Boarding Pass

Lyndonn

All of our documentation is completed on the app and we’re scheduled for the blue lane, medallion pick-up at the port.  However, I’m unable to find my boarding pass on the app. 
Thank you 

2 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

We’re about 3 weeks out from sailing, so that answers my question. 
thank you 😃

And you don’t need the boarding pass to embark. It really only tells you the boarding times and your lane. No one will ask for it at the pier

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, memoak said:

And you don’t need the boarding pass to embark. It really only tells you the boarding times and your lane. No one will ask for it at the pier

I think the boarding pass will now also show your Cabin assignment and Deck name. I believe the check in agent will ask you for your cabin number if you know it, as I believe the Medallions for pick up are sorted by deck/cabin number.

Edited by wallyj

8 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

My app says the boarding pass will appear at 11 days prior to the cruise

Nope, I am 4 days from boarding and still no boarding pass. Princess no longer has you select a boarding group, your boarding pass with a QR code will list the check in window for your sailing along with your cabin # and deck name.

For sure, it appears in APP at least 1 day before sailing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Nope, I am 4 days from boarding and still no boarding pass. Princess no longer has you select a boarding group, your boarding pass with a QR code will list the check in window for your sailing along with your cabin # and deck name.

For sure, it appears in APP at least 1 day before sailing.

Will you at least get a time frame to board? All I know is when the ship departs...when do I find out when we can start boarding? I know it's kind of a free for all on Princess, but I assume they at least give us a time that the port opens for arrivals? 

1 minute ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Will you at least get a time frame to board? All I know is when the ship departs...when do I find out when we can start boarding? I know it's kind of a free for all on Princess, but I assume they at least give us a time that the port opens for arrivals? 

Your boarding pass will have the ‘check in’ window which is not the same as time frame to board. Many ports you can arrive earlier than the earliest check in hour.

Boarding is dependent on when the ship passenger count reaches ‘zero’ and ship has been cleared for boarding.

Check in is when at the terminal/port, you are allowed to be officially checked in and or pick up your Medallion. Sometimes, immediately after check in, you are allowed to ‘board’, other times you may be required to wait in a holding area/lounge till the ship is ready to commence boarding.

Your check in window timeframe should be all you need to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Some recently have seen the QR code/BP appear on the App 7 days before sailing.  So now, inconsistency is anywhere from 11 days to 1 day before sailing.  This will show the check in window.

Edited by PacnGoNow

When I boarded this past February in F.L. I only had to show my passport. Once through security I just took a 5 min detour to pick up my medallion. I carried a copy of my travel summary as back up, but never used it. 

• Thanks 1

People, it does not make any difference when or if the QR code shows up.  We have been on 12 cruises since 2022, leaving from four different ports, and never have had to show the QR code.   In fact, I never take my phone out of my pocket when checking in.  Have your passport handy, that is all you need.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

All I know is a lot of live threads have people “breezing through at 11am”. So there might be a bit of a queue earlier. I think they usually open around 10:30am for boarding but it can vary as it is dependent on everyone getting off the ship and cleaning. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

With 38 cruises on Princess, in San Francisco, & other terminals, I arrive usually arrive by 9:30 am. The terminal is not opened yet but usually around 10am I’m let into the terminal & btw 10:30 - 11 am I’m usually in one of the 1st groups to board the ship. I LOVE beating the crowds later & being able to usually go to my stateroom & drop off my carryons. 

Tom😀👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

All I know is a lot of live threads have people “breezing through at 11am”. So there might be a bit of a queue earlier. I think they usually open around 10:30am for boarding but it can vary as it is dependent on everyone getting off the ship and cleaning. 

Sounds good 11-1130 was more of what we were thinking, anyway. 

We haven't been asked for a boarding pass since the restart and the advent of the Medallion. Their devices will receive the unique identifier on your medallion, query the Princess computer system, and simply "know" who you are and that you belong.

Check your travel summary for the boarding window as well.  Usually something like 10:00am - 2:00pm, give or take.

As already discussed the boarding pass QR code shows up in the final days before the cruise.  I've never had to use mine but I've always done green lane.  Perhaps the QR code is helpful in pulling up your booking to get your medallions in blue lane given you don't yet have a medallion to scan. Still, I doubt even that's entirely necessary they can probably pull it up based on your name and cabin number.

19 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

In fact, I never take my phone out of my pocket when checking in

Totally concur.  Well, I need to take it out of the pocket to go through the security scanner, but thereafter, back it goes. 

39 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Check your travel summary for the boarding window as well.  Usually something like 10:00am - 2:00pm, give or take.

As already discussed the boarding pass QR code shows up in the final days before the cruise.  I've never had to use mine but I've always done green lane.  Perhaps the QR code is helpful in pulling up your booking to get your medallions in blue lane given you don't yet have a medallion to scan. Still, I doubt even that's entirely necessary they can probably pull it up based on your name and cabin number.

I do not believe the check in window appears in the travel summary, I just reviewed mine for my sailing in 3 days.

As you have noted, the boarding pass in the APP will display the check in window. This is what passengers need to know whereas previously we would select an arrival group time/block. 

Again, no one at check in asks to see this boarding pass with its QR code. Since the boarding pass has cabin number AND deck name, I believe it is useful for port personnel to find your medallion as some passengers are not familiar with what the deck letters means and P and B sometimes sound the same.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, wallyj said:

I do not believe the check in window appears in the travel summary, I just reviewed mine for my sailing in 3 days.

It's a moving target isn't it? It definitely used to.  The only thing consistent is inconsistency 🤣  Even my current travel summaries on all 3 booked cruises start with the following sentences: "All the details of your booking are here. Information ranging from your room number to boarding times."

Edit: I found later in the document the following sentence....this is definitely a recent update.  Our boarding window was on there for an April cruise this year. "Please refer to your OceanReady® Boarding Pass in the Princess Cruises® App on your mobile device to see what time the check-in window starts and ends."

Edited by PMGS247