Double the love promo

Has anyone recieved an e-mail from Princess about this promo ?

According to their website you were supposed to get an e-mail in mid July if you had already booked a cruise sailing in August to December of this year and you had already puchased the plus our premier package.

• Like 1

I am wondering if the double all credits or only the base.  We are cruising in a suite which is normally 2 cruise credits.  Wondering if we will receive 3 or 4 cruise credits for this cruise.

Mara4166,

I would think it would count as 4 cruises.

Guests sailing on any Princess cruise that departs between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 who add the Princess Plus package OR the Princess Premier package to their booking.  The Princess Plus or Princess Premier package must be added to the booking at least 2 days prior to embarkation day.  All guests, (this includes all U.S. and all non-U.S. resident guests) who meet these criteria are eligible.

ANY guest who purchases Princess Plus or Princess Premier package at least two days prior to sailing and who sails during the sailing time period (August 1 – December 1, 2024) qualifies and will have their cruise and # of days cruised count double towards their Captain’s Circle level achievement.

How does it work?

There is no promo code to enter.  Any booking that sets sail between August 1 and December 1, 2024 which has also added either a Princess Plus or Princess Premier package to the booking at least 2 days prior to applicable embarkation date will automatically have their cruise credits doubled.  Cruise credits are how each Guest’s Captain’s Circle tier level is achieved.  Both cruises taken and cruise days count towards calculating a guest’s loyalty tier and both will be doubled for eligible guests.  A guest’s cruise credits will appear on their “My Princess” page, on the Captain’s Circle tab within a few days of completion of their cruise.

For reference, current Captain’s Circle Tiers are:

Gold

Ruby

Platinum

Elite

After one cruise

After 3 cruises or 30 cruise days

After 5 cruises or 50 cruise days

After 15 cruises or 150 cruise days

Example:  Guest is booked on a 7-night cruise that sails on August 1, 2024 and the guest adds Princess Plus to their booking.  That one cruise will count as 2 cruises and 14 cruise days towards their Captain’s Circle tier qualification.

• Like 1

Received the following on July 15 for our November 10th cruise:

You scored a big win-win

You’ve got even more reason to look forward to your Princess® vacation! When you added your package, you automatically scored DOUBLE the cruise credits. That means you’ll move up through the Princess Captain’s Circle® faster. Say hello to more rewards and discounts reserved for our most loyal guests like you. Early booking access, special savings, and other perks are just a few things you'll enjoy.

And with your cruise package, you’ll save up to 50% on things you’re going to do anyway on your cruise. Essentials like Wi-Fi, gratuities, drinks and more!

There’s nothing more you need to do. Just sit back, relax and look forward to your trip. We can’t wait to see you on board!

I got the email but it doesn't make any difference to us we would have enough cruises and days just after we sail in Oct. So next year we are Elite when we sail. However after this email I couldn't locate our loyalty information in our booking. Emailed Princess through the help link the responded they got it and would contact us soon that was a few weeks ago.

Have one booking...  with Plus, then upgraded to Premier...  I will be watching for this email.

It won't be a big make-or-break with us.  We have Many cruises/days yet until Elite.

We are Platinum, but that has been over time... we are not what many of you here would consider Frequent Cruisers.

4 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Have one booking...  with Plus, then upgraded to Premier...  I will be watching for this email.

It won't be a big make-or-break with us.  We have Many cruises/days yet until Elite.

We are Platinum, but that has been over time... we are not what many of you here would consider Frequent Cruisers.

You don’t have to book plus or premier via the email, the double points are added automatically providing your cruise meets the criteria.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Hopefully that is true!  Even if we don't see the email that some are getting.

That is what I am thinking...  But never assume anything with Princess IT dept.

The details of the promo are clearly listed on Princess.com. Everything is automatic as long as your cruise is Aug1-Dec1 2024 and you added Plus or Premier at least 2 days before sailing date, also if you booked before promo was released/announced. Stop by future cruise during your cruise to verify, but should be automatically done.

No cruises that qualify yet, so will be interesting to see if any passengers post they did not receive ‘double the love’ automatically.

Edited by wallyj

We should be eligible for this one. We sail in September, and our cruise was booked and paid for before I got the email about the double the love promotion. Just added the plus package a week ago.

I will report back after the cruise. I find they are always prompt about updating sailing days/number of cruises sailed, so I expect to know almost as soon as we get home.

• Like 1

Haven't even received the "promo" email yet, much less the confirmation of the promo email, though this has been booked and paid for since January.  Patiently (somewhat) waiting lol.

Screenshot 2024-07-29 203713.png

Thank you for the confirmations. It seems that there are some delays in sending the email notifications for the double credits promotion. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience, 

Just got done on live chat with Princess, Above is the response.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Has anyone sailed and had the double credits applied yet?

We sailed.  The days and credits were deducted from our totals.  We had to call to rectify.  Still waiting for the correction.  Looking forward to the next deduction!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We sailed.  The days and credits were deducted from our totals.  We had to call to rectify.  Still waiting for the correction.  Looking forward to the next deduction!

Can you explain this a bit further? 
What “deduction” from what “totals”?

2 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

So instead of getting double you got negatives?