Bring back omelet fillings!

13 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

While omelette fillings may seem trivial to some, it's a change. And people are going to discuss changes on these boards. That's why these boards are here. To discuss anything cruise related. 

People expect their next cruise to have the same level of service as their last cruise. 

Lately Carnival has been making changes that reduce the level of service people are expecting. So people are going to discuss those changes here. 

Omelette fillings, premade deli sandwiches, mushrooms on the burger fixin's bar, etc. And what's with the BACON EVERY OTHER DAY??

Covid is in the rear view, Carnival is building new mega ships, yet the cut backs continue. 

Come on Carnival, let's get some of these "trivial"  complaints addressed. Restore the omelette fillings, make fresh made deli sandwiches, put the mushrooms back, and for God's sake.... Gimme some BACON WITH BREAKFAST EVERY DAY!

You can have bacon every meal, every day on Carnival. Just not every venue, all the time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TexasRed said:

While covid thankfully is in the rear view mirror, Carnival Corp lost almost 3 billion dollars in 2020/2021. That is a big chunk of change to make up for, so yeah, out of necessity they've cut corners wherever they could.  It would be lovely to go back to the days of cruising where they left chocolates on my pillow, there was a real midnight buffet, the captain threw a cocktail party for everyone, and we felt like cruising was the treat that was deserving of us saving all year to be able to sail.  But, I don't see that happening, times are different everywhere these days. If it ever gets to the point that cruising feels awful without a few extras, then I'll just do something else. 

That was because of start up and all that built up obc from all those cancelled cruises (we had 13).  The real point is that Carnival corp was 35+ billion in the hole due to covid (none of their own doing).  They get a LOT of slack from me for that.  Your opinion may vary.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You can have bacon every meal, every day on Carnival. Just not every venue, all the time.

So i get my bacon and tomato juice in the MDR then head to the buffet for my eggs over. Do the reverse then next day as bacon not available the the MDR 2 days in a row.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoneman69 said:

So i get my bacon and tomato juice in the MDR then head to the buffet for my eggs over. Do the reverse then next day as bacon not available the the MDR 2 days in a row.

If that floats your boat…..yup

22 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Apparently, the reasoning behind stopping the mushrooms at Guy's was food waste, not necessarily financial. Apparently they were throwing too many off them out versus how many were eaten.

Sorry, but I don't really buy into that.  I would think that if they were making too many sauteed mushrooms and having to throw them out then the next step would be to cook less sauteed mushrooms.  If very few people were eating them, then I would say that eliminating them would be a valid point.  So many people complained about them being gone that I think they were quite popular.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Sorry, but I don't really buy into that.  I would think that if they were making too many sauteed mushrooms and having to throw them out then the next step would be to cook less sauteed mushrooms.  If very few people were eating them, then I would say that eliminating them would be a valid point.  So many people complained about them being gone that I think they were quite popular.   

Exactly. A while back I asked a Guy's server why the mushrooms were taken off the fixin's bar and he said too many people were loading up plate loads of the mushrooms and they had to keep refilling the bar, so they just took them off. 

Edited by Oletruckdude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Bacon is available every day in the MDR.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Bacon is available every day in the MDR.

That's great for those who enjoy the MDR. After 20+ cruises with Carnival I prefer the lido buffet. It's quicker, and I get what I want in the portions I want. Which begs to ask.... If you can get bacon in the MDR every morning then why can't you get bacon in the buffet every morning? 

Carnival is the only line that does this. 

If Carnival is still cutting corners due to tight financials then why are they building 3 new mega ships? 

Or are they cutting corners so they can afford to build 3 new mega ships? 

Don't get me wrong, I do love Carnival's experience. But the recent corner cutting is starting to effect my loyalty to the brand. 

Flame me if you want, but these boards are for discussions and that's my opinion on the matter.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

New ships years in the future have no impact on bacon today,

I'll agree to disagree with you on that point. IMHO if they have 5 ships in the pipeline of which 3 are a mega class, then millions have already been spent on design services, planning and marketing. That affects the bottom line which affects everything Carnival is doing right now on its existing ships. But that's just my opinion. I have no inside knowledge of Carnival's business plans. I'm just a lowly customer who's noticed changes in my onboard experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

I'll agree to disagree with you on that point. IMHO if they have 5 ships in the pipeline of which 3 are a mega class, then millions have already been spent on design services, planning and marketing. That affects the bottom line which affects everything Carnival is doing right now on its existing ships. But that's just my opinion. I have no inside knowledge of Carnival's business plans. I'm just a lowly customer who's noticed changes in my onboard experience. 

I think it is likely Corp that funds the majority, as any designs can, and usually are shared among the various brands. Besides, Bacation is about 3 years old, but bacon police go back years before that.

I love how Carnival regulars are passionate about what they LOVE about Carnival!!!! So how about it, Carnival??? Why not put mushroom omelets back on the breakfast menu?? As you can see, there will be a lot of happy, happy cruisers!!!!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AmanaCruise2 said:

I love how Carnival regulars are passionate about what they LOVE about Carnival!!!! So how about it, Carnival??? Why not put mushroom omelets back on the breakfast menu?? As you can see, there will be a lot of happy, happy cruisers!!!!! 

Hope springs eternal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

I wonder if you can grab toppings from other areas of buffet and hand it to them asking that they put it in the omelet.

Probably not. I read where people have tried doing that with the pizzas and they won't do it. 

4 hours ago, AmanaCruise2 said:

Carnival is well aware of how much Carnival cruisers are committed to our causes!!!!!! Could be time to start a petition to bring back bacon and mushrooms!!! Who's with me??

Every post-cruise survey I have taken since the restart, I told them how badly those items are missed.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:38 PM, AmanaCruise2 said:

It may seem like a little thing to the "beards", but for those of us cruisers who look forward to certain cruise foods, this is pretty big for us.

Is this what the beards was hoping for?

Does your dissatisfaction in any way impact Carnival's revenue? Because unless it does, why would the "beards" care?

On 7/29/2024 at 5:26 PM, JoeMo said:

Am I the only one who uses the omelet station for eggs over easy? A little sausage, 3 eggs over easy, a hand full of grits, cup of black coffee and I'm set for the day. 

Now we are talking.  Well, except hash browns instead of grits