Making The "News" For Asking About Celebrity Drink Packages

I've never considered thestreet to be a news site - some sort of spam or clickbait or maybe all AI content, but it does pop up in my news feed under "Cruises" and I was a bit (but not too much) surprised to see it used our Q&A with the X President as "source" information.

Weird to see questions on CC used as a story topic line elsewhere.

Link: https://www.thestreet.com/travel/celebrity-cruises-makes-a-bold-move-to-improve-its-drink-packages

I never considered thestreet to be a true news site although I have learned some things from their articles over time.  BUT the article you refer to really ticked me off (a polite way of saying it) since it was nothing but old news cut & pasted from Cruise Critic.  I guess that is the price we pay for internet news.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

theStreet is investment news.  They try to get the low down on everything.  The other article that was more newsworthy was about them changing the ratio of the dreaded IVs.  Celebrity will do it market based vs. saying you must like a IV 🙂 

The news is coming from the President of Celebrity making a comment on their directions...  Both pluses in my opinions,  but stay tuned ...

Celebrity could be #1 again,  if they want to and their bean counters do not ruin the experience.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

Well in regard to stock valuations, I do not get Celebrity's business model.  Previously they were top tier or #1 and could command a price premium similar to Apple.  Now they are even with HAL and Princess.  Why?

If this were my business I would go for top tier.  There are many ways that they can out do HAL and Princess for minimal cost.  Apple fans are fanatics about the product.  Time to bring this back to Celebrity!

I hope this is good news and that favorites like Mer Soleil and the Grgich Hills Opulence wines end up back on the premium list.  I also enjoy some of the Belle Glos Pinot Noirs, but I can’t remember if they were always a small upcharge.  Although I’m pretty sure they were never the $10 per glass up charge that I paid on our recent cruise on the Apex.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ohiopops4 said:

I hope this is good news and that favorites like Mer Soleil and the Grgich Hills Opulence wines end up back on the premium list.  

I do not see this happening.  What I foresee is the introduction of new wines on the basic and premium packages.  I was surprised that out of all the wines moved up to the "Enhanced" list only Decoy was brought back to the premium list. 

Same B.S. lip service. We are constantly evaluating the selection Yada Yada Yada....and nothing changes but the price. I will book AI at the time of booking if the price makes sense to me. It seems from reading many threads how brands disappear off of the premium menu it only makes sense to me to pay the difference for the rare occasion I want a call brand. What annoys me is the mystery pricing and the fake sales.  On my last Royal Caribbean sailing the onboard price was the same as the sales they were offering all along. I have never seen the drink package offered at the inflated regular price.

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not see this happening.  What I foresee is the introduction of new wines on the basic and premium packages.  I was surprised that out of all the wines moved up to the "Enhanced" list only Decoy was brought back to the premium list. 

Decoy and Whispering Angel.

On 8/10/2024 at 2:53 PM, Tom and Ingrid said:

I've never considered thestreet to be a news site - some sort of spam or clickbait or maybe all AI content, but it does pop up in my news feed under "Cruises" and I was a bit (but not too much) surprised to see it used our Q&A with the X President as "source" information.

Link: https://www.thestreet.com/travel/celebrity-cruises-makes-a-move-to-improve-its-drink-packages

The first sentence tells you the author isn’t that knowledgeable with the line unlike their parent Royal Caribbean when discussing drink packages. Royal Caribbean International is a sister company to Celebrity Cruises, not their parent. Both of these cruise lines are owned by Royal Caribbean Group, which is a company but not a cruise line. 

41 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Decoy and Whispering Angel.

Ah, right.  Another of those top end $20/bottle wines.  Makes sense a cruise line would give it space on the shelf.  They make over 3 million bottles every year.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:53 AM, Tom and Ingrid said:

Link: https://www.thestreet.com/travel/celebrity-cruises-makes-a-bold-move-to-improve-its-drink-packages

Congrats!

It's an investment site where like many sites, authors/contributors post their articles

image.thumb.png.987bae5618425c5781ad0cce87907671.png

image.thumb.png.62fa57a2cb0200a0e8d61113ead5c783.png

The part I liked about the article was the "bold move" by Celebrity to address complaints about drink package inclusions was that they are planning to form a committee to look into it. 

I think I have a different definition of "bold."

• Like 1