Favorite canapes

We have had great discussions about our favorite Regent restaurants and favorite dishes but I do not remember seeing anything about favorite canapés.  It would be interesting to read what others put at the top of their list.  To start it off, we like the chips and salsa (which includes fresh guacamole).  This treat goes really well with an afternoon malt beverage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shuguley said:

To start it off, we like the chips and salsa (which includes fresh guacamole).

Sounds excellent!  Is this from room service to enjoy on your balcony or at a lounge?

6 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Sounds excellent!  Is this from room service to enjoy on your balcony or at a lounge?

Ordered from our butler to enjoy on the balcony.

• Thanks 1

Not, per se, canapes, but for lighter bites we love the lobster nachos and the jalapeno shrimp skewers at the Pool Bar .  Both of which could be carried back to your suite to enjoy (we are seldom in butled suites).

I'm a good eater, and look forward to dinners every night. My question is how do people have room for dinner after canapés? We were recently in the Splendor Suite on our Iceland cruise, and were eligible for these, but between tours, trivia, and dinnertime, there was no time for this! For that matter, how/why do people do afternoon tea, and still want dinner two hours later? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If we return to the ship early afternoon, we'll usually order a charcuterie board or something else from room service to enjoy on our balcony rather than go up to the pool restaurant for lunch.  

I agree, afternoon tea is a real appetite killer...maybe once per cruise when we plan to skip dinner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

I agree, afternoon tea is a real appetite killer...maybe once per cruise when we plan to skip dinner.

I suppose it's mind over matter, but going in to dinner when not hungry and just ordering a couple light things wouldn't feel like a "proper" dinner to me. 

We didn't use our butler at all during this cruise. We told him at the beginning that we're low-maintenance, but by mid-cruise he was wondering if we were unhappy with him for some reason, because we never contacted him.

We're also the types who leave the room for the day cleaner than after the housekeepers leave. It's just force of habit. Passing other rooms and glancing in we found out we're in the minority, and wonder why we weren't awakened the night before by the hurricane that destroyed the other rooms. I always wonder what those people's houses look like. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, -Lew- said:

On our recent Alaska cruise, we came in cold,wet, and hungry right about when tea started at least three times. Sitting down with a hot cuppa and a clotted cream smeared scone was a wonderful treat. It gave us the energy to shower and dress and make it to the restaurant for a 7:00-ish dinner.

• Like 2

The canapes flossie009 showed are much more impressive than what we were offered on our Explorer this spring.  but we were getting ready to go into dinner so we also really didn't need anything to eat.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RELS said:

On our recent Alaska cruise, we came in cold,wet, and hungry right about when tea started at least three times. Sitting down with a hot cuppa and a clotted cream smeared scone was a wonderful treat. It gave us the energy to shower and dress and make it to the restaurant for a 7:00-ish dinner.

We love clotted cream and scones. I wonder if this is served often on afternoon teas. We will be on the Grandeur in September so we will be on the lookout for it.

3 hours ago, snorklelover said:

We love clotted cream and scones. I wonder if this is served often on afternoon teas. We will be on the Grandeur in September so we will be on the lookout for it.

Every tea has scones and clotted cream (and strawberry jam). The other sweet and savory choices change from day to day, but you can count on the scones.

• Like 2

Tonight’s bar snacks on Voyager included these attractive canapés

69D13534-8CF7-4E93-84A5-BE18EAACBDCB.thumb.jpeg.e0c353ffaecb1b84b19cb608ad8ea0ee.jpeg

Being the Captain’s welcome reception there were also some delicious items on offer in the theatre

84AF7186-9055-4EE8-AD06-C3B2428E5F4A.thumb.jpeg.72d216a20487d97fa1721e3b4ac323a2.jpeg

…….. including our favourite 

469D435C-0812-45CD-B64C-8729E9FFCFA7.thumb.jpeg.57de2de225358c275af5b6367524542b.jpeg

Chicken Liver Parfait on Banana Bread - a delicious mouthful 😋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RELS said:

Every tea has scones and clotted cream (and strawberry jam). The other sweet and savory choices change from day to day, but you can count on the scones.

Just told my DH and he is so excited. Not sure why we never knew this on our previous 5 cruises. Oh well, glad we know it know. Thank you RELS.

14 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Just told my DH and he is so excited. Not sure why we never knew this on our previous 5 cruises. Oh well, glad we know it know. Thank you RELS.

You are welcome. I have been known to go to the tea at 4pm, grab a couple of scones w clotted cream, and carry them up to the Observation Lounge in time for trivia at 4:30 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Not sure why we never knew this on our previous 5 cruises.

Depending on the set up for tea, you might need to look around a bit to find them. They are kept in a warmer, sometimes on the bar counter. If you don't find them, just ask.