Tell me about Luminae on Apex

mafig

Normally I would not even ask this question.  I would assume that Luminae would be better than the dining room.

However, I have read some reviews where people stated they did not eat in Luminae much....if at all.  May I ask why?

If you did not eat in Luminae where did you eat?  I hope you don't say Blu....DH hates Blu.

Take a look at the menus to see if you think they are appealing to you and your DH.    We eat in Luminae around 40-50% of the time at dinners.  The menu is limited and since I can’t eat seafood or fish even more so. 

Service is very good and they try hard to please.
On the Edge class ships, including Apex, Luminae is a large dining room and can be rather noisy at peak times. 

The nights we are not in Luminae you will find us in a specialty restaurant, the MDR ( Normandie is our choice) or yes in Blu.  

• Like 2

I definitely think M class Luminae is superior in food and service to E class , agree E class is noisy. But love outdoor retreat and entertainment on E class. Our favorite restaurant on all classes is Le Petit Chef.

• Like 1

I would have ot agree that Luminae is superior on M and S class ships.  May just be a personal experience spending 6 weeks on E-Class ships this year.  

Our personal favorite of the Specialty is Murano.   I'm not a big fan of Le Petit Chef.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would have ot agree that Luminae is superior on M and S class ships.  May just be a personal experience spending 6 weeks on E-Class ships this year.  

Our personal favorite of the Specialty is Murano.   I'm not a big fan of Le Petit Chef.

I’ll be on M class in a few months.  I wish it had Murano.

It is on the port side of deck 12 at the front of the ship and exclusive for guests in suites.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Our experience in Luminae on Apex was that the service was great, the food was generally good although we often did not care for the selections, and the noise in the room was often insane.  Unlike M or S class there are no dividers to buffer the noise so if there are big groups it can sound like a high school cafeteria

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, zitsky said:

Not me but some people say they book suites for the extra space, not the food.  Seems strange, but ok.

Why strange?  I would think the Retreat plays a bigger role than food.  Room size is probably #1 for a lot of us.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Oville said:

Why strange?  I would think the Retreat plays a bigger role than food.  Room size is probably #1 for a lot of us.

Nice to have a separate bedroom that you get above the sky class, also love suite lounge and having concierge for any problems. Also bigger balcony some with hot tubs ( which we never use)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Oville said:

I don't normally pay $XX,000 for a product, then say "I'm only going to use 50% of what I paid for."  I've read on this forum people saying "I booked an ABC suite and I'm heading to the MDR."

I spend money like anyone else.  We choose to prioritize food over space.  I may very well try a move up bid on our next cruise to get more space, but it's not a priority.  I don't book small cabins to save money.  I book small cabins because I don't value the cost/benefit ratio of a large cabin.  If I want space, I'll do a land vacation.  We do enjoy the Retreat lounge, the sundeck and Luminae (and the adults only Solarium) more than having a large cabin.  

If I honestly thought the food on board was not good, I would not even get near that cruise ship.  I wouldn't take a land vacation somewhere if I thought the whole package wasn't good.  Good hotel and bad restaurants don't work for us.

45 minutes ago, George C said:

Nice to have a separate bedroom that you get above the sky class, also love suite lounge and having concierge for any problems. Also bigger balcony some with hot tubs ( which we never use)

Totally agree.

• Like 1

OP, Luminae on Apex is different than the S And M Class ships.  It’s much larger and noisier. Breakfast service is painfully slow, dinner is okay but we prefer the specialty restaurants.  Can’t say the lunch menu is awesome but it’s lunch.  This is just one person’s opinion so feel free to ignore it.  Katie

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Oville said:

OP, Luminae on Apex is different than the S And M Class ships.  It’s much larger and noisier. Breakfast service is painfully slow, dinner is okay but we prefer the specialty restaurants.  Can’t say the lunch menu is awesome but it’s lunch.  This is just one person’s opinion so feel free to ignore it.  Katie

We normally cruise on M class in a royal suite , that gives us free specialty restaurants we still do two or three dinners in Luminae. 

• Like 1