Potential Security Breach on Princess Website

Today I received an upgrade acceptance email and I printed out the new travel summary reflecting the change but the app still shows the old cabin number.  The is one of many app problems I have encountered lately.  Still waiting on medallions.  Got a FedEx text today saying a package is coming from Singapore.  All past medallions have been shipped USPS here in U.S. but upon checking the internet some in the past have been sent to Princess cruisers via Fedex/Singapore.   Customer service at Princess once again had no info. on shipping date so it's a waiting game to see if it's coming from Singapore.  We haven't placed any other orders via the internet so thinking it may be medallions???  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am also wondering if this problem is still going on?

After reading one comment here, I want to go pull up our account, and check the cabin we have booked.

Once again I can’t get in to the app or the website.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dog said:

Once again I can’t get in to the app or the website.

Interesting. After you posted this I was able to log in just fine. An hour later, now when I try to log in, on every PC, every browser, both Windoze and Linux, I am presented with a Princess window demanding that I update all my personal information.  Notice that it says "...complete your registration" when I have been a member for years

image.thumb.png.b4cc78a7992a9be1d0f7227f2384429c.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Interesting. After you posted this I was able to log in just fine. An hour later, now when I try to log in, on every PC, every browser, both Windoze and Linux, I am presented with a Princess window demanding that I update all my personal information.  Notice that it says "...complete your registration" when I have been a member for years

I am having the same problem, tried husband's account with the same.  Hesitant to fill all the info out at this point.  Tried in both Safari and Chrome with same result.

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

I am having the same problem, tried husband's account with the same.  Hesitant to fill all the info out at this point.

Same here. I think I'll wait to hear from a few other brave souls who enter their details, before I update mine ;o)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Same here. I think I'll wait to hear from a few other brave souls who enter their details, before I update mine ;o)

Same on website- not touching it.

app is fine now- did nothing

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Same issue. It won't even let me submit new info. IT needs some coffee. 🙂

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

Same issue. It won't even let me submit new info. IT needs some coffee. 🙂

I just booted my phone and that screen disappeared. No problems getting to my account 

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Be careful with that. I had exactly the same message a fortnight ago. I assumed it was in relation to the problems I've been having getting Princess to do the simple job of getting my address correct, despite several phone calls (can't be updated online, at least not in the UK. Or rather, it can, but it doesn't work.....)

So I updated my details as requested, address is now correct, but my account now shows me as a new customer, with a completely new Captains Circle number, no cruise history, no booked cruises. 

I've been trying to get Princess to correct this now. You can guess my success rate. Weirdly if I use exactly the same email and password to log into the app it's fine.

So don't touch it, is my advice 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 2:40 PM, JamieLogical said:

Another thing I do and I believe is available for most credit cards is to have notifications sent to my phone and email whenever a purchase of more than $200 or an international purchase is made on any of my credit cards. 

I have it set up to get them for all purchases. Sometimes these scammers start with a small purchase to see if you'll catch it.

On 7/29/2024 at 11:46 PM, Cruisintimer said:

Today I received an upgrade acceptance email and I printed out the new travel summary reflecting the change but the app still shows the old cabin number.  The is one of many app problems I have encountered lately.  Still waiting on medallions.  Got a FedEx text today saying a package is coming from Singapore.  All past medallions have been shipped USPS here in U.S. but upon checking the internet some in the past have been sent to Princess cruisers via Fedex/Singapore.   Customer service at Princess once again had no info. on shipping date so it's a waiting game to see if it's coming from Singapore.  We haven't placed any other orders via the internet so thinking it may be medallions???  

August 2023 our medallions were shipped via FedEx from Singapore.  We got them the day after they were shipped and we are in Florida.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This morning I went to the web version log in, rather than the app and have ended up with somebody else's details. Name & DOB, plus photo.

I've reported it to Princess privacy email so it'll be interesting to know what they have to say about it.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, rosevew said:

This morning I went to the web version log in, rather than the app and have ended up with somebody else's details. Name & DOB, plus photo.

I've reported it to Princess privacy email so it'll be interesting to know what they have to say about it.

This happened 2 months ago.  Thought they had fixed this.

What browser are you using, Chrome?

If so, try another browser, let us know.

You have been on the website in the last 2 months, correct?

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

This happened 2 months ago.  Thought they had fixed this.

What browser are you using, Chrome?

If so, try another browser, let us know.

You have been on the website in the last 2 months, correct?

Using Firefox. I'm on the website every day! It's not causing me a problem but it is unacceptable 

3 hours ago, rosevew said:

Nothing. They will say nothing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

No problem here, except I get kicked out of my booking with technical difficulties.

Same....having said that I've gotten that error when I click on "Manage my booking" at least 80% of my attempts for what must be 2 months at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rosevew said:

Probably no response.   The Princess website is so wonky.

TAs use a different system and bothering them no very useful.  A CVP - absolutely.

If things on the website went perfectly you would know it had been hacked!

Edited by Arizona Wildcat