Best way to get to Ft Lauderdale airport from Port Miami

mix300

Hi all, 

Booked Symphony OTS for April of 2025. Looking for suggestions on airport transportation from Port Miami to Ft Lauderdale International airport.

Posted (edited)

I believe there are shuttles from POM to FLL. Holding big signs when your exit the terminal doors...hard to miss them. Sorry not sure of the cost but I have used them from POM to MIA $10.00pp. You can't prebook this shuttle company.

We'll be there in March so I'll check on the POM-FLL price.

Edited by Ashland

The absolute quickest and easiest way would probably be teleportation, but I don’t think that technology exists yet.  Things could change by 2025, so maybe.

Happy planning anyway.

Posted (edited)

You asked for best way - not the cheapest way.  If that's the case, we always use private transportation and a south Florida company called Larry's Limos.  They are highly reliable and not too expensive.

BTW you will love Symphony!

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Agree with the others suggesting Uber / Lyft.  We have done so several times both to and from the different opposite location combinations of FFL and MIA airports and the Port of Miami and Port Everglades crise terminals. We find the cost reasonable for the personal and reliable service.  JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Agree with the others suggesting Uber / Lyft.  We have done so several times both to and from the different opposite location combinations of FFL and MIA airports and the Port of Miami and Port Everglades crise terminals. We find the cost reasonable for the personal and reliable service.  JMO

If you dont mind me asking , what is the cost for Uber / Lyft one way .

1 minute ago, loman said:

It has actually been a few years since we did this last but I believe the FLL to Port of Miami (which would be similar for the reverse from MIA) was around $50 for my wife and I.  But that is vehicle dependent and can change.  The drive, as example, from FLL to the Port of Miami is about 45 minutes door to door.

• Thanks 1

I have S2S in December getting off Explorer in Miami and embarking on Freedom at Port Everglades the same day,  Would Uber/Lyft be the way to go in this instance?

59 minutes ago, Trailcon said:

I have S2S in December getting off Explorer in Miami and embarking on Freedom at Port Everglades the same day,  Would Uber/Lyft be the way to go in this instance?

Shuttle sounds like it will be cheaper and you have several hours to make the trip to FLL.

If you dont want company then take an Uber .

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Trailcon said:

It would be my choice.  But we prefer the more personalized service of a car versus waiting for a shuttle van or bus to fill and make the trip with a number of other people.

It would also depend on the disembarkation time of the first cruise and the early embarkation time of the second cruise, noting that the two terminals are about 45 minutes apart.  As that is typically only separated by a couple of hours I would also use Uber / Lyft to more effectively minimize the transit time between the two.  JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind

22 hours ago, mix300 said:

Hi all, 

Booked Symphony OTS for April of 2025. Looking for suggestions on airport transportation from Port Miami to Ft Lauderdale International airport.

Hello @mix300 and welcome back to Cruise Critic and the message boards! I see it has been quite a while since you have posted.

Thank you for your new thread, however it was off topic where posted. To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the North American Homeports - Florida Departure forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you are posting again! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list of the various forums. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 8/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, loman said:

As of this posting, an UberX is $46.94. A rideshare will take you anywhere you need to go, whereas the shuttle services have certain spots they go to. I'd rather be in a rideshare than in a shuttle van that only goes certain places.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

As of this posting, an UberX is $46.94. A rideshare will take you anywhere you need to go, whereas the shuttle services have certain spots they go to. I'd rather be in a rideshare than in a shuttle van that only goes certain places.

Thank you , I agree with you for the marginal difference in price from a shuttle you get a better experience .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I apparently have to get over my fear of Uber/Lyft (anyone remember The Bone Collector?!?!).  We will be traveling from a Dania Beach hotel to POM.  Got left high & dry by SAS last year so not again.  Joe’s Transportation saved our trip but now I’m gun shy of shuttles.  It’ll be 2 of us with 2 bags so just a regular sedan will probably do.  Are we talking $50 range?

15 hours ago, poocher said:

I apparently have to get over my fear of Uber/Lyft (anyone remember The Bone Collector?!?!).  We will be traveling from a Dania Beach hotel to POM.  Got left high & dry by SAS last year so not again.  Joe’s Transportation saved our trip but now I’m gun shy of shuttles.  It’ll be 2 of us with 2 bags so just a regular sedan will probably do.  Are we talking $50 range?

As someone who has taken hundreds of rides with rideshares, you have nothing to be worried about. You are picked up within minutes of wherever you are and dropped off at the front door of where you're going. You can add stops along the way as well. Most rideshares are much cleaner, faster and cheaper than a taxi or shuttle service. As far as cost, it depends on where you're needing to be picked up, time of day, etc. As of this posting, it's $42.25 from Dania Beach to Port of Miami in an UberX, or $39.83 if you're willing to wait a few minutes (3-12 minutes). Lyft is $33.82 or $30.71 if you're willing to wait. Of course, that changes. Without knowing your pickup destination, I just used the Walmart in Dania Beach as a reference point on both apps. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, we will be at the Springhill suites on 18th and won’t need an XL. 2 passengers with 2 bags & a carry on.  Do you pay the tip directly to the driver? Or is there a spot to add it in the app ?

Edited by poocher

You can add it in the app.  Along with knowing how much the trip is going to cost before you start and the ability to tip without cash is what I like about Uber/Lyft.  I generally find Lyft cheaper in south Florida but I always check both at the time of the ride.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Still makes me nervous (phobia - an unreasonable fear!). My DD who uses Uber periodically has promised to talk me through it (or just do it for me).  Thanks for the reassurances.

Next question:  how do I indicate which terminal we are using at POM?

Edited by poocher