Alaska 2026

Coral

47 minutes ago, Cruis'n Twosome said:

Thank you LACruiser88 for posting this notice.

So, bookings open August 1.  What is the date for elites?

Appreciate any info.

From previous posts, Elites no longer have a 1 day advantage.  ANYONE who has cruised with Princess now are eligible for early bookings.  I'm just the messenger.  

50 minutes ago, Cruis'n Twosome said:

Thank you LACruiser88 for posting this notice.

So, bookings open August 1.  What is the date for elites?

Appreciate any info.

I read something about Loyalty Week, which has evened the playing field for anyone who's previously cruised with Princess?  

Elites no longer have the advance booking date?

Seattle getting the Star Princess is a pretty big deal. Also means a fun repositioning cruise (or two or several) as the Star Princess makes its way from Fort Lauderdale to the West Coast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

You are way tougher than me my friend. I am impressed. Our daytimes are topping 108 and our nights are not getting below 75. Ughh. We installed 29 huge solar panels a few years back, best decision ever.  I run my AC and my bill might be $20 on a bad month. But I’ve enough credit from returned energy on good months to cover it. I am really looking forward to this weekend’s lower temps and then I do exactly what you do with opening the house and using the whole house fan. 

I am so jealous of @Cruise Raideras she’s been texting me about the sailing she’s on right now in Alaska. I really just need to always book a couple of RT SF sailings to Alaska in July/August to get out of the heat every year. Lord knows we don’t get any work in the yard or on the house done in those months! 

Out in Ketchikan, it was so pleasant yesterday.  We had a 30 minute downpour while we were in town but then just so very pleasant, cloudy but a very perfect 65°.  No salmon running yet so, maybe we will hit it next month.  It was crowded with at least 4 ships in town but we tend to go to the little local places so, not a problem for us. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Elites no longer have the advance booking date?

That's what I read here the other day. Anybody who's ever cruised with Princess even once is now included in "loyalty week." I'm not feeling so loyal anymore.

1 hour ago, peder said:

Seattle getting the Star Princess is a pretty big deal. Also means a fun repositioning cruise (or two or several) as the Star Princess makes its way from Fort Lauderdale to the West Coast.

Can she fit through the new locks?

Don’t want to cog up the board with more Alaska threads so thought I’d ask here. We are looking at a southbound cruise. Looking at what Coral posted, the choices will be the Coral, Island or Grand. Any recommendations or preferred ship?

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Out in Ketchikan, it was so pleasant yesterday.  We had a 30 minute downpour while we were in town but then just so very pleasant, cloudy but a very perfect 65°.  No salmon running yet so, maybe we will hit it next month.  It was crowded with at least 4 ships in town but we tend to go to the little local places so, not a problem for us. 

Is the Bar Harbor restaurant at the pier still open or has it been replaced ?  We will be there twice in the next few weeks 

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Thanks for sharing that here. I'm disappointed to see that the Star sailings are Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier. That's our least favorite and will be a hard sell with my hubby.

I agree.  I have seen it before and it was nice,  but not close to Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier in experience.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

?? can't fit thru the 'new' ones???

Responding to the poster who was wondering how the Star would reposition to the West Coast through the canal

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Responding to the poster who was wondering how the Star would reposition to the West Coast through the canal

your post #16  - are you stating that the new STAR P is too big to even fit thru the NEW panama canal locks??

59 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Don’t want to cog up the board with more Alaska threads so thought I’d ask here. We are looking at a southbound cruise. Looking at what Coral posted, the choices will be the Coral, Island or Grand. Any recommendations or preferred ship?

I also see southbound on Star and Discovery. Looking seriously at Discovery southbound Voyage of Glaciers 

5 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

I also see southbound on Star and Discovery. Looking seriously at Discovery southbound Voyage of Glaciers 

I saw the Discovery but I dont think it can get into the inside passage approaching Vancouver

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

Not Island.

I would choose Coral and then Grand. The Grand is the oldest ship in the fleet and some don't like it. I have no problems with it and have 2 cruises booked in the future on it.

Coral is great in Alaska.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

My wife knows the location of every brew pub in the Alaskan ports. I "allow" her to take me to them when we are in port. 😁

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

I saw the Discovery but I dont think it can get into the inside passage approaching Vancouver

Why not? Is it that much bigger than other ships? It didn't seem like it when I was on her this summer.

I don't think they would have listed it so many times in and out of Vancouver for that to be a mistake.

Edited by Tinknock50

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

I would book either a Caribe Deck balcony on Grand or my favorite Ocean View (B731 or the mirror of it on the Port side) on Coral. Either one would make me quite happy. You might have to pay me to book Island...🙄

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1