get something to eat when you first get onboard?  

Also, do Johnny Rockets and the Solarium serve breakfast?

Edited by wezie

On 7/22/2024 at 9:55 AM, BillOh said:

Does Sabor still offer an ala carte lunch?  We enjoyed that on Freedom in 2008, don't remember if it was offered in 2015.

No. i do not see any lunch options in my planner for my october cruise on the liberty

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, wezie said:

Aside from the buffet, where can you get something to eat when you first get onboard?  

Cafe Promenade and Sorrento’s 

Johnny Rockets was open for breakfast when I was on Liberty last year, but not every day. Can’t address your solarium question. 

1 hour ago, wezie said:

Liberty Solarium is just an outdoor pool/hot tub space. No cafe. A bar but no food. 

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Cafe Promenade and Sorrento’s 

Johnny Rockets was open for breakfast when I was on Liberty last year, but not every day. Can’t address your solarium question. 

I thought only the Oasis class JRs served breakfast. I was on the Liberty three times last year from Cape Liberty and don't remember it being open for breakfast. I'll be back on her next month and will check it out.

23 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I thought only the Oasis class JRs served breakfast. I was on the Liberty three times last year from Cape Liberty and don't remember it being open for breakfast. I'll be back on her next month and will check it out.

Maybe it was on Allure earlier this year. I know it was a 4 day cruise and remember being surprised JR was open for breakfast on a short cruise.I did a 4 day cruise on Liberty late last year, but you are most likely right, I was thinking of the wrong ship. 

18 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i paid for the chops lunch to have a relaxing dining experience upon boarding.

One of the best things we've started to do, going back a few cruises now... embarkation day specialty lunch.  Hope it all works out well for you

Thanks for starting this thread.   We were on Liberty when she was a year old.  We've sailed Royal many times since then but not on Liberty.  We just booked for next fall for the Canada New England 9-day out of Newark.  This is our 25th anniversary cruise, and we booked a Grand Suite so looking forward to that!   Love seeing all the good comments about Liberty.  We can't wait to be back on her again next fall.  🙂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

Thanks for starting this thread.   We were on Liberty when she was a year old.  We've sailed Royal many times since then but not on Liberty.  We just booked for next fall for the Canada New England 9-day out of Newark.  This is our 25th anniversary cruise, and we booked a Grand Suite so looking forward to that!   Love seeing all the good comments about Liberty.  We can't wait to be back on her again next fall.  🙂 

Congrats!  We're doing our 25th anniversary cruise next week on the Indy.  Cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

One of the best things we've started to do, going back a few cruises now... embarkation day specialty lunch.  Hope it all works out well for you

i knew when i booked that the royal suite didnt even have as many perks as a sky class on oasis so all the money i saved on this suite i put into that chops lunch  🙂  it does kinda stink they cant even toss free wifi in with the best suite on the ship. i also greatly enjoyed the chops bfast every day with server margaret

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

ask the concierge to unhook your doorbell. the kids started in pretty quick with that and it got old quick. they did use facial recognition to track them down and tell the parents though.

i recommend the guac making class . i dont like guac but it was fun. just 6 of us at a table before the  restaurant opened .it was fun making it and you got a drink and a meal for the price. dont eat before you go! by some insane coincidence out of everyone on the ship we discovered our cabin neighbors were sitting next to us at the table . what are the odds?

i enjoyed the MDR meals out on the balcony on the table.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Congrats!  We're doing our 25th anniversary cruise next week on the Indy.  Cheers.

I like freedom and voyager class but oasis class is so much nicer for suite perks. Doubt I will sail anything else for rccl since I love the perks and entertainment. But if you want less  crowded ship they are really nice.

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I like freedom and voyager class but oasis class is so much nicer for suite perks. Doubt I will sail anything else for rccl since I love the perks and entertainment. But if you want less  crowded ship they are really nice.

if you like perks, have you tried Yacht club on MSC.  i just did recently and as much as i loved my crown loft, my 1 BR aqua suite and my royal suite, nothing beats the value for YC with a balcony room. free drinks everywhere including daily in your fridge, butler, much better suite deck, suite pool, hot tub, pool deck bfast and lunch buffet, wifi, news paper and even afternoon tea. i love my large rooms but for the price it's impossible to get everything included in YC for anywhere near a crown loft price. it was the most outstanding service i think ive overall had on any ship. plus on oasis you only get the free drinks during certain hours and you gotta lug the free water and soda back to the cabin vs getting it delivered. it's exactly the mix of services we use and love.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

if you like perks, have you tried Yacht club on MSC.  i just did recently and as much as i loved my crown loft, my 1 BR aqua suite and my royal suite, nothing beats the value for YC with a balcony room. free drinks everywhere including daily in your fridge, butler, much better suite deck, suite pool, hot tub, pool deck bfast and lunch buffet, wifi, news paper and even afternoon tea. i love my large rooms but for the price it's impossible to get everything included in YC for anywhere near a crown loft price. it was the most outstanding service i think ive overall had on any ship. plus on oasis you only get the free drinks during certain hours and you gotta lug the free water and soda back to the cabin vs getting it delivered. it's exactly the mix of services we use and love.

We are sailing on MSc seaside again on December 1st In yacht club, we did same cruise pre Covid and had a cruise cancelled because of Covid . Super happy that they will sail from Galveston starting November 2025 .we do lots of suites on celebrity which also has better suite perks than rccl but excited to cruise yacht club again. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

if you like perks, have you tried Yacht club on MSC.  i just did recently and as much as i loved my crown loft, my 1 BR aqua suite and my royal suite, nothing beats the value for YC 

Oh ya, he's tried them.  George was our encouragement going into our first YC....and we'll forever curse him lol. CL remains our favorite room, but overall you can't beat the YC experience.  RC doesn't even come close in our opinion. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Thanks 1

Just got off Liberty, so I'm full of fresh info. I will tell you that the FWD cabins and areas of decks 2-3 are not accessible from the Aft elevators. SO if you are at Windjammer and want to bring food back to your cabin in the FWD area of deck 2 or want to get to the theater, you have to take the aft elevator down to the promenade and cut across to the fwd elevators or stairs to get to those areas. 

• Like 2

Hey @BillOh, Scott who posted just above me was live blogging across the street (where I do) if you didn't know. Figured you may want to check it out if you hadn't yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Just got off Liberty, so I'm full of fresh info. I will tell you that the FWD cabins and areas of decks 2-3 are not accessible from the Aft elevators. SO if you are at Windjammer and want to bring food back to your cabin in the FWD area of deck 2 or want to get to the theater, you have to take the aft elevator down to the promenade and cut across to the fwd elevators or stairs to get to those areas. 

i noticed the same thing on the Adventure of the Seas. studio b gets in the way of walking from the aft to the fwd

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

i noticed the same thing on the Adventure of the Seas. studio b gets in the way of walking from the aft to the fwd

yep-we learned the hard way, walking all the way down and trying to figure out how the heck to get to our room lol 

Liberty is tired and the buffet area is tight.  Staff is great and shows are good.  Food is typical cruise food. NOTE If you are leaving from Bayonne and there are multiple ships arriving and leaving do not get off the ship early OR try to get on early.  Parking is a nightmare. Wait until most leave as there is a traffic jam of cars coming and going.  If there is only one ship ported, you will be ok to disembark.  

On 7/27/2024 at 6:03 PM, wezie said:

I'ts been since 2015 since i was on this class of ship, but JR didn't serve breakfast on Freedom, The solarium on this class of ship only has a bar, besides the pool and hottub.

1 hour ago, Bunny12av said:

Liberty is tired and the buffet area is tight.  Staff is great and shows are good.  Food is typical cruise food. NOTE If you are leaving from Bayonne and there are multiple ships arriving and leaving do not get off the ship early OR try to get on early.  Parking is a nightmare. Wait until most leave as there is a traffic jam of cars coming and going.  If there is only one ship ported, you will be ok to disembark.  

Bayonne does not handle multiple ships in a day. Only one.

Yes, I know but the lots are full with other salings, liberty and celebrity.   I did a cruise in May and there were multiple cruises out, so lots are full, even though the ships are not there. 

• Like 1

one other trick i learned about NJ was that on the 1st oasis trip of the season there was a new cast for the aqua show and they didnt show any of it till the end of the week. so i learned book the 3rd week a ship is in a new port in case they need time to practice.