Sun Princess Changes?

Hobby3333

We just got off the Sun Princess and there were a lot of rumors about changes that are coming out this fall.   We just booked a D0 cat which is a Sanctuary Balcony cabin.  I believe there are only two or four on a few decks.   We were in an S9 earlier on our cruise last month.  Seems the D0 is a really good value to get the Sanctuary benefits.   We also heard that they were moving the Sanctuary dining location to the Reserve dining room.   Is this correct or just rumors.  I personally would prefer the Reserve dining room because of the noise level in the current Sanctuary dining room.   Can anyone shed any light?  I just don’t know what I don’t know.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

We just got off the Sun Princess and there were a lot of rumors about changes that are coming out this fall.   We just booked a D0 cat which is a Sanctuary Balcony cabin.  I believe there are only two or four on a few decks.   We were in an S9 earlier on our cruise last month.  Seems the D0 is a really good value to get the Sanctuary benefits.   We also heard that they were moving the Sanctuary dining location to the Reserve dining room.   Is this correct or just rumors.  I personally would prefer the Reserve dining room because of the noise level in the current Sanctuary dining room.   Can anyone shed any light?  I just don’t know what I don’t know.  

Currently - rumors, speculation, etc. "Someone told someone and I heard" are the keys, so far. . There's been no confirmation from Princess on any moves of dining locations or such.

It's a wait and see at this point.. it is almost certain they'll have to make some changes but what and when and such - 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

The significant changes are confirmed. Sanctuary will be limited to Cabins that are sold as “Sanctuary Class”. D0 will not qualify. The Specialty Restaurants at the back of the Buffet will be moved into the Reserve/Signature restaurants. 

Just now, JimmyVWine said:

The significant changes are confirmed. Sanctuary will be limited to Cabins that are sold as “Sanctuary Class”. D0 will not qualify. The Specialty Restaurants at the back of the Buffet will be moved into the Reserve/Signature restaurants. 

Where are the Princesses confirmation of these changes - and when will they take place?

(Referring to the dining changes, well aware of the reclassification, etc on Oct 14 for Sanctuary Collection).

• Thanks 1

We are on the Sun the first week of January. We are in a S9 cabin so I made reservations for the first night at The Catch by Rudy. No problem making the reservation on the app, but per Princess' website the Catch has been moved 10 feet aft of the stern. Anyway, the Catch is no longer on the Sun as of October 14th. Its current next door neighbor is gone also. 

10 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Where are the Princesses confirmation of these changes - and when will they take place?

(Referring to the dining changes, well aware of the reclassification, etc on Oct 14 for Sanctuary Collection).

There are several dining review videos by vloggers who spoke with the dining room managers of Catch and Butcher questioning the odd placement of these restaurants and they were all told that after the European season these restaurants would be moving. Not sure why the dining room managers would lie about this. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Unless Princess website is incorrect, D0 is sold as Sanctuary with the benefits.   I just booked with Princess today for Oct 3, 2026.  Sanctuary Balcony includes:  Sanctuary Club, Private Restaurant and Premier Package for $3236.00 per person.  Decks 11-17.   It looks like there are 3cabins on both the starboard and port sides.  

• Thanks 1

We will all see, for sure, come Oct. 14.

Yes, the price on these D0 cabins is now very high...  By all accounts, they ARE sanctuary club/class cabins with full benefits.  Effective Oct 14.

Those who had previously booked these before they were changed to 'Sanctuary' cabins are supposed to have access to the Sanctuary, and (I assume) the Sanctuary dining.   But, will not get the included Premier Package that comes included, at the increase in price, when booked after the change, and booked as Sanctuary cabins.  (were previously Premium Deluxe Balcony)

Princess will definitely have to be moving the Signature/Sanctuary dining room to a location that can handle that many more guests.   I thought that the Sanctuary Dining Room was being moved to the upper level ( Deck 8 ) of the MDR.   The Catch and Butcher's Block were being moved to the Signature and Reserve dining rooms.  And the American Diner Menu was being moved to the back section of the Eatery/Buffet where Catch and Butcher's Block currently are?????

As mentioned...  with Princess, who can know for sure?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Your source? Please post link.

• Like 1

Okay 

I have a D0 aft booked-  months ago.

My travel summary says it is Sanctuary Collection. Includes private dining  room and use of Sanctuary.

If I try to purchase a bundle it will not let me. I have been charged for my 3 specialty dinners. It is charging me for wifi and crew appreciation.  October 19/24 cruise Sun.

OP- since you booked yesterday your D0aft is priced to include the premier package, as well.

i just changed my Star- S9 to a Vista S4 and it has ncludes the full suite benefits with premier.  These are listed in my travel summary.

6 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

With all due respect, the D0 cabin that I booked included Premier Package in the price.   Will be interesting if there are more changes.

Look at your Travel Summary to see what is included.  Let us know.

Posted (edited)

I am surprised you were able to book a D0 aft.. They are all showing booked for me for all dates.  What cabin ?

what ship?  Star or Sun?

Sun is Oct 3/26.

Edited by dog

2 hours ago, dog said:

OP  yes, you have it all. I see the D0 aft for your dates on the Sun. click standard link under pricing and it shows all the inclusions

Really not a bad deal for the price to get all the perks.   Still more than I paid for S9 on my sailing last month but prices have gone up a lot.   For my S9 on the Sun I paid $5600 and some change.   D0 is $6472.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

We just got off the Sun Princess and there were a lot of rumors about changes that are coming out this fall.

Did you happen to notice a self serve coffee/tea station in the buffet area?

As someone sailing AFTER the changes but having to make final payment BEFORE the changes go into effect, I am strongly considering cancelling my booking at this point.  I booked when I did so they could get the kinks out and so that I could see reviews of what I might be getting.  Seems Princess themselves don't even know at this point...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

As someone sailing AFTER the changes but having to make final payment BEFORE the changes go into effect, I am strongly considering cancelling my booking at this point.  I booked when I did so they could get the kinks out and so that I could see reviews of what I might be getting.  Seems Princess themselves don't even know at this point...

True. I have a lot of posts about them advertising upgrades & benefits for a D0 aft- paid an extra $200

pp for the aft cabin. Then was told mistake, error.  Then it says Sanctuay Collection . I’m not canceling and will be fine with the bigger balcony, if no other upgrades.

Dog, I believe you do not have a bundle/package, and that a bundle should not be included in your D0 cabin, which was booked before the changes.

You said that you could not add a bundle....

I think that there have been some glitches with this...

My TA was finally able to find the right person at Princess to upgrade our next booking to PREMIER.    It did not seem to be simple or easy.   

I wanted to say this...  If you do get a bundle, and are refunded for those dining reservations, or other refunds, then this should be in refundable OBC.    

The catch to this is,   if Princess continues to (sometimes or always?) apply your refundable OBC first, which would then mean that any amount of NON-refundable OBC you have will count against the amount of your cash refund, after the cruise, when your folio is settled.

You have probably been seeing the posts about this, but I just wanted to post again , here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

With all due respect, the D0 cabin that I booked included Premier Package in the price.   Will be interesting if there are more changes.

Yes, we understand...  You booked AFTER these changes, and your booking includes ALL of the Sanctuary club/class benefits.   ENJOY!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Dog, I believe you do not have a bundle/package, and that a bundle should not be included in your D0 cabin, which was booked before the changes.

You said that you could not add a bundle....

I think that there have been some glitches with this...

My TA was finally able to find the right person at Princess to upgrade our next booking to PREMIER.    It did not seem to be simple or easy.   

I wanted to say this...  If you do get a bundle, and are refunded for those dining reservations, or other refunds, then this should be in refundable OBC.    

The catch to this is,   if Princess continues to (sometimes or always?) apply your refundable OBC first, which would then mean that any amount of NON-refundable OBC you have will count against the amount of your cash refund, after the cruise, when your folio is settled.

You have probably been seeing the posts about this, but I just wanted to post again , here.

We will pay as we go for drinks etc.  There was never a letter to say we were grandfathered when the changes were announced.  The “includes Sanctuary & private dining “ started showing up in my personalizer & travel summary. The drinks etc- bundle I am not expecting.

My Vista S4 Star booked last week lists each item in my travel summary for premier package.

The D0-aft says only Sanctuary Collection.

17 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Unless Princess website is incorrect, D0 is sold as Sanctuary with the benefits.

I think that is correct. I thought that they were changing the “D” designation to an “S” to coincide with “Sanctuary” to avoid confusion. But I guess the opted to keep it confusing!

• Like 1